X-Men: Evolution Seasons 1-3 on YouTube

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Anything that involves Wolverine being the leader of the X-Men is stupid… Secondly the animation is so F*%ked on Wolverine and the X-men… Look at Wolverines legs… WTF. His arms? Hello Mr. high bodyfat, top heavy asshole.
No I’m sorry, Wolverine and the X-Men is absolute shit… They’re riding on his popularity.

To me it really does seem like a really crappy series mostly for little kids… I can enjoy TAS and Evolution regardless of not being a kid.

X2!

Fuck the new series. It isn’t “Wolverine AND the X-men” Its the X-men. A team. And the leader of the team when they go into the field is always Cyclops! And the headmaster in charge of everything else, Professor X.

Wolverine is just a renegade who tags along, smokes a cigar, and makes smart ass remarks.

Fuck that show, Fuck Wolverine, and Fuck Marvel for allowing this shit.

Well, I have watched them all and I agree that they are riding on his popularity, but they made the story relevant by allowing Xavier to be blasted into unconsciousness (a coma) that he won’t wake from for 20 years. Xavier can still communicate with Wolverine or other telapaths from the future after he wakes up. The damage to the world 20 years in the future is now what they fight against…but the X-Men broke up after Xavier was coma-lized so Wolverine starts working to get the team back together…thus the name.

I wouldn’t think of it as removing the “X-Men” as a group…however, when Wolverine was first created, he was not an X-man. He was created to be an adversary to The Hulk initially (info attained from watching the dvd extras on the Wolverine Origins movie).

Evolutions is a good show even though they spent way too much time allowing these kids to…remain kids. They should have started that show when they were all about to graduate from high school.

on the 90’s version, while many fans say it was one of the best, that show sucks now. If you have watched it lately, the animation was possibly the worst EVER…and I mean in just about any cartoon I can think of. The story lines were also pretty flat even though it did stick to the comic book format closely.

Thank you!

…now if only the X-Men fanboys I deal with on a daily basis can understand that view is another question.[/quote]

I’d much rather deal with X-men fanboys than Wolverine fanboys.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
… Secondly the animation is so F*%ked on Wolverine and the X-men… Look at Wolverines legs… WTF. His arms? Hello Mr. high bodyfat, top heavy asshole.
[/quote]

I take it you’re not a Hellboy fan.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Anything that involves Wolverine being the leader of the X-Men is stupid… Secondly the animation is so F*%ked on Wolverine and the X-men… Look at Wolverines legs… WTF. His arms? Hello Mr. high bodyfat, top heavy asshole.
No I’m sorry, Wolverine and the X-Men is absolute shit… They’re riding on his popularity.

To me it really does seem like a really crappy series mostly for little kids… I can enjoy TAS and Evolution regardless of not being a kid.

X2!

Fuck the new series. It isn’t “Wolverine AND the X-men” Its the X-men. A team. And the leader of the team when they go into the field is always Cyclops! And the headmaster in charge of everything else, Professor X.

Wolverine is just a renegade who tags along, smokes a cigar, and makes smart ass remarks.

Well, I have watched them all and I agree that they are riding on his popularity, but they made the story relevant by allowing Xavier to be blasted into unconsciousness (a coma) that he won’t wake from for 20 years. Xavier can still communicate with Wolverine or other telapaths from the future after he wakes up. The damage to the world 20 years in the future is now what they fight against…but the X-Men broke up after Xavier was coma-lized so Wolverine starts working to get the team back together…thus the name.

I wouldn’t think of it as removing the “X-Men” as a group…however, when Wolverine was first created, he was not an X-man. He was created to be an adversary to The Hulk initially (info attained from watching the dvd extras on the Wolverine Origins movie).

Evolutions is a good show even though they spent way too much time allowing these kids to…remain kids. They should have started that show when they were all about to graduate from high school.

on the 90’s version, while many fans say it was one of the best, that show sucks now. If you have watched it lately, the animation was possibly the worst EVER…and I mean in just about any cartoon I can think of. The story lines were also pretty flat even though it did stick to the comic book format closely.[/quote]

Just to add to the Prof’s explanation on the new series, Cyclops can’t lead because he’s in depression over Jean disappearing in the same explosion that knocked Prof X (the bald one…uhh, the one in the wheel chair). Cyclops only “rejoins” if you can call it that because X (wheelchair one again) can communicate from the future, he has no interest in helping Wolverine.

Without even trying I’ve seen almost the entire first season just because my kids are watching it.

I surprised a show with the word “Evolution” was allowed in the USA. I would have imagined it to be too “controversial”.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I surprised a show with the word “Evolution” was allowed in the USA. I would have imagined it to be too “controversial”.[/quote]

Oh snap! Take that America!

[quote]matko5 wrote:
I didn’t like it. Wolverine and the X-men is much better.[/quote]

Yep, I prefer that and the first X Men cartoon in the mid nineties. A young non German Kurt Wagner? Come one. This version blows. I bought X Men 94 from the newsstands and read it for years. The other two are much closer to the original version. And the animation on this version is pretty crappy and little kid like IMO.

WolBarret wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:

X2!

on the 90’s version, while many fans say it was one of the best, that show sucks now. If you have watched it lately, the animation was possibly the worst EVER…and I mean in just about any cartoon I can think of. The story lines were also pretty flat even though it did stick to the comic book format closely.[/quote]

True, but do you realize how funny it sounds when people say info gleaned froma dvd when us older guys bought the comic book on the newsstand as I said? Not being a smart ass, just hink it’s funny.

