XBox 360... Who's Got One?

After many fruitless months searching, I finally got my XBox 360 and it looks like most stores are finally getting them in stock on a consistent basis. So far, I have nothing but great things to say about the sucker. Graphics are top notch, the sound is excellent and the new controller has a nice feel and response to it (I have the wireless one).

Also, the XBox 360 Dashboard is very easy to use. Plus, it’s great to be able to download playable demos right to your machine to give them a try before buying.

Just curious if anyone else got one and (just as importantly) if anyone else picked up Battlefield 2: Modern Combat with it. I have been playing that game pretty much non-stop, but it’s definitely the type of game where if you have a well-coordinate team, you can drop the hammer on your opponents. Unfortunately, most people run around like yahoos and don’t bother to pay attention to objectives. Ahh well.

i got one, im addicted to the game oblivion tho. its prob the best rpg ever, the world inside is just amazing and huge and its a great game.

Ive had mine since launch, i am also addicted to oblivion.

I’ve got one, I’ll probably get Battlefield on Wednesday after my finals are over, I’m pretty partial to Ghost Recon, but I’ve put the games on hold for the week so I don’t bomb out on finals…if ya want to add me, my handle is “waimea boy”

[quote]slimjim wrote:
I’ve got one, I’ll probably get Battlefield on Wednesday after my finals are over, I’m pretty partial to Ghost Recon, but I’ve put the games on hold for the week so I don’t bomb out on finals…if ya want to add me, my handle is “waimea boy”[/quote]

I will add ya, big guy. I have tended to be very partial to the Ghost Recon games myself and I need to download the demo of G.R.A.W. to check it out. The reviews on it have been great. I am UConnKuz in case anyone wants to add me…

Got one as well since the European launch (Dec. 22nd 2005).

Top-notch system, although I’ve had a couple of issues with some games freezing on me.

I went on a buying spree and bought Need for Speed, Condemned, Kameo, Dead or Alive, and ofcourse, Oblivion.

So how good is Battlefield? Is it better than GRAW?

I’ve had one for a few months now. Definitely kicks a whole heap of asses.

I’m an Oblivion junkie as well.

had it since launch: currently playing online, BF:2 MC & G.R.A.W C.O.D. 2 hey if anybody wants to play me or w/me shoot a Request to BrwnbellyYankee.

to chirag,IMO, the campaign mode for GRAW is MUCH better than BF2 but the online sucks. when you get into a good game its hella fun but after you’ve been searching for a game for about 45 mins you dont want to play anymore. but let me stress it again, WHEN YOUR IN A GOOD GAME THIS GAME IS THE SHIT. as for BF2 i dont like the campaign but love the multi, it has a good amount of depth, and requires skillz.

i play graw quite a bit too, my gamertag is billymcbutter or billy mcbutter (not sure if there is a space or if the space even matters)

Supply is scarce up here in the middle of no where. I had a chat with the G.M. of the Best Buy in Amarillo, Texas this afternoon, and he told me that there will be 20 available for sale in the morning.

So my wife and I will make the 120 mile trip to Amarillo tomorrow to get one for my son’s junior high graduation present.

I haven’t really read the thread yet, but which is the best 360 game to get right now? I know the new Halo won’t be out for months, so I am at a loss as to which is the best game to buy right now.

He is totally in to the WWII FPS games, so I am leaning in that direction.

I got it since launch, i like it a lot, there is a big difference compair to the first x box. But unfortunately i had to send it back twice because my hard disk wasn’t saving properly my games but since then every thing is cool.

ya my 360 occasionally cant read disks, but it is worth it. i have played gun, madden 06(dont like the camera angles compared to xbox,), far cry instincts predator, and oblivion. im addicted to oblivion, this game is so amazing! i love bein a dark elf/vampire

If you are into RPGs, Oblivion.

By far.

I’m looking into buying one. A question though, what’s the deal with saving whole games to the systems harddrive? For instance, how is Microsoft getting around people just renting the games and saving them?

