T Nation

Xbox 360 Hard Drive Upgrade

Now I know I’m jumping on the gaming bandwagon late however our store has a great deal going with the xbox 360(well seems great too me cause now its finally cheap enough that I can justify the purchase) however my main concern is can i upgrade the hard drive on it later?

I’m not sure what size hard drive it comes with but say it comes with a 20 gig, can i go out and buy a 120 gig hard drive and put it in with relative ease?

fyi the pack is you get 3 games(halo 3 being one, I haven’t played halo but heard enough about it too be interested too see the hype, and I enjoy shooting games) the console for $379, in Australia the consoles sell for about $350 by themselves so for an extra $29 I get 3 games, one being one that I’m interested in

The hard drive is a separate piece that detaches very easily. Buying a bigger one won’t be a problem. Enjoy

Keep your fingers crossed that you don’t get the red rings of death…

Don’t worry about the hard drive - you can add it on as mentioned.

I felt a bit cheated after buying the Elite and finding out I couldn’t copy games or movies to it - so much for a 120gb hard drive.

Anyway, I would get myself a 20gb max and you can stream movies/music from your pc over wireless or a cable.

Also note, the wireless adapter comes separately.

Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

Vegas 2 here, just got XBOX live 3 days ago.

I play call of Duty and I just got NCAA Football so if anyone’s looking for an asswhooping hit me up.

Holy Mother F’n crap. I don’t have Xbox live or a 360 at the moment, but I’ll be playing you guys withing 40 days. I’m aching to T-bag someone in Halo and Vegas. No real T-bagging in CoD4.

But I will put a claymore at the top of that ladder or stairwell for your ass.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?[/quote]

COD4 is a great game, but the best by far is Gears Of War, can’t wait for the sequel to come out in Nov.

A good investment for your x box would be the extra cooling fan that clips onto the back of the console.

[quote]aussie486 wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

COD4 is a great game, but the best by far is Gears Of War, can’t wait for the sequel to come out in Nov.

A good investment for your x box would be the extra cooling fan that clips onto the back of the console.

[/quote]

I just don’t like gears of war. Co-op for the first time is amazing, but I didn’t care once we beat the game. But I’ll probably get if for variety. I’m looking forward to kicking all of your asses in these games. All the shit talking I do on T-Nation is amplified by a thousand when I play 360.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
aussie486 wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

COD4 is a great game, but the best by far is Gears Of War, can’t wait for the sequel to come out in Nov.

A good investment for your x box would be the extra cooling fan that clips onto the back of the console.

I just don’t like gears of war. Co-op for the first time is amazing, but I didn’t care once we beat the game. But I’ll probably get if for variety. I’m looking forward to kicking all of your asses in these games. All the shit talking I do on T-Nation is amplified by a thousand when I play 360.[/quote]

You must be a nightmare.

I currently have PGR 4, Skate, Vegas 2, GTA4 & Assassins Creed. So whenever ya’ll are ready…

I just got done with GTA:IV I was going to start the Orange Box (Half life 2, Portal, ect…) but I got the dreaded Red Rings of Death. I am now in game limbo with Only my dreamcast to hold me down. It’s gonna be a tough couple of weeks.

[quote]rsg wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
aussie486 wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

COD4 is a great game, but the best by far is Gears Of War, can’t wait for the sequel to come out in Nov.

A good investment for your x box would be the extra cooling fan that clips onto the back of the console.

I just don’t like gears of war. Co-op for the first time is amazing, but I didn’t care once we beat the game. But I’ll probably get if for variety. I’m looking forward to kicking all of your asses in these games. All the shit talking I do on T-Nation is amplified by a thousand when I play 360.

You must be a nightmare.

I currently have PGR 4, Skate, Vegas 2, GTA4 & Assassins Creed. So whenever ya’ll are ready…[/quote]

What I lack in skills, I make up for in shit talking. And if you didn’t I was black now, you’ll know when we get online.

MD Geist86 (Gamertag…hopefully no one stole while i was away)

COD4, Civilization Revolution, GTA: IV, and Battlefield Bad Company and Soul Calibur IV, when I get some more money.

Haven’t really been on the fighting games in a long time but Soul Calibur IV looks really promising. They need to release another Marvel vs. Capcom.

[quote]En Sabah Nur wrote:
COD4, Civilization Revolution, GTA: IV, and Battlefield Bad Company and Soul Calibur IV, when I get some more money.

