T Nation

X-Files Movie

what a dissapointment. it seemed like scully was angsting the whole time! and they sent about 30 secs on the really cool bad guy bit

Yeah, it pissed me off.

I’m glad I avoided it just like the other movie, the first seasons of x files were great though.

Yes… I was a fan of the show, but I heard the movie sucked a big one. Too bad, really.

The first movie was actually ok, at least it actually had something to do with the show. The new movie really has nothing to do with the show except that Mulder and Scully are in it.

The movie is a good chapter if compared to the show, the expectation is shifted for a movie and I think that was the problem.

It really is kind of reunion with them using the case to justify the appeareance. Just to catch up on where they would be now.

I was extremely disapointed with the movie. It didnt feel like it really had any place it was going. I understand some of the themes Carter was trying to explore (science vs god) but this movie would of been so much better if it would explored the mythology at the end of season 9 which would been much more exciting in plot and action and added some much needed testosterone to the movie.

I know I would hate to be ANY movie that wasn’t starring Bale, Downy Jr. or Norton this summer.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I know I would hate to be ANY movie that wasn’t starring Bale, Downy Jr. or Norton this summer.[/quote]

AKA Comic Beatdown on Hollywood - Marvel is making serious bank and it probably aint gonna stop anytime soon.

After reading the reviews I went in with very low expectations which probably helped me because I liked it. It wasn’t great and certainly not what I’d hoped it would be when I first heard they had the green light, but it was ok if you’re a fan of the show. At least in my opinion.

It was a “where are they now” type thing. Looking at it realistically they waited too long to do it and I don’t know how else they could’ve approached it.

On the other hand I really liked the first movie. I thought it was a pretty good bridge between seasons 5 and 6. Everybody said they expected more, but that would’ve been out of character for the whole show.

I doubt they’ll do another one and if they do it better be quick and with lessons learned from this one in mind.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I know I would hate to be ANY movie that wasn’t starring Bale, Downy Jr. or Norton this summer.[/quote]

What about Ledger?

Yes I know, but still.

i expected the flm to be like one of the early ‘monster of the week’ episodes (remeber the fish guy that hid in the portaloo?), it just seemed like a crappy exploration of god vs science. and im really pissed that i paid £9 for a premium seat