XBox 360... Who's Got One?

You guys convinced me to get an xbox 360, the wait for the ps3 is just too long.

We wound up getting G.R.A.W. After dropping 500+ on the console, extra wireless contoller, and the charging packs for them - our budget could only handle 1 60 dollar game.

We looked at oblivion, but my son’s not into that RPG fantasy stuff.

Geez - 60 bucks for a vidya game.

yeah 360 rocks and battlefield is like the best ever.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
We wound up getting G.R.A.W. After dropping 500+ on the console, extra wireless contoller, and the charging packs for them - our budget could only handle 1 60 dollar game.

Geez - 60 bucks for a vidya game. [/quote]

Rainman, how old is he? You would be surprised how young one can be to enjoy such an adventure. I started playing D&D type dungeon crawls at 10 or so, possibly before that. At that time there was very little difference between a dungeon crawl RPG or a firstperson shooter like Wolfenstien or Doom. Only instead of dispatching foes with a 3oo round Chaingun, you used a broadsword and or a firball.

As far as money invested on a single game, I can see me putting 1000 hours into oblivion easy, with my first character. $.06 per hour, for a game is money well spent. I vary well may not buy another game for 360 for a year.

V

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Bought a 360 a week ago for the sole purpose of playing Oblivion. The previous game Morrowind had me addicted and I wanted this.

Complaints…

1. Clearing the cache is an issue.

2. It’s louder than anything else in my apartment, including the microwave.

3. The “cheap” version is actually more expensive than the premium package in the long run.

On the plus side, it IS the best looking video game system that has ever been seen, with the exception of some super hyped up gaming-computers.

Off-topic,

What do the Oblivion fans think about regarding the comparison to Morrowind? In many regards Oblivion blows Morrowind away. The graphics, physics and sound are unquestionably superior but I feel that there was much more freedom in Morrowind because of spells like ‘levitate’ (haven’t seen in it Oblivion yet) that allowed you to access every single part of the map. Also, the map system makes the game too easy IMO because the red-marker is always telling you where to go.

Overall I would have preferred an improved and expanded Morrowind. What do you guys think?[/quote]

I would rank morrowind my #2 favorite game of all time, while oblivion would be #1. I didnt mind the map system in oblivion, i think the only thing that morrowind had over oblivion was the spell levitate and it had more creative monsters (such as the guars and the jelly fish things)

Pofry is my gamer tag

I absolutely LOVE my 360. I currently have G.R.A.W, COD2, and Madden. I’m most likely going to buy Fight Night 3 later this week.

My gamertag is Chiefs80.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
I’m looking into buying one. A question though, what’s the deal with saving whole games to the systems harddrive? For instance, how is Microsoft getting around people just renting the games and saving them?[/quote]

It’s not set-up for that kind of thing, at least playing burned or copied games (without some kind of mod to the system). There was a hard drive in the previous XBox as well, so it should not be an issue unique to the 360.

I do find the USB ports intriguing. I was reading something on-line about how you can hook up a USB hard drive to further expand your storage beyond the 20 GB you get with the standard Microsoft one.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Geez - 60 bucks for a vidya game. [/quote]

Its a good choice, one of my favorite FPS of all-time. The multi-player room setup could use some work, but once you get into a good game it’s bunches of fun.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Rainman, how old is he? You would be surprised how young one can be to enjoy such an adventure. I started playing D&D type dungeon crawls at 10 or so, possibly before that. At that time there was very little difference between a dungeon crawl RPG or a firstperson shooter like Wolfenstien or Doom. Only instead of dispatching foes with a 3oo round Chaingun, you used a broadsword and or a firball.
V[/quote]

He’s 14, but he’s just not into the magical mystical RPG stuff. I won’t disallow any game he wants to play with the exception of the GTA stuff, and other adult themed games like them.

He just wants FPS’s kill the bad guys and break things games.

i see alot of cats are on xbox live. ive been debating about getting on board, i think i might have to.

