Xbox 360 or PS3?

I would recommend the 360, excellent games and live can’t be beat. A friend of mine just traded in his ps3 for a 360. Even with the reliability problems of the early systems I would still get a 360.

1. All the developers are jumping ship from PS3 cuz no one is buying it. Or get nintendo Wii. That thing is fun! I have 360 personally to get my Halo and GTA fix.

Another vote for the 360, but i am a halo fanboy… LOL…

I did just get rockband though and it is pretty fucking fun. I wail on the drums, my GF sings and my brother does the guitar. Its a blast… It is coming out on the PS3 soon though too.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Don’t forget that you have to pay for XBox online play. Sony’s is free (I think).[/quote]

Fair point.

But to put it in perspective, the cost of a 12-month subscription is the same as the purchase of 1 new game. I get exponentially more enjoyment out of Halo 2 and 3 and The Orange Box through Live, compared to purchasing an additional game.

Also, Xbox Live is currently lightyears ahead of the PS3 network in both subscribers and functionality. This may change in the future.

[quote]MISCONCEPTION wrote:
I think in the long RUN ps3 will out perform xbox 360 which I think has peaked!

but XBOX gets 1080, while ps3 is 720 pi.

what do you think?[/quote]

It takes at least 5-6 years to “peak” a console… there’s no way the 360 is peaked after 2 years.

The PS2 is almost 10 years old and the games that came out for it this year managed to still push back it’s limits… God of War II being the best example.

The latest consoles are even more complex, so my guess is that they’ll never really live long enough for a game to push them to their limits. The next upgrade cycle will happen first.

As for the Wii, I’d suggest you try one out before buying one. I spent a day at a friend’s house and they have a Wii and after a few hours, we ended up playing games on his PS2. My kids loved the Wii though.

[quote]pookie wrote:
MISCONCEPTION wrote:
I think in the long RUN ps3 will out perform xbox 360 which I think has peaked!

what do you think?

It takes at least 5-6 years to “peak” a console… there’s no way the 360 is peaked after 2 years.

The PS2 is almost 10 years old and the games that came out for it this year managed to still push back it’s limits… God of War II being the best example.

The latest consoles are even more complex, so my guess is that they’ll never really live long enough for a game to push them to their limits. The next upgrade cycle will happen first.

As for the Wii, I’d suggest you try one out before buying one. I spent a day at a friend’s house and they have a Wii and after a few hours, we ended up playing games on his PS2. My kids loved the Wii though.
[/quote]

I always had a soft spot for Zelda and Mario since my first system was NES, then eventually got 64. Even though I have 360, I still have that need to play zelda and mario still in the back of my head. But I hate the idea of having two consoles. Especially when they become “dated” every 5 years or so.

I read a rumor somewhere that the price of an xbox 360 core is gonna drop to $200. Not sure when, probably a few months after christmas when demand drops, but that’s what I’m holding out for.

I’ve always been a playstation fan but 4-6 hundred bucks for video games is bullshit, and I don’t care about all that blu-ray, dvd, cd, online extra crap. I wish they both would offer an inexpensive stripped down unit for people who just wanna GAME!

I will miss metal gear solid 4 though :frowning:

Well im made the decision to get a ps3, and couldn’t be happier. The blue ray is awesome to have, as is the dvd upscaler. COD4 is badass!

[quote]MISCONCEPTION wrote:
what do you guys think? PS3 or xbox 360 now?
considering the new 40 g ps3 for 399 its more of a fair comparison.

I just got a HD tv and want the full gaming experience! THe idea of blue RAY is nice as well as wireless internet is a plus. I think in the long RUN ps3 will out perform xbox 360 which I think has peaked!

what do you think?[/quote]

well right now 360 has far better games and online service but if you want blue ray and are willing to wait ps3 games will catch up … i love my 360 but if you buy one get the halo edition because they did a better job at protecting the cpu from heat so your less likely to get " the red ring of death "