Xenoestrogen Free Lotions

After reading the recent update article on environmental estrogens, I decided to check the moisturizer I use for parabens. As luck would have it, every bottle of body or face lotion I owned had some form of paraben (methyl, propyl and one other I can’t remember).

So I went out to buy a new bottle from the drugstore since I’m heading out for a beach vacation next week and will surely be needing moisturizer. The only thing I found was that looked decent was Eucerin Original Lotion. I have no idea what half the ingredients are, but I didn’t see any paraben varients. Here’s the list:

Water, Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, PEG-40, Sorbitan Peroleate, Glycerol Lanolate, Sorbitol, Proplyene Glycol, Cetyl Palmitate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, BHT, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Anything of concern in there? In addition, what other brands are out there that are good options for body lotion and options for face lotion?

The PEG 40 and prop glycol. Basically all the ingredients except the water and mineral oil are some garbage chemical that you’re putting on your body. It sucks I know because every damn thing on the market has some kind of toxic chemical in it. The only place I’ve found that has toxic chemical free body care stuff is the same place I get my greens and other nutrients besides my Biotest stuff. www.healthline.cc

I checked out the healthline.cc site and liked their philosophy. Although it appears they have some high-quality products, I found the site difficult to use and additionally was not able to find clear product descriptions for their lotions.

Anyone else have some brand name or vendor suggestions for quality lotions free from devilish chemicals?

Why don’t you call them (800) 370-3447. They have real customer service folks there that I’d bet can get you the ingredient list or whatever you need.

I found an interesting site that rates the general safety of many moisturizer products:
http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/prodsummary.php?showby=brand&ewg_cat=Moisturizer

Unfortunately, they only take into account certain red flag ingredients which is non-inclusive of parabens. Still interesting nonetheless.