IMO, there are some games to be avoided, ive owned quite a few and returned them thru gamestops used/return program. if any of you are even casual gamers i would recommend getting a gamestop card. It gets you an additional %10 off on purchasing used games, and gives you %10 more on the return value on the comeback. they are also always having mad sales, buy 2 get one free type shit, i forget what the fee for the membership was, but its already paid for itself easy.

so far my fav’s have been GRAW (best single player FPS campaign ever), Call of duty, and Project gotham racing, all solid games…
Condemend, Far Cry, Perfect dark, not so much…

Ouch. PS3 is coming out late AND more expensive that XBox 360…

[quote]Kuz wrote:

Ouch. PS3 is coming out late AND more expensive that XBox 360…[/quote]

Yea, they also have to models, like the Xbox 360

Ah, the XBOX 360… It taunts me every time I go to the big tech store. But here the Premium package costs something like 616 US dollars and when I think that there are still plenty of great games to play on the PS2 its lure weakens

Also the heavy integration of LIVE in most games and the system istelf seems interesting in regard to piracy. It looks like when someone finally cracks the protection it still won’t offer the whole package and, quite possibly, keep the legit user counts high

Alright, I got Battlefield yesterday…I do like the online play, but I still think Ghost Recon has a better multiplayer mode. The vehicles and whatnot are fun though.

Got one. I’m addicted as hell to Far Cry and Madden. Gamertag is: MOUNTIE53

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Alright, I got Battlefield yesterday…I do like the online play, but I still think Ghost Recon has a better multiplayer mode. The vehicles and whatnot are fun though.[/quote]

Nice! Got you on my friends list and in my Battlefield 2 clan. Now if we can only get a few more people, we can really get rollin’. Will you be on this weekend? Since it is going to be a ton of rain here in the Northeast, I will be on a ton.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Alright, I got Battlefield yesterday…I do like the online play, but I still think Ghost Recon has a better multiplayer mode. The vehicles and whatnot are fun though.

Nice! Got you on my friends list and in my Battlefield 2 clan. Now if we can only get a few more people, we can really get rollin’. Will you be on this weekend? Since it is going to be a ton of rain here in the Northeast, I will be on a ton.[/quote]

I’m going on right now, sorry about yesterday, but I came home drunk and decided to play a couple games…not quite my best effort. It’s good that the guys on your team use the mics to talk because most’ve the time its just every man for himself and you just run around doing whatever.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Kuz wrote:
slimjim wrote:

Nice! Got you on my friends list and in my Battlefield 2 clan. Now if we can only get a few more people, we can really get rollin’. Will you be on this weekend? Since it is going to be a ton of rain here in the Northeast, I will be on a ton.

I’m going on right now, sorry about yesterday, but I came home drunk and decided to play a couple games…not quite my best effort. It’s good that the guys on your team use the mics to talk because most’ve the time its just every man for himself and you just run around doing whatever.[/quote]

I’ve noticed that too. People just seem to run around like fools and not work together… but the teams that dude absolutely WIPE everyone else out. Sometimes all it takes are 3 people working together.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Chip Duglass wrote:
I’m looking into buying one. A question though, what’s the deal with saving whole games to the systems harddrive? For instance, how is Microsoft getting around people just renting the games and saving them?

It’s not set-up for that kind of thing, at least playing burned or copied games (without some kind of mod to the system). There was a hard drive in the previous XBox as well, so it should not be an issue unique to the 360.

I do find the USB ports intriguing. I was reading something on-line about how you can hook up a USB hard drive to further expand your storage beyond the 20 GB you get with the standard Microsoft one.[/quote]

It will happen soon enough. I have all my games\movies\mp3\pictures backed up and viewable on my original Xbox. Only a matter of time…

Edit: Oh by the way, what the hell is Sony thinking pricing the PS3 at $500?