X-Men 3

[quote]hankr wrote:
Great lines, - and they even included one of my favorite internet memes:

“Don’t you know who I am? I’m the juggernaut, bitch!”

Too fucking funny. Every guy under 30 in the theater cracked up.[/quote]

I was going to get on here and post something about that yesterday as soon as I got done seeing the movie but I forgot. All I could think about was that video that I saw here.

I had showed that video to my friend that I went to see the movie with, and I think he and I were the only ones in the whole theatre who laughed so hard because of the reference. I don’t think anybody else got it.

As for the movie itself, I thought it was great. Very well done. And I like that they didn’t completely write off the notion of a sequel or spin-off…

[quote]CC wrote:
hankr wrote:

Too fucking funny. Every guy under 30 in the theater cracked up.

I was going to get on here and post something about that yesterday as soon as I got done seeing the movie but I forgot. All I could think about was that video that I saw here.

I had showed that video to my friend that I went to see the movie with, and I think he and I were the only ones in the whole theatre who laughed so hard because of the reference. I don’t think anybody else got it.

As for the movie itself, I thought it was great. Very well done. And I like that they didn’t completely write off the notion of a sequel or spin-off…
[/quote]

Wow, they actually put that shit in the movie? I’m definitely going to see it now.

Hardly anybody who doesn’t spend a significant time on the internet catches those types of “allusions.”

That’s just like the “Peanut Butter Jelly-Time” on Family Guy. Everyone I know laughed their ass off but very few actually knew where it came from…

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:

1. why was there a sent at the beginning? they werent even around yet.
  2. why was the phoenix an alter ego of jean?
  3. why didnt colossus have a russian accent?
  4. why did juggs fall when he went near the kid that zapped mutant powers,… juggs isnt a mutant.
  5. why didnt juggs recognize his half brother?

besides these and MANY more it was a ok movie, nothing worth 10 bucks.

oh yeah, they are planning a fourth one, and the wolverine prequel.[/quote]

1. No idea what your asking.
  2. B/c Pheonix WAS the alter ego of Jean in the comics. She got radiation mutation from a space flight, and it spawned Pheonix (though technically in a different body, Pheonix forced her to fuse).
  3. Yep, they f’d that up. Pissed me off too.
  4. Juggs ran into a wall. Der. His mutant power is being “unstoppable”.
  5. Also, a big f up. I was dissapointed with this too.

Overall though, the movie was pretty good. I loved the whole irony of Magneto being a holocaust Jew, but in the process of “protecting” what he see’s to be the new jews of the next holocaust (IE: Mutants), he becoimes almost a Hitler figure, promising the mutants that they are superior to normal humans.

Anyone care to detail the ending credits clip?

My group and I headed out like 30 seconds before it started playing.

[quote]4. Juggs ran into a wall. Der. His mutant power is being “unstoppable”.
[/quote]

If my memory serves correctly, Juggs never was a true mutant. He found his helmet which was susposed to have a crystal in it that granted him these amazing powers.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Anyone care to detail the ending credits clip?

My group and I headed out like 30 seconds before it started playing.[/quote]

SPOILER

It goes back to the brain dead guy and the doctor from earlier in the movie when Prof. X was teaching the class about ethics and it showed the brain dead man in the bed and the doctor talking about the ethics behind putting somebody else’s mind with a failing body into this body.

The doctor is checking on the vitals and you see the guys hand move and in Prof. X’s voice say “Muyra” and the doctor turns to the man and asks if it is really Prof. X. Then it just ends. Quick 3-45 second clip, but gave a good insight on what they could possibly do if they do decide to do X4 (ive read that there is no definately that this will be the last movie) or what they could do with possible spinoffs.

During the begining of the whole Dark Pheonix saga, right before going to outter space and everything, there was a story line involving Muyra (not sure of the spelling) and Prof X and being former lovers and they both ended up going into space to do the whole battle with X-Men. It was all tied into that. My memory is a bit rusty on the exact plot line, but I remember it being something close to that. If somebody remembers the plot line in better detail please share.

[quote]LevelHeaded wrote:

As a movie, I definately liked it, but didn’t really care for how much they drifted from the original plot line of the X-Men comics. [/quote]

Spoken like a true nerd

Firstly, may I suggest an edit to the thread warning against possible spoilers in the title.

SPOILER ALERT

I, overall, truthfully didn’t like the movie. I feel the it would have served a much stronger story had Phoenix been the main threat and Magneto teamed up with all the X-Men to defeat her.

Also, I feel the death of Cyclops served no real purpose to the story, and Xavier’s death was wholly uneffective.

Onto the nerdery–Wolverine was the true Wolvie very briefly (such as when he was in the woods), and most of the time became a Wolverine mixed with Cyclops type of character (in personality). Stupid.

Grammer as Beast was fantastic–he did a great job. And Beast’s fighting was some of the coolest action parts of the movie.

Juggernaut was the most poorly done comic character since perhaps Bane in the Batman and Robin film.
Looked terrible, was a completely flat character, basically just filled the Sabertooth part from the first film. (On a side note, disappointing that Sabertooth NEVER appeared again in the series). And Juggernaut is not a mutant, Cain Marko’s powers come from the Ruby of Cyttorak (spelling?). He is also extremely fucking powerful.

X2 was the highlight of the series.

That’s all I got for now.

The Boomster

[quote]MattFarlick wrote:
LevelHeaded wrote:

As a movie, I definately liked it, but didn’t really care for how much they drifted from the original plot line of the X-Men comics.

