XPC 2014

xpcpowerlifting

the list labeled “2014 saturday flights” shows all the openers right? Does anyone know is henry thomason really opened up with 1270? that’s insane!!

noone cares about multiply any more

[quote]millercraig222 wrote:
xpcpowerlifting

the list labeled “2014 saturday flights” shows all the openers right? Does anyone know is henry thomason really opened up with 1270? that’s insane!![/quote]

That’s what he originally wrote down for his opener @ weigh-ins. He actually dropped it 50lbs the day of the meet because he felt off. He ended up bombing on the squat.

Last year he opened at 1200 and jumped to 1300. He came up with 1300 but was called for depth.

[quote]Paul33 wrote:
[/quote]

yeah and ‘most people’ don’t give a fuck about powerlifting so it kind of makes all of this a niche sport anyways…

rum 7 got over 45000 views on the livestream, animal and bsn are sponsoring people, and it seems like raw liftings starting to leak into the bodybuilding sphere. so thats bullshit. now people see that you can be strong as shit and not look like donnie thompson

I think the average individual can relate to raw better than equipped. Raw lifting is simple in comparison to equipped.

I wouldn’t want to do equipped lifting. Much more difficult than raw.

equipped lifting… can’t knock it til you try it. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous at first until i finally gave in and bought a deadlift suit. i figured at the very least it would be a fun (and very painful) experience. After a couple days of lifting in that thing i fell in love. nothing feels quite as awesome as immediately crushing your raw 1RM.

if no one cares about multiply lifting that’s fine. I just want to train and compete.

yes equipped lifting is difficult, but if you like it it’s worth the trouble.

anyone know who the overall winner was for the xpc 2014?

[quote]Paul33 wrote:
rum 7 got over 45000 views on the livestream, animal and bsn are sponsoring people, and it seems like raw liftings starting to leak into the bodybuilding sphere. so thats bullshit. now people see that you can be strong as shit and not look like donnie thompson[/quote]

Do you have a sponsorship? How many people travel to see you lift?

do you? what has that got to do with it? dont you total sub 2000 geared? fuck thats bad with how the gears gotten. i would like to see my favourite sport grow. just because shitty lifters have needed to boost their egos with fake numbers and ruined the sport, doesnt mean it has to stay that way.

equipped lifting… can’t knock it til you try it. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous at first until i finally gave in and bought a deadlift suit. i figured at the very least it would be a fun (and very painful) experience. After a couple days of lifting in that thing i fell in love. nothing feels quite as awesome as immediately crushing your raw 1RM.

if no one cares about multiply lifting that’s fine. I just want to train and compete.

yes equipped lifting is difficult, but if you like it it’s worth the trouble. [/quote]

I guess I should have clarified difficult. Ha.

I meant technique. There’s just not a lot of room for error or the equipment won’t work properly. Then there’s how much to adjust the equipment for particular amounts of weight so a lifter can hit depth or touch chest. But like you said, it all comes w/ time and learning.

[/quote]

Chris Janek for heavy’s. I’m thinking Brian Carroll must have gotten hurt. He went 1070/835/145.

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]Paul33 wrote:
rum 7 got over 45000 views on the livestream, animal and bsn are sponsoring people, and it seems like raw liftings starting to leak into the bodybuilding sphere. so thats bullshit. now people see that you can be strong as shit and not look like donnie thompson[/quote]

Do you have a sponsorship? How many people travel to see you lift?[/quote]

lol is this supposed to be an attack on me? youre the guy totalling less than 2000 in gear arent you? fuck me thats bad, considering how the gears gotten these days. if i dont deserve an opinion than neither do you. just because the sports been fucked up by weak people trying to inflate their numbers with gear, doesnt mean it has to stay fucked

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

[/quote]

Chris Janek for heavy’s. I’m thinking Brian Carroll must have gotten hurt. He went 1070/835/145.
[/quote]

yeah brian said in an interview after the meet that his back pain was flaring up pretty bad and he could really feel it during his deadlift warm ups. he decided to play it safe and shut it down to fight another day. definitely a tough decision when you’re at that level. Mad respect for that guy!

[quote]Paul33 wrote:

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]Paul33 wrote:

lol is this supposed to be an attack on me? youre the guy totalling less than 2000 in gear arent you? fuck me thats bad, considering how the gears gotten these days. if i dont deserve an opinion than neither do you. just because the sports been fucked up by weak people trying to inflate their numbers with gear, doesnt mean it has to stay fucked[/quote]

FWIW, there was a thread on here a while back with raw zealots claiming wild shit like you just did about “gear” and in this particular thread, people were attacking Matt Wenning. Saying shit like he prolly couldn’t squat 405 without his suit etc. Well guess who set a fucking world record for the 308’s at the RUM7???
Didn’t Mendelson hold the raw bench record as well as the geared bench record at the same time? Wasn’t it 705 / 1003 or some shit?
Yes the gear has gotten better but you still have to be strong to put up the numbers plus if I aint mistaken everyone in those meets is wearing / not wearing the shit so whats the fucking problem?

there are several individuals who ave competed raw and geared at one point in time and did very well. Hell i think steve goggins finally did his first raw meet at RUM7 and he’s in his 50’s. that guy will be strong forever!

[quote]Paul33 wrote:

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]Paul33 wrote:

lol is this supposed to be an attack on me? youre the guy totalling less than 2000 in gear arent you? fuck me thats bad, considering how the gears gotten these days. if i dont deserve an opinion than neither do you. just because the sports been fucked up by weak people trying to inflate their numbers with gear, doesnt mean it has to stay fucked[/quote]

I compete raw and geared and I haven’t yet totaled over 2,000. I understand where that ranks in the scheme of things. That being said, you won’t find me trolling message boards writing ignorant comments like “noone cares about multiply anymore” and “now people see that you can be strong as shit and not look like donnie thompson”. If you’re going to do that, at least have some kind of credibility to your name.

Equipped lifters are strong. Anyone who thinks they aren’t just doesn’t know the sport all that well.

Equipped lifting isn’t destroying powerlifting. Powerlifting just isn’t popular with the masses. So just lift where you’re gonna lift and how you choose to lift.

People who have been around the sport long enough recognize strength whether raw or gear. Give respect to those you believe deserve it.

And remember - a 2000lb total is nothing to sneeze at and certainly doesn’t define someone who hasn’t achieved that as weak. There are a few exceptional individuals w/ crazy genetics who work hard putting up those big numbers and because of that, sub 2000lb totals look weak. There are many strong individuals totaling much less so its easy to get numb to those #'s when we see a few making history every meet they enter.

[quote]Paul33 wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]Paul33 wrote:

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]Paul33 wrote:

FWIW, there was a thread on here a while back with raw zealots claiming wild shit like you just did about “gear” and in this particular thread, people were attacking Matt Wenning. Saying shit like he prolly couldn’t squat 405 without his suit etc. Well guess who set a fucking world record for the 308’s at the RUM7???
Didn’t Mendelson hold the raw bench record as well as the geared bench record at the same time? Wasn’t it 705 / 1003 or some shit?
Yes the gear has gotten better but you still have to be strong to put up the numbers plus if I aint mistaken everyone in those meets is wearing / not wearing the shit so whats the fucking problem? [/quote]

I was wondering if Wenning set the record. I didn’t hear anything about it, and powelifting-watch hasn’t credited him with anything that I can see.