XBox 360 Questions

There is an expansion pack out on the xbox live service for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, with new maps, missions etc. I am not a member of xbox live, however I would like to avail myself of this update. Is this possible? I know certian expansions for OG xbox were available via cd as well… any and all help is appreciate3d.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:
There is an expansion pack out on the xbox live service for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, with new maps, missions etc. I am not a member of xbox live, however I would like to avail myself of this update. Is this possible? I know certian expansions for OG xbox were available via cd as well… any and all help is appreciate3d.[/quote]

I am not seeing anything on GhostRecon.com or the XBox.com web sites on it. I guess what I am surprised about is that you didn’t get a Live subscription… any reason why not? I mean, that’s most of the fun of games like Ghost Recon or Battlefield 2.

It’s only on XBL; it costs 1200 points (about 15 US$)

[quote]Kuz wrote:
I guess what I am surprised about is that you didn’t get a Live subscription… any reason why not? I mean, that’s most of the fun of games like Ghost Recon or Battlefield 2.[/quote]

damn straight… . I dont think Id play Battlefield 2 at all if it wasnt for live. …

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
Kuz wrote:
I guess what I am surprised about is that you didn’t get a Live subscription… any reason why not? I mean, that’s most of the fun of games like Ghost Recon or Battlefield 2.

damn straight… . I dont think Id play Battlefield 2 at all if it wasnt for live. …[/quote]

I finally said fuck it shortly after my post and got on board with a gold membership. having been on the og xbox live for a short while with games like rainbow six and the og ghost recon, I have to say the new version is much smoother. Im impressed.

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
Kuz wrote:
I guess what I am surprised about is that you didn’t get a Live subscription… any reason why not? I mean, that’s most of the fun of games like Ghost Recon or Battlefield 2.

damn straight… . I dont think Id play Battlefield 2 at all if it wasnt for live. …[/quote]

+1

As of right now I also think you have to be online to get the new Recon. Also if anyone plays Oblivion the wizard tower download is the shit!!!

[quote]BiG BeN wrote:
Gl;itch.e wrote:
Kuz wrote:

damn straight… . I dont think Id play Battlefield 2 at all if it wasnt for live. …

+1

As of right now I also think you have to be online to get the new Recon. Also if anyone plays Oblivion the wizard tower download is the shit!!![/quote]

I am on Oblivion and have bought all of the extensions (except for the theme or picture pack). They are all [i]very[/i] cool and I think this will be the way a lot of gaming companies will go: creating games as best they can to get it out and then providing additional content for a price over time. I kind of like this model because it will encourage them to continue to do more work on games that people enjoy. I am still amazed at how much fun I have playing Oblivion. It has totally re-sparked my enjoyment of RPGs.