I got lucky and purchased one when it came out… I love call of duty and tiger woods… so you guys that have the online capabilities def give it the thumbs up? maybe i should be looking into that more…

Oblivion is awesome. My wife threatens to hide my Xbox because of it.

One word of warning. Don’t ever bump it or attempt to move it AT ALL when it is running. It scratches disks VERY easily.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Supply is scarce up here in the middle of no where. I had a chat with the G.M. of the Best Buy in Amarillo, Texas this afternoon, and he told me that there will be 20 available for sale in the morning.

So my wife and I will make the 120 mile trip to Amarillo tomorrow to get one for my son’s junior high graduation present.

I haven’t really read the thread yet, but which is the best 360 game to get right now? I know the new Halo won’t be out for months, so I am at a loss as to which is the best game to buy right now.

He is totally in to the WWII FPS games, so I am leaning in that direction.
[/quote]

I think that most people would agree with oblivion being the best game so far. But the game is huge and if you think your son might have a problem with the complexity at his age than maybe it would be a better idea to stick with GRAW or some other game.

Got one, Got oblivion. Just a few things, 16 square miles, real physics and the ragdoll effect, and seriously thousands of quests. Many of the side quests are as fulfilling or cooler than the main storyline. I have been playing for 94 hours so far and I have just completed the first part of the main quest. 100% sneak, plus chamelion = 6xs damage withought the opponents armor bonus over and over again. I feel like batman, or some other shadowy type hero.

The other day I was stalking an ogre, I came up behind him from above on a rock formation. I let loose 2 arrows before he turned around, then he turned and spotted me, I switched to my longsword and while I jumped down and closed the gap to him, I summoned a zombie to help distract him and let 2 fireballs loose on him. Then me and the zombie tag teamed him for another few well placed blows and he was down. We were battling on a slight slope and with my last blow I sent him flying backwards down the hill, limbs flailing limp. On his decent, he struck a large rock , it sent him spinning to the ground like a pile of wet towles.

This is the amount of detail the game has to offer and this was a simple encounter I had while walking through the northern woodlands. Things like this happen all the time. If you can really get into it and not think, Oh this is just a game. You can really have a lot of fun with this game. Every Character you talk to speaks out every word of diolouge, I turn my subtitles off, if I need to remember something I have a journal, but I actally listen to all the conversation in this game. It’s probably not for everyone, but if any of you have a decent imagination and have enough time to spend with this game, It is seriously the best RPG ever created.

Last night I spent a few hours retrieving an amulet for the Countess of a city in the game. Every detail of the quest was laid out perfectly for me from getting a dead soldiers journal from long long ago, to the landmarks and clues I had to decipher out of that journal. It was an epic adventure with puzzle solving and epic battles.

Ok Ok so i’m a wicked nerd, but this game is off the hook.

V

I’ve got one.

I don’t have time for a game as involved as Oblivion right now, my 6 month old son is taking up most of what used to be my free time. So, I am playing games where I can get a quick one in during a 15 minute span. I’m totally addicted to Geometry Wars from the XBOX Live Arcade. I’m also a big Fight Night Round 3 fan.

Bought a 360 a week ago for the sole purpose of playing Oblivion. The previous game Morrowind had me addicted and I wanted this.

Complaints…

1. Clearing the cache is an issue.

2. It’s louder than anything else in my apartment, including the microwave.

3. The “cheap” version is actually more expensive than the premium package in the long run.

On the plus side, it IS the best looking video game system that has ever been seen, with the exception of some super hyped up gaming-computers.

Off-topic,

What do the Oblivion fans think about regarding the comparison to Morrowind? In many regards Oblivion blows Morrowind away. The graphics, physics and sound are unquestionably superior but I feel that there was much more freedom in Morrowind because of spells like ‘levitate’ (haven’t seen in it Oblivion yet) that allowed you to access every single part of the map. Also, the map system makes the game too easy IMO because the red-marker is always telling you where to go.

Overall I would have preferred an improved and expanded Morrowind. What do you guys think?