Xfinity Arris Router Help

Hi IT folks, need some help here. I recently got Comcast Xfinity (December) and everything was running smoothly for a while. All of a sudden the WiFi through the Xfinity router they gave me (Arris - it was free…) isn’t working. I know the internet is working because my PS4 is hardwired to the router and is working fine. I’m also connected to the router through the WiFi (at least my phone and computer says it is connected), but there is no internet. The 2.4 and 5 ghz lights are not solid on the router if that matters (I’m guessing it does).

Any thoughts? Is the router bad or is this a settings issue.

Thanks.

Did you restart the router yet? The standard: unplug the power cable, let it sit for 10 seconds or so, then plug it in back in and let it all reboot.

I have issues with my cable-company’s router dropping the wifi a lot too. The PS3 is fine and one of the PCs is fine because it’s plugged in directly, but the wifi drops a lot.

Reset it as mentioned and if not go into the user interface and see if there are any issues. Honestly, these are all junk. I’d invest in a quality router yourself and maybe a modem which total should recoup itself in less than 2 years.

Ya, I’ve reset it a bunch of times. I did buy a router I was going to use (Netgear I believe, highly rated and compatible). Xfinity gave me the router for free though (no monthly rental fee) and the router/modem I bought doesn’t have an input for the phone line. I could switch them out, but I’m not sure what to do about the phone then.