You guys need to give Evolution a chance, Yes the first season was on the kiddie side but, the following seasons got pretty dark very quickly. They dealt with Rouge’s past and her involvement with Mystique, Nightcrawler finding out that Mystique was his mom. Cyclops and his brother coming to terms with their powers. The looming threat of Apocalypse’s return. Rouge actually did some drastic shit to Mystique in order to get her Revenge. The Series Finally was one of the best fights i’ve seen with Apocalypse and his “new horsemen”. Watch it on Hulu. I think the entire series is on there.

As for Wolverine and the X-men you guys are really missing out on some solid storytelling and great action. They have a much more comprehensive story line then that of Xmen: TAS. Its not a wolverine orgy like you would think its going to be. It actually focuses alot on Magneto, and Genosha. Also the White Queen. The final episode actually made my jaw drop at a certain scene. Stop being elitists and give it a try. I dare anyone to watch the Archangel story arc and not be impressed with this show.

While im at it. If you guys aren’t Watching the Spectacular Spider-man kill yourselves, because that is THE BEST rendition of the Spiderman mythos ever to be on film or TV. I say that with out hyperbole.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
You guys need to give Evolution a chance, Yes the first season was on the kiddie side but, the following seasons got pretty dark very quickly. They dealt with Rouge’s past and her involvement with Mystique, Nightcrawler finding out that Mystique was his mom. Cyclops and his brother coming to terms with their powers. The looming threat of Apocalypse’s return. Rouge actually did some drastic shit to Mystique in order to get her Revenge. The Series Finally was one of the best fights i’ve seen with Apocalypse and his “new horsemen”. Watch it on Hulu. I think the entire series is on there.

As for Wolverine and the X-men you guys are really missing out on some solid storytelling and great action. They have a much more comprehensive story line then that of Xmen: TAS. Its not a wolverine orgy like you would think its going to be. It actually focuses alot on Magneto, and Genosha. Also the White Queen. The final episode actually made my jaw drop at a certain scene. Stop being elitists and give it a try. I dare anyone to watch the Archangel story arc and not be impressed with this show.

While im at it. If you guys aren’t Watching the Spectacular Spider-man kill yourselves, because that is THE BEST rendition of the Spiderman mythos ever to be on film or TV. I say that with out hyperbole. [/quote]

I respect your opinion and I will give #%@$^%$^ and the X-men a try.

And I saw two episodes of Spectacular Spider-Man. Great fucking show. Just great. The art work turned me off at first, but once he was flipping in that Spidey costume, it kicked ass.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:

While im at it. If you guys aren’t Watching the Spectacular Spider-man kill yourselves, because that is THE BEST rendition of the Spiderman mythos ever to be on film or TV. I say that with out hyperbole.

I respect your opinion and I will give #%@$^%$^ and the X-men a try.

And I saw two episodes of Spectacular Spider-Man. Great fucking show. Just great. The art work turned me off at first, but once he was flipping in that Spidey costume, it kicked ass.[/quote]

Thats the same thing that happened to me, I saw a clip of it and thought god this looks horrible its going to suck ass. Until I stumbled upon it one morning while I was nursing a hangover and saw how fluid the animation is. Especially during the fight scenes. Best version of Spidey ever!

Incidentally, I didn’t initiall realize Seasons 2 and 3 are there as well (in related videos).

I’ve never seen these at all so I’m getting my first impression. Saw the 1st 3 episodes last night and I liked them. They’re just assembling the team so far.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Incidentally, I didn’t initiall realize Seasons 2 and 3 are there as well (in related videos).

I’ve never seen these at all so I’m getting my first impression. Saw the 1st 3 episodes last night and I liked them. They’re just assembling the team so far.[/quote]

Which series are you talking about?

SteelyD wrote:

I’ve never seen these at all so I’m getting my first impression. Saw the 1st 3 episodes last night and I liked them. They’re just assembling the team so far.

[/quote]

Evolution (from 90’s), as in the original post-- Seasons 1-3.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

Oh damn dude your missing out if you didn’t catch the 2nd and 3rd season. That is when the show hit its stride.

While im at it. If you guys aren’t Watching the Spectacular Spider-man kill yourselves, because that is THE BEST rendition of the Spiderman mythos ever to be on film or TV. I say that with out hyperbole. [/quote]

This is truth…and Spectacular Spiderman may just be the best animated version of him yet created as far as story telling. They could do better with the art work in my opinion, but they make up for it by actually getting into these characters more. The Venom episodes really got into his head and the episode where he used his belief in family and those close to him to finally beat the thing in his head was pretty powerful.

Those of you bitching about Wolverine are missing out on some good shows.

SteelyD wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

Oh damn dude your missing out if you didn’t catch the 2nd and 3rd season. That is when the show hit its stride.
[/quote]

Agreed again. First season was for kids (if we are talking about the same one). After that though, they made up for the kiddie shit.

Pootie Tang wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

Agreed again. First season was for kids (if we are talking about the same one). After that though, they made up for the kiddie shit.[/quote]

It’s funny you word it like that, my daughter is loving them so far.

So I watched all of season 2 in 2 days!

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
[/quote]

Damn!! I’m guessing you liked the show then.

Fuzzyapple wrote:

Damn!! I’m guessing you liked the show then.[/quote]

I used to watch it all the time back in the day lol. I remember some of the parts to and missed some episodes back in the day. But I work at a gym where I sit at a desk of 6-8 hours so it passes the time by :wink: