X-Vest

I have to say that I usually try to refrain from this kind of talk, but…yeah I know that “protection in the weight room guy”.
He’s the guy opposed to anything new b/c it’s, well, NEW!! “Why, we could never possibly utilize such a piece of equipment here” is the first thing out of his mouth when you know that he doesn’t have a clue what you’re even talking about.

He’s the guy that gives advice to all the women in your gym, but for some odd reason doesn’t feel so welcome around the other guys.

He’s the guy trying to bench five times what he can handle and he’ll be sure to tell you what you’re doing wrong.

He’s the same guy screaming while he squats four inches short of parallel, right.

In fact, I think he’s that same guy who comes into the gym and buddies up with the gym owner and then tells him what he, whoops…I mean what everyone else wants. You know that guy don’t ya, the guy who says we don’t need another squat rack, but what we do need is a fourteenth bench in this room!! He’s probably right…he always knows best.

Yes, I’m positive I know that guy and his mentality makes the weight room a “dangerous place” for those of us with a working brain!!
Thanks,
Worker

[quote]greens+ wrote:
I have owned the 40 pounder for about 2 months now. I started at 5% of my weight(10 pounds) and I am now at 16lbs. I do not beleive the 84pounder is worth it. I find the 40 to be very comfortable and functional. I use it in my current training at the gym and when I go for walks or inline skating.

Just be ready to hear these questions alot.

Are you a police officer? or What is wrong with your back? And for all those guys that think they are funny. Is it dangerous in the Weight room, why do you need protection?[/quote]

Exactly right. Thank goodness for this site and forum to keep us sane.

If you buy the 40lb vest from www.treadmillcentral.com they include shipping. Cost is $179.99

They carry the other sizes as well.

[quote]Hot AZ wrote:
If you buy the 40lb vest from www.treadmillcentral.com they include shipping. Cost is $179.99

They carry the other sizes as well.
[/quote]

That’s a good deal. For about $10 more, you can get the same thing from Coach Davies site AND the Ultimate DVD collection is included. Pretty cool.

Does Coach Davies site include shipping or is it extra?

Just tried to order on Coach Davies site. The “special” price does not come up. The 40lb is $199.95 plus $20 shipping totaling $219.95.

I spoke to them yesterday and you have to put in for the 20lb and in the notes ask for the 40lb instead. The cost is $169 plus $20 shiping for everything.

Coach D’s site says in the spring specials area to order the 20-lber and they will upgrade you to the 40-lber, plus send the Ultimate DVD set. I have both the X-vest and the DVD’s - this is one great deal.

[quote]Hot AZ wrote:
Just tried to order on Coach Davies site. The “special” price does not come up. The 40lb is $199.95 plus $20 shipping totaling $219.95. [/quote]

As it says on the link I provided earlier…

Offer #3
Get the 40lb Xvest for the price of the 20lb! How? Just buy the 20lb model and well pay for the upgrade to the 40lb free and on top of that ship you the entire Ultimate DVD series free!

Therefore… The 20lb model is $169.95, and after you add it to your cart and continue to checkout another $20 is added for shipping & handling. Making the total package (40lb. vest and the entire Ultimate DVD series) $189.95.

Make sense?

The DVD series, and the fact that you’d be giving your business to an AWESOME contributor here, is worth the $10 difference (IMHO).

Thanks for the info and thank you to Coach Davies for sending me the link as well.

[quote]jackzepplin wrote:
The DVD series, and the fact that you’d be giving your business to an AWESOME contributor here, is worth the $10 difference (IMHO).[/quote]

JZ,

i agree. that looks like one hell of a deal. what size are you ordering? it appears that i am about the exact same size @ 6’2" and 225#s, although, from looking at your pics, i am obviously MUCH better looking :wink: (cute kid though) i am leaning toward the large. my waist runs in the 32-35 range, and i’m kind of barrelly, if that’s a word.

oh, and i’m a jo co prodigy myself. but i couldn’t deal with all of the good looking girls, incredible BBQ, and reasonable cost of living, so i moved to cali. where do you train there?

BFG

[quote]BFG wrote:
jackzepplin wrote:
The DVD series, and the fact that you’d be giving your business to an AWESOME contributor here, is worth the $10 difference (IMHO).

JZ,

i agree. that looks like one hell of a deal. what size are you ordering? it appears that i am about the exact same size @ 6’2" and 225#s, although, from looking at your pics, i am obviously MUCH better looking :wink: (cute kid though) i am leaning toward the large. my waist runs in the 32-35 range, and i’m kind of barrelly, if that’s a word.

oh, and i’m a jo co prodigy myself. but i couldn’t deal with all of the good looking girls, incredible BBQ, and reasonable cost of living, so i moved to cali. where do you train there?

BFG[/quote]

Xvest Medium fits Waist sizes 30" - 36"
Xvest Large fits Waist sizes 34" - 40"

Now, given that I wear a very loose 36" waste in my jeans (saggin’), I think that either a Medium or Large. I haven’t ordered yet. I think I’ll do a tape measure tonight to get a true measurement. I do not want it to be loose fitting, so I was leaning to the Medium. I’m carrying more fat right now and will cut down over the next few months with Harvest and other hard work.

