Yates' Guide to a Better Back

@Stu - Love these rope pullovers, I have always done cable pullovers on a incline bench with a straight bar but these feel better to me.

[quote]flat6nut wrote:
Wow, I really thought I was doing everything needed to build a bigger back. After reading this thread tomorrows back day will be seeing a couple changes. This just may be the thing I needed for new stimulation. Thanks![/quote]

You’ve got a great back, Flat. And damn, you’re 45?

I guess old dogs CAN learn new tricks!

:wink:

[quote]View 1 wrote:
@Stu - Love these rope pullovers, I have always done cable pullovers on a incline bench with a straight bar but these feel better to me. [/quote]

I’ve done the bench variation myself (with DBs actually), but what I like so much about just standing at the high cable, is that you can really position your torso and hit the lower attachments well (an area I’ve really focused on the last 2 years to offset my waist). Also, with the rope, you have the option of keeping your hands together, or pulling them apart. My preference is to let them touch at the stretch point, but pull apart at the full contraction. Sort of the best of both worlds in terms of what I want out of the movement.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]View 1 wrote:
@Stu - Love these rope pullovers, I have always done cable pullovers on a incline bench with a straight bar but these feel better to me. [/quote]

I’ve done the bench variation myself (with DBs actually), but what I like so much about just standing at the high cable, is that you can really position your torso and hit the lower attachments well (an area I’ve really focused on the last 2 years to offset my waist). Also, with the rope, you have the option of keeping your hands together, or pulling them apart. My preference is to let them touch at the stretch point, but pull apart at the full contraction. Sort of the best of both worlds in terms of what I want out of the movement.

S[/quote]

Thanks for the tip about the hand placement I will try that this week, I just kept my hands close threw out the entire movement ( which still felt great ).

Well thank you for this thread. That was a gret read.

Can’t wait to try Stu’s Rope Pullovers tomorrow.

We are calling those rope pullovers now? Ahhh

I’ve always called them rope pressdowns

Yea, they’re sick.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Yea, they’re sick.[/quote]

Not the same exercise. Read Stu’s description.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Not the same exercise. Read Stu’s description.[/quote

See, I would but I don’t wanna scroll through all the other jabronis who posted in this thread.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Not the same exercise. Read Stu’s description.[/quote

See, I would but I don’t wanna scroll through all the other jabronis who posted in this thread.[/quote]

LOL!

The decline press the way Yates performed them were the best movement to stimulate growth assuming you could go heavy and survive. The fact is that most people cannot. If you lower the weight, with your elbows flared as opposed to tucked, using somewhere between 20-24 inches between your indexs