XBOX: Hidden Gems

Any thoughts on what games you’d consider “hidden gems” on the XBOX system? I love playing these types of games. I’m currently playing “Freedom Fighter” which I consider a hidden gem. Great game…only knock against it is that it’s too short.

original xbox? urban chaos: riot response, awsome game fps as a riot policeman trying to restore order in a city over run by violent crazy thugs. throwing cleavers in peoples faces was my favorite part.
unfortunately you cant play it on the 360 yet

Yes, I’m curious just about the original XBOX. I’m looking for some new games to play, but have played all the more popular ones out there.

Okay, I’ll say this once, and soak it all up.

Ninja Gaiden Black.

One of the more intense action/adventure games ever made. Plus, Ryu is fucking RIPPED.

Buy it now, thank me later.

The Warriors, based on the late 70’s gang movie. It is a great game made by the same dudes that make GTA series. The fight mechanics and levels have that authentic gritty feel to it. You’ll love the game.

[quote]SSC wrote:

Ninja Gaiden Black.

One of the more intense action/adventure games ever made. Plus, Ryu is fucking RIPPED.

Buy it now, thank me later.[/quote]

No, you’ve missed the point of my thread. A “hidden gem” is a game that wasn’t very popular, but was good. Ninja Gaiden Black wouldn’t count since it was very popular and hyped like crazy. Grant it, it lived up to the hype. A game like “Urban Choas” would count since most people have never heard of it.

Besides, I’ve played it and yes it is gooood!

[quote]Digity wrote:
SSC wrote:

Ninja Gaiden Black.

Buy it now, thank me later.

No, you’ve missed the point of my thread. A “hidden gem” is a game that wasn’t very popular, but was good. Ninja Gaiden Black wouldn’t count since it was very popular and hyped like crazy.

Grant it, it lived up to the hype. A game like “Urban Choas” would count since most people have never heard of it.

Besides, I’ve played it and yes it is gooood![/quote]

Ah, as long as you do know about it. It’s generally been my experience that the average person will look at me blankly if I talk about Ninja Gaiden.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

chronicles of riddick was amazing!

Bump,

I was just recently given an Xbox. I guess I’m about 5 years behind the rest of the world.

What are the must have games? I will probably get around 5 second hand games off ebay.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
Bump,

I was just recently given an Xbox. I guess I’m about 5 years behind the rest of the world.

What are the must have games? I will probably get around 5 second hand games off ebay.[/quote]

If you like football, pick up NFL 2K5. You can get it for less than $3.

Any of the Grand Theft Auto games will serve you well.

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic is really good.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
Bump,

What are the must have games? I will probably get around 5 second hand games off ebay.[/quote]

Halo 1 and 2

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Max Payne 1 and 2
Scarface

halo 2, it’s better online then halo 3 imo. And people still play it over live. IMO when halo 3 dies out, halo 2 will still have a huge fan base because it was much better.

edit: halo 1 had the best capmaign of the 3 games, so don’t miss out on that either.

fusion frenzy is great if you have a few other people to play with. Same idea as mario party. 'lotta gambling going on when we played.

“Twisted system” and “sumo” are the best mini games in it.

Thanks guys

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
halo 2, it’s better online then halo 3 imo. And people still play it over live. IMO when halo 3 dies out, halo 2 will still have a huge fan base because it was much better.

edit: halo 1 had the best capmaign of the 3 games, so don’t miss out on that either.[/quote]

How do you join xbox live?

Can you just use one of the kits that they sell for the 360, or do you need a different one for the original xbox?

Predator: Concrete Jungle - The controls are a bitch to get used to initially, but if you push through and take the time to master them, that game is great fun.

I’ll agree with Ninja Gaiden Black - best game on the console IMHO.

Deadly Skies - Cool flight sim (a bit arcade-like, though), especially if you use the advanced controls. There’s a bit of the “chase the pixel” problem (you don’t see enemy plane up close that often) but I had a lot of fun with that one. Once you get some of the cooler planes and fun missions (shoot down ICBMs with an F-15) you’ll be hooked.

Pirates! - Very fun and addictive game. You captain a small boat (initially) and basically raid the Carribeans. You can ally yourself with nations; plunder villages, etc. A few of the mini-games are boring (dancing anyone?), but can be avoided.

Stolen - Very cool stealth game. Most reviews mention that the combat sucks - and it does - but the point of the game is to avoid combat and do the missions undetected. Doing some of the later ones without tripping any alarms gets to be very challenging.

Check out Phantom Crash, it’s sort of like Armored Core except not ridiculously slow and impossible.

I’m a big fan of Jade Empire and Def Jam Vendetta.