However, I’m still probabably around a true 34" when I’m lean (below 10% bf). I guess you could say that I’m barrely too? I’m thick in my mid section. The years of heavy lifting seems to have thickened my mid section alot. You can seem my abs fine, but I’m still very thick through my trunk.

Lived in KS my whole life, but grew up out in Southwest KS. Think smaller than Smallville (pop. 350). I moved to JoCo about 8 years ago and love it. Good people here in the ol’ KC metro. Married me a MO girl though. She’s a little hotty without the JoCo snobby attitude. I’ve considered moving to SD to be close to the “action”, but I think I’ll sit tight and enjoy the slower pace of life.

Finally, BALD IS BEAUTIFUL. That’s what momma says anyway…

[/quote]

yeah i saw that … but it is a VEST, not a freaking belt. i hate sh!t that is too tight in the upper torso.

how about if you order yours and then tell me how it fits! great! thanks!

BFG

[quote]BFG wrote:

BFG[/quote]

You got it man!

~ J

JackZep and BFG,

If it helps, I’m 6’2" and about 230 lbs (in between a 38-36 pants depending on the brand). I bought the ‘large’ and found it to be a good fit.

The x-vest has elastic velcro which attaches to the front from the back which helps the fit be as snug as you want it to be.

JackZep - If you haven’t yet, buy the Headblade. You won’t be sorry!

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
JackZep and BFG,

If it helps, I’m 6’2" and about 230 lbs (in between a 38-36 pants depending on the brand). I bought the ‘large’ and found it to be a good fit.

The x-vest has elastic velcro which attaches to the front from the back which helps the fit be as snug as you want it to be.

JackZep - If you haven’t yet, buy the Headblade. You won’t be sorry![/quote]

I haven’t gone clean yet. I just use the clippers with no guard.

Ordered the Large today. Can’t wait to get my arse kicked with an extra 40# on me!

~ later…

You want the X-vest tight. Tight enough to make breathing part if the exercise. It is quite an amazing tool actually. I wear mine on leisurely walks with the family and mowing the yard.

Also, I concur on the HeadBlade, it does rock, but in order to keep my side burns like my wife likes I’ve went back to just using the clippers. :slight_smile:

[quote]BFG wrote:
jackzepplin wrote:

yeah i saw that … but it is a VEST, not a freaking belt. i hate sh!t that is too tight in the upper torso.

BFG[/quote]

I went with the large, and it fits great. It’s very adjustable and fits nice and snug around my abdomen.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this thing. So far, I’ve mowed my lawn (starting out with just 20# instead of 40#) and got an awesome workout. One thing I’d like to point out is the great fit. In mowing my 10,000 sq. ft. lawn, I usually finish with a good deal of back pain from hunching over my mower. Even when I “try” to keep my posture, I end up slumping. The Xvest has helped me maintain my posture and I had NO back pain after I was finished mowing. So, I would conclude that the Xvest aids in keeping neutral alignment and assists in supporting your back. What a great addition to it’s other, more obvious, benefits!

Since then, I’ve used it on my cross-trainer and for my leg workout last night. Again, the xvest seemed to help me maintain my posture better than usual.

At just 20 pounds, I have had some incredible workouts and really enjoy this vest a lot. If it’s not raining, I’m going to slap another 20#s in it and take my kids for a walk tonight around the neighborhood. I’ll probably take them to the playground and get physical on the equipment chasing my daughter around. Fun, fun!

BFG wrote:
jackzepplin wrote:

BFG

I went with the large, and it fits great. It’s very adjustable and fits nice and snug around my abdomen.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this thing. So far, I’ve mowed my lawn (starting out with just 20# instead of 40#) and got an awesome workout. One thing I’d like to point out is the great fit. In mowing my 10,000 sq. ft. lawn, I usually finish with a good deal of back pain from hunching over my mower. Even when I “try” to keep my posture, I end up slumping. The Xvest has helped me maintain my posture and I had NO back pain after I was finished mowing. So, I would conclude that the Xvest aids in keeping neutral alignment and assists in supporting your back. What a great addition to it’s other, more obvious, benefits!

Since then, I’ve used it on my cross-trainer and for my leg workout last night. Again, the xvest seemed to help me maintain my posture better than usual.

At just 20 pounds, I have had some incredible workouts and really enjoy this vest a lot. If it’s not raining, I’m going to slap another 20#s in it and take my kids for a walk tonight around the neighborhood. I’ll probably take them to the playground and get physical on the equipment chasing my daughter around. Fun, fun![/quote]

jackzepplin, glad to hear the vest is working out. So you think the waist descritions match up to the sizing pretty well? Also, you didn’t have any trouble getting the 40 lbs when you ordered the 20 lbs vest? Thanks.
~daw

[quote]warnerd wrote:
jackzepplin, glad to hear the vest is working out. So you think the waist descritions match up to the sizing pretty well? Also, you didn’t have any trouble getting the 40 lbs when you ordered the 20 lbs vest? Thanks.
~daw[/quote]

I think it’s appropriate. Measure your waste about one inch below your belly button and the fit should be right. I’m a loose 36" in my pants (shorts and jeans) and close to 38" just below my belly button, so I went with the Large and had a great fit.

As for any issues with the 20 pound upgrade, I’m not sure how long that deal is going to be available. You should probably check that offers page that was listed earlier in the thread.

~J