Spoken like a true nerd

[/quote]

A proud comic book nerd at that. Didn’t fully realize how much of a comic book nerd I was until my friends and I hung out after the movie and talked about our likes and dislikes for a little while.

If my memory serves correctly, Juggs never was a true mutant. He found his helmet which was susposed to have a crystal in it that granted him these amazing powers. [/quote]

Does it really matter if they aren’t perfectly faithful to the comics? Don’t be so uptight about everything.

what?!? so theres no Nightcrawler?! Hes by far the best mutant, and that not just because hes German! I guess Beast takes his place as the furry blue agile guy in X3

[quote]
Juggernaut was the most poorly done comic character since perhaps Bane in the Batman and Robin film.
Looked terrible, was a completely flat character, basically just filled the Sabertooth part from the first film. (On a side note, disappointing that Sabertooth NEVER appeared again in the series). And Juggernaut is not a mutant, Cain Marko’s powers come from the Ruby of Cyttorak (spelling?). He is also extremely fucking powerful.

The Boomster[/quote]

Youre not talking about Christian Bale from Batman Begins are you?

[quote]trailrash wrote:

The Boomster

[/quote]

I don’t know if that was supposed to be sarcastic or not, but no, I’m talking about Bane from “Batman and Robin” from '97 (I believe).

Bane, the character who broke Batman’s back in the comic series after letting all of Batman’s villains out of Arkham Asylum. In B & R, Bane was a fucking idiot who didnt say a word and was a large man in a terrible looking latex suit.

Absolutely nothing to do with Batman Begins.

-The Boomster

Perhaps it’s a good thing I never really read all of the comic books, maybe the movie would have fallen short.

I’m just now starting to get into them ,but I though the movie(s) kicked ass.

[quote]CC wrote:
hankr wrote:

Too fucking funny. Every guy under 30 in the theater cracked up.

[/quote]

Yea, I was the only one who laughed out loud at that part, and kinda wondered why more people didn’t seem to get it (or maybe it wasn’t that funny to them?).

If my memory serves correctly, Juggs never was a true mutant. He found his helmet which was susposed to have a crystal in it that granted him these amazing powers. [/quote]

Then the kid sucked out the crystal’s power that it was giving the Juggernaut, hence eliminating his crystal-given mutant power.

Over analysing movies ruins the effect.

[quote]JimmyBoom wrote:
trailrash wrote:

The Boomster

I don’t know if that was supposed to be sarcastic or not, but no, I’m talking about Bane from “Batman and Robin” from '97 (I believe).

Bane, the character who broke Batman’s back in the comic series after letting all of Batman’s villains out of Arkham Asylum. In B & R, Bane was a fucking idiot who didnt say a word and was a large man in a terrible looking latex suit.

Absolutely nothing to do with Batman Begins.

-The Boomster
[/quote]

I agree. Bane was horribly done. But the movie was too short to really include any of Juggs subplot. Besides… he’s sort of a flat character in the comic. He’s big, usually angry, and is usually used by some villan, as they just point him to his brother. He wasn’t particularly deep or anything. He just ran and screamed at Professor X untill the X-men got his helmet off, and X subdued him with his mind.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
LevelHeaded wrote:

If my memory serves correctly, Juggs never was a true mutant. He found his helmet which was susposed to have a crystal in it that granted him these amazing powers.

Then the kid sucked out the crystal’s power that it was giving the Juggernaut, hence eliminating his crystal-given mutant power.

Over analysing movies ruins the effect.[/quote]

Well, it’s not so much over analyzing; it’s a pretty big discrepancy. Juggernaut wasn’t a mutant in any way shape or form. He was some skinny soldier bastard who found a magic crystal while running away from the enemy. He threw the crystal into space so nobody else could use it. The way he was portrayed is kind of like having a Corvette in a movie, and it has NO V8, and 4 doors. Knowing all this, I still enjoyed the Hell out of the movie. I plan on seeing it again.

[quote]Kratos wrote:
SWR-1222D wrote:
LevelHeaded wrote:

Over analysing movies ruins the effect.

Well, it’s not so much over analyzing; it’s a pretty big discrepancy. Juggernaut wasn’t a mutant in any way shape or form. He was some skinny soldier bastard who found a magic crystal while running away from the enemy. He threw the crystal into space so nobody else could use it. The way he was portrayed is kind of like having a Corvette in a movie, and it has NO V8, and 4 doors. Knowing all this, I still enjoyed the Hell out of the movie. I plan on seeing it again.[/quote]

And while that would be all true for the comic books, they didnt develop that in his character. Those who hadnt seen the comic books like you had wouldnt understand why Juggs could withstand a hit from the mutant cure. Or still plow through that one wall like he shouldnt have because of…well…you know…not to spoil.

Still my favorite of the movies.

What was the real reason Wolverine got his altered skeleton anyway? A previous poster mentioned it being something different?

I completely agree that the movie was nowhere near the story line or true to the comic book characters.

There were so many flaws that made me angry. They made colossus into an abercrombie model instead of the hard ass soviet that he should have been and had Juggernaut defeated by kitty pryde; WTF! Just another step to the pussification/feminization/demasculinization of America. When Jugs hit the wall i was incredibly close to leaving the movie. Jugs says he wears the helmet to keep his face pretty, again: WTF!
On a positive note, they did a real good job with the Beast. That’s about it.

P.S.
For those wondering about Kurt’s absence: play the game, it fills in quite alot, and includes Sabertooth also.