Yankees Red Sox Game

[quote]riverhawk23 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

This is one of the biggest problems that NYers have with Sox fans.

Basically, what it comes down to is that there would not be Red Sox fans if the Yankees didnt exist.

I knew it was going down hill once I saw the pink Red Sox hat it should have had the Red Sox B with andwagon right to the side of it.

As for the last part sad but true. We needed an antagonist. Although the Red Sox sell out record began in 2003. Mostly do to the Red Sox coming so close and never making it to the promised land always losing to the “Evil Empire” in the ALCS, if they were lucky enough to make it past the ALDS. It could be the greatest resurgency in baseball.[/quote]

Bandwagon? I’d rather see a million pink baseball hats than see 5 oversized ghetto new era hats by a bunch of people that don’t know a thing about baseball. And what started that trend? The Yankees. FUCK NEW YORK.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Basically, what it comes down to is that there would not be Red Sox fans if the Yankees didnt exist.

I knew it was going down hill once I saw the pink Red Sox hat it should have had the Red Sox B with andwagon right to the side of it.

As for the last part sad but true. We needed an antagonist. Although the Red Sox sell out record began in 2003. Mostly do to the Red Sox coming so close and never making it to the promised land always losing to the “Evil Empire” in the ALCS, if they were lucky enough to make it past the ALDS. It could be the greatest resurgency in baseball.

Bandwagon? I’d rather see a million pink baseball hats than see 5 oversized ghetto new era hats by a bunch of people that don’t know a thing about baseball. And what started that trend? The Yankees. FUCK NEW YORK.[/quote]

Oh yeah… and the Phillies are world champs.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
The Phillies are still the world champs.
[/quote]

Dude I remember some radio personality said we wasn’t praying because then God would find out the Phillies were in the World Series and fuck everything up…It was hilarious.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

As for the last part sad but true. We needed an antagonist. Although the Red Sox sell out record began in 2003. Mostly do to the Red Sox coming so close and never making it to the promised land always losing to the “Evil Empire” in the ALCS, if they were lucky enough to make it past the ALDS. It could be the greatest resurgency in baseball.

Bandwagon? I’d rather see a million pink baseball hats than see 5 oversized ghetto new era hats by a bunch of people that don’t know a thing about baseball. And what started that trend? The Yankees. FUCK NEW YORK.[/quote]

No, moron. Jay-Z started the trend.

Do you really think that Randy Levine or the Steinbrenners went to the projects and started handing out Yankee hats to the kids? Are you high?

Don’t get me started on Philly fans. Biggest dirtbags in sports. You boo your own players just for the sake of it (not just in Baseball, kind of hard to do that with a straight face to a championship team).

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Bandwagon?

I’d rather see a million pink baseball hats than see 5 oversized ghetto new era hats by a bunch of people that don’t know a thing about baseball. And what started that trend? The Yankees. FUCK NEW YORK.[/quote]

Yup spell out Bandwagon on a hat…You could probably sell it to people in New York who dislike the Sox…I’d like to see that too just as long as they were one some women’s head and not gay guys… Yeah I guess I don’t mind that new era hat because most of the time it’s a fashion thing, whereas you get some clown wearing a pink hat and all of a sudden they think know everyone’s stats for the past three years, yet when you talk to them they are all about baseball yet barely name anyone besides the cute guys and Big Papi…Your baseball IQ goes up by over 9000 if you get one I heard.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Bandwagon? I’d rather see a million pink baseball hats than see 5 oversized ghetto new era hats by a bunch of people that don’t know a thing about baseball. And what started that trend? The Yankees. FUCK NEW YORK.

No, moron. Jay-Z started the trend.

Do you really think that Randy Levine or the Steinbrenners went to the projects and started handing out Yankee hats to the kids? Are you high?

Don’t get me started on Philly fans. Biggest dirtbags in sports. You boo your own players just for the sake of it (not just in Baseball, kind of hard to do that with a straight face to a championship team). [/quote]

Yes… we boo our own players. We don’t like to cheer when our players perform poorly. We like to let our players know that they are capable of performing better.

For instance… Brad Lidge.

He was perfect last year… praiseworthy.

He blows cock this year… Should I as a fan say nothing? No, I will boo him (whenever he gets of the DL) until he actually saves games.

xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Bandwagon?

I’d rather see a million pink baseball hats than see 5 oversized ghetto new era hats by a bunch of people that don’t know a thing about baseball. And what started that trend? The Yankees. FUCK NEW YORK.

Yup spell out Bandwagon on a hat…You could probably sell it to people in New York who dislike the Sox…I’d like to see that too just as long as they were one some women’s head and not gay guys… Yeah I guess I don’t mind that new era hat because most of the time it’s a fashion thing, whereas you get some clown wearing a pink hat and all of a sudden they think know everyone’s stats for the past three years, yet when you talk to them they are all about baseball yet barely name anyone besides the cute guys and Big Papi…Your baseball IQ goes up by over 9000 if you get one I heard.

[/quote]

Fashion doesn’t belong in sports. If you want to wear big hats, whatever, but keep the team logos off of them.

I don’t mind the pink too much (for girls that is). Most girls go to baseball games because they are taken by their boyfriends or husbands, so if they want to wear a pink hat, the boyfriend/husband should deal with it. Any girl that actually cares about baseball doesn’t really sport the pink. And as far as guys that wear them… just punch them in the mouth, and rub their hat in the blood, to “ruin” it.

You people booed Santa…That’s fucked in my book. And fans from Philly also chanted “How’s your son” and “Where’s your son” at Joe Jurevicius when his infant son died. Special places in hell are reserved for those that chanted that shit.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:

Fashion doesn’t belong in sports.

I don’t mind the pink too much (for girls that is). [/quote]

Oh ok. Now you are starting to make sense…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
xkungpowx wrote:

Fashion doesn’t belong in sports.

I don’t mind the pink too much (for girls that is).

Oh ok. Now you are starting to make sense…
[/quote]

Sorry for the disconnect… girls also don’t belong in sports (oh yeah… I went there). But as I said they are taken to events by their husbands/boyfriends, which means that their related fashions are dragged by default.

You people booed Santa…That’s fucked in my book. And fans from Philly also chanted “How’s your son” and “Where’s your son” at Joe Jurevicius when his infant son died. Special places in hell are reserved for those that chanted that shit.[/quote]

As far as Santa goes… get over it. It was a drunk college student dressed up as Santa, not some official Santa from Macy’s. Do some research.

The Joe Jurevicius thing… yeah that was over the line. I’m not gonna defend that one, but I don’t think too many people in Philadelphia would either.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
You people booed Santa…That’s fucked in my book. And fans from Philly also chanted “How’s your son” and “Where’s your son” at Joe Jurevicius when his infant son died. Special places in hell are reserved for those that chanted that shit.

As far as Santa goes… get over it. It was a drunk college student dressed up as Santa, not some official Santa from Macy’s. Do some research.

The Joe Jurevicius thing… yeah that was over the line. I’m not gonna defend that one, but I don’t think too many people in Philadelphia would either.[/quote]

I agree. Philadelphia fans sometimes go over the line but booing players that are performing well under their capabilities should be standard.

Do you actually feel bad for a player being booed who is playing like shit? Shit, man, Adam Eaton basically stole $16 million from us, got cut from the playoff roster and then had the nerve to come back on ring night to collect his ring. He deserved every boo he got.

http://www.phillysportscast.com/phillies-world-series-ring-stolen/

kungpow, where in Philly are you at?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:

The Joe Jurevicius thing… yeah that was over the line. I’m not gonna defend that one, but I don’t think too many people in Philadelphia would either.

I agree. Philadelphia fans sometimes go over the line but booing players that are performing well under their capabilities should be standard.

Do you actually feel bad for a player being booed who is playing like shit? Shit, man, Adam Eaton basically stole $16 million from us, got cut from the playoff roster and then had the nerve to come back on ring night to collect his ring. He deserved every boo he got.[/quote]

I said ‘booed for the sake of it’ for a reason.

Arod gets booed every time he grounds into a DP. As he should.

Philly fans boo everyone that isn’t hitting a home run or orchestrating a game winning march down the field in the 4th quarter.

McNabb is the most obvious example.

Philly fans are just negative people (at sporting events, no idea about daily life). It’s engrained. Fan bases develop a reputation for a reason. Philly just has shitty people attending its sporting events.

I live in Chester and work in the Northeast (and yes, the drive sucks)

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Philly fans are just negative people (at sporting events, no idea about daily life). [/quote]

Daily life is pretty much the same.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
I live in Chester and work in the Northeast (and yes, the drive sucks)[/quote]

I live in the Northeast and (sometimes) work in Chester.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
xkungpowx wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:

Do you actually feel bad for a player being booed who is playing like shit? Shit, man, Adam Eaton basically stole $16 million from us, got cut from the playoff roster and then had the nerve to come back on ring night to collect his ring. He deserved every boo he got.

I said ‘booed for the sake of it’ for a reason.

Arod gets booed every time he grounds into a DP. As he should.

Philly fans boo everyone that isn’t hitting a home run or orchestrating a game winning march down the field in the 4th quarter.

McNabb is the most obvious example.

Philly fans are just negative people (at sporting events, no idea about daily life). It’s engrained. Fan bases develop a reputation for a reason. Philly just has shitty people attending its sporting events. [/quote]

McNabb is a whiner. He needs to get over himself. He used to be good, but he’s old. If he didn’t complain about being booed for poor performance, he probably wouldn’t get booed so much.

For example: Pat Burrell… he was not exactly “Pat the Bat” for the majority of the year. He go booed a handful of times for screwing up scoring opportunities. Also, his fielding wasn’t the greatest. But he took it is stride, he accepted the boos… and now he plays for the Rays, but the city still loves him (when we’re not in the middle of a game with them).

McNabb needs to grow a pair.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Philly fans are just negative people (at sporting events, no idea about daily life).

Daily life is pretty much the same.

xkungpowx wrote:
I live in Chester and work in the Northeast (and yes, the drive sucks)

I live in the Northeast and (sometimes) work in Chester. [/quote]

Haha… wanna switch jobs?

I work at the Naval Supply Point on Oxford.

You guys bring up an execellent point… Has the art of booing been lost. I mean everyone boos the away team players but many people don’t boo the home team players even when they deserve it. For that I applaud Philly in their quest to let it be known that while you are a player for the home team that does not automatically exclude you from being booed and having the player know your dislike about their play.

To be fair with McNabb though you guys booed him when he got drafted too, you really didn’t give him much of a chance. I mean he is still one of the only QBs to come out of that draft that are still playing. But yes he does whine a lot.