Haven’t really been on the fighting games in a long time but Soul Calibur IV looks really promising. They need to release another Marvel vs. Capcom.[/quote]

I wish. Marvel are so damn stingy with their characters. I’d love to do a super combo using Omega Red, Thor, and Guile.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
rsg wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
aussie486 wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

COD4 is a great game, but the best by far is Gears Of War, can’t wait for the sequel to come out in Nov.

A good investment for your x box would be the extra cooling fan that clips onto the back of the console.

I just don’t like gears of war. Co-op for the first time is amazing, but I didn’t care once we beat the game. But I’ll probably get if for variety. I’m looking forward to kicking all of your asses in these games. All the shit talking I do on T-Nation is amplified by a thousand when I play 360.

You must be a nightmare.

I currently have PGR 4, Skate, Vegas 2, GTA4 & Assassins Creed. So whenever ya’ll are ready…

What I lack in skills, I make up for in shit talking. And if you didn’t I was black now, you’ll know when we get online.

MD Geist86 (Gamertag…hopefully no one stole while i was away)[/quote]

I hope to have my 360 back when Madden comes out. I will rule all in Madden, I am to be referred to as HOSANNAH!! The Giants of NY are a Juggernaut after their namesake when I am controlling them. My gamer tag is P00TIE TANG 22 face me if you dare!

I am also good in Halo and COD4.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
rsg wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
aussie486 wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

COD4 is a great game, but the best by far is Gears Of War, can’t wait for the sequel to come out in Nov.

A good investment for your x box would be the extra cooling fan that clips onto the back of the console.

I just don’t like gears of war. Co-op for the first time is amazing, but I didn’t care once we beat the game. But I’ll probably get if for variety. I’m looking forward to kicking all of your asses in these games. All the shit talking I do on T-Nation is amplified by a thousand when I play 360.

You must be a nightmare.

I currently have PGR 4, Skate, Vegas 2, GTA4 & Assassins Creed. So whenever ya’ll are ready…

What I lack in skills, I make up for in shit talking. And if you didn’t I was black now, you’ll know when we get online.

MD Geist86 (Gamertag…hopefully no one stole while i was away)

I hope to have my 360 back when Madden comes out. I will rule all in Madden, I am to be referred to as HOSANNAH!! The Giants of NY are a Juggernaut after their namesake when I am controlling them. My gamer tag is P00TIE TANG 22 face me if you dare!

I am also good in Halo and COD4.
[/quote]

I used to play Madden. But Madden can get violent sometimes. Feelings get hurt. Especially mine. Oh yeah, I’ll be seeing you in Halo, Pootie.

WolBarret=Blue
Pootie=Red

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
rsg wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
aussie486 wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It sounds like we have a 360 club here. I’ve been out of the game since January, but I will soon return. Who here plays Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas?

COD4 is a great game, but the best by far is Gears Of War, can’t wait for the sequel to come out in Nov.

A good investment for your x box would be the extra cooling fan that clips onto the back of the console.

I just don’t like gears of war. Co-op for the first time is amazing, but I didn’t care once we beat the game. But I’ll probably get if for variety. I’m looking forward to kicking all of your asses in these games. All the shit talking I do on T-Nation is amplified by a thousand when I play 360.

You must be a nightmare.

I currently have PGR 4, Skate, Vegas 2, GTA4 & Assassins Creed. So whenever ya’ll are ready…

What I lack in skills, I make up for in shit talking. And if you didn’t I was black now, you’ll know when we get online.

MD Geist86 (Gamertag…hopefully no one stole while i was away)

I hope to have my 360 back when Madden comes out. I will rule all in Madden, I am to be referred to as HOSANNAH!! The Giants of NY are a Juggernaut after their namesake when I am controlling them. My gamer tag is P00TIE TANG 22 face me if you dare!

I am also good in Halo and COD4.

I used to play Madden. But Madden can get violent sometimes. Feelings get hurt. Especially mine. Oh yeah, I’ll be seeing you in Halo, Pootie.

WolBarret=Blue
Pootie=Red[/quote]

I’m your Huckleberry. Your gonna have to come harder than that piece of shit assault rifle though.

Hold on… people are honestly talking shit about Halo? Gamertags, please…

This shit is getting serious.

Anyone try putting a mod chip in their 360? Some controllers/cords got stolen during a move, so I have just been playing my PS3. Probably won’t invest in new 360 accessories unless I get a mod chip.