WWTD

[quote]malonetd wrote:
jacross wrote:
Outshone him.

Really?[/quote]

Either/or

Inflected Form(s): out?shone /-'shOn, esp British -'sh?n/; or -shined; -shin?ing

Tom Cruise sucks.

I like how he grabbed the dude’s arm and wouldn’t let him leave.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
grew7 wrote:
Wow. He made that poor guy feel like shit over a little bit of water. What an asshole.

LOL! Ya, how inconsiderate of him.[/quote]

Eh. The guy was obviously immature, like a kid. Would you make your kid feel bad for spraying you with a little water? Sure, it was a stupid idea but the guy thought it would be funny. “I thought you would react dif-differently, sor-rry,” you could hear him stuttering as he apologized. He already knew what he did was wrong.

Or maybe he didn’t feel that bad and was more embarassed about people seeing him be an idiot than regretful that he was an ass to someone who was being kind enough to give him a few minutes of his time. I’d have felt absolutely terrible but then again, I wouldn’t have done something so stupid.

As much as tom cruise is generally a wierd guy, he was a champion in that clip.

What kind of punk bitch invites asks someone to come over & do him the favor of giving an interview, then cheap shots him by spraying him in the face & tries to run away?! That “reporter” is a piece of shit & I say go tom for holding him accountable.

All the members of the camera crew and reporter were arrested. Guess Tom got the last laugh.

Top Gun doesn’t suck, you do.

[quote]Killa Cam wrote:

What kind of punk bitch invites asks someone to come over & do him the favor of giving an interview, then cheap shots him by spraying him in the face & tries to run away?! That “reporter” is a piece of shit & I say go tom for holding him accountable.[/quote]

Tom has no doubt been “sprayed in the face” before. He’s used to it.

TOP GUN SUCKED!

[center]TOP
GUN
SUCKS!
[/center]

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
Killa Cam wrote:

What kind of punk bitch invites asks someone to come over & do him the favor of giving an interview, then cheap shots him by spraying him in the face & tries to run away?! That “reporter” is a piece of shit & I say go tom for holding him accountable.

Tom has no doubt been “sprayed in the face” before. He’s used to it.

TOP GUN SUCKED![/quote]

The microphone was rather phallic looking.

I don’t think Ken outshone (shined) him in The Last Samurai. Tom had a much more difficult role to play.

And in Vanilla Sky Tom Cruise had plenty of competition but still gave one of the best performances I’ve ever seen. Anyone who’s seen Vanilla Sky and doesn’t think Tom’s an amazing actor is an idiot.

[quote]malonetd wrote:

Maybe you didn’t hear me. TOP GUN SUCKED!! Every good movie Tom Cruise was in, there was a better actor that outshined him.

Collateral - Jamie Foxx
The Last Samurai - Ken Watanabe
Jerry Maguire - Cuba Gooding Jr.
A Few Good Men - Jack Nicholson
Rain Man - Dustin Hoffman
Color of Money - Paul Newman
…and so on.[/quote]

I don’t care what anyone says. You couldn’t have handled that better in public. Natural reaction would be to knock the guy out. It takes some form of professionalism to not only restrain yourself, but to make the guy who did it want to turn off his own camera afterwards.

What would you have done if some twat had sprayed you with water? I bet half the people on this site wouldn`t have been so composed or dealt with it so well. I think he held himself quite well.

The guy who sprayed him did so as part of a tv show on the BBC where they set up different actors. He isn`t a kid. He is in his mid 20s I believe.

My wife was telling me about a show she saw on tv (Japanese tv)with Tom Cruise.

The premise of the show is that the hosts find the geekiest kids they can and try to help them realise some kind of dream AND try to embarrass them on nation wide tv at the same time.

They got this kid from his high school broadcasting club and tried to set it up so he could ask Tom Cruise a question as he was doing promo stuff for War of the Worlds.

Tom Cruise was walking towards the studio with a couple of cronies and the hosts thrust the kid in front of Cruise to ask his question.

The kid froze. For almost a minute he just stood there dumbfounded with his mouth agape. The cronies tried to hurry Tom along but he insisted on waiting for the kid to answer.

More time passes.

More silence ensues.

The hosts of the show tried to ask the question for the kid to which Cruise answers “The kid wants to ask me a question. Let him ask.”

After maybe another 30 seconds the kid manages to squeeze out his question. “What fo you think of me?”

Tom Cruise looks at the kid, smiles and says “I think you are doing great”.

I thought that was a pretty nice thing to do and a lot of major celebs wouldn`t have taken the time.

As much as an assclown as he maybe with the whole sciencetology(sp?) thing
he has always come across as a decent guy when you hear/see the way he is with his fans.

It does seem that a lot of people, having read T.Cs piece, are jumping on the I hate Tom Cruise bandwagon. Its funny how people still want to hang with the cool kids even on an internet forum.

Whoa a pro Tom Cruise resistance is forming on this site, and the site is better for it. Much better than an endless sea of TC hangers on going:

“yeah I hate Tom”
“no I hate Tom”
“hey I hate Tom the most”
“I’ve always hated Tom”
“Tom sucks so much”
“Tom is so gay, he’s like uber gay, he’s the gayest gay in all of gayland, and I am not gay”
“Yeah Tom is gay”
“Really gay”
“Top Gun sucks”
“Hey Top Gun was gay”
“Tom Cruise was gay in Top Gun”
“yeah Tom sucks”
“coz Tom’s gay HAHAHA”

He shits me at times, needs a sense of humour transplant (re: South Park incident), and Scientology is stupid but I’ve always liked him and his movies ESPECIALLY TOP GUN (don’t forget it was the 80’s).

I of course don’t begrudge people their individual opinions, I just hate drones.

[quote]spiderman739 wrote:

It does seem that a lot of people, having read T.Cs piece, are jumping on the I hate Tom Cruise bandwagon. Its funny how people still want to hang with the cool kids even on an internet forum.[/quote]

TC?s post was so obviously tongue-in-cheek and I think that everyone that actually “hates” Tom Cruise (TC? Coincidence, lol…) has left reality as we know it long ago anyway…

[quote]jacross wrote:

He shits me at times, needs a sense of humour transplant (re: South Park incident), and Scientology is stupid but I’ve always liked him and his movies ESPECIALLY TOP GUN (don’t forget it was the 80’s).

[/quote]

No Top Gun sucks.

Not because of the movie that I barely remember anyway, but because of the theme song, Berlin “Take my breath away”…

This song is just so incredibly awful, there are no words to describe it…

Somebody start a Tom Cruise appreciation thread, see if it gets pulled, or what sort of comments are put on it.

I visited Tom Cruise is nuts dot com, for some reason I began to like Tom Cruise because he is clearly a bit of a goofball. I think he is doing it to piss people off, which is pretty cool cos its working.

No Top Gun sucks.

Not because of the movie that I barely remember anyway, but because of the theme song, Berlin “Take my breath away”…

[/quote]

Oh man, I hate that song too…one of the worst ever - so, agreed, Top Gun sucks.

[quote]Eisenbeisser wrote:
No Top Gun sucks.

Oh man, I hate that song too…one of the worst ever - so, agreed, Top Gun sucks.[/quote]

Damn, I forgot about that song. Horrendous.

Here’s one for you anti-Top Gun guys,

(hilarious)TOP GUN Trailer Remade:

You guys have got to be kidding me. “Handled it well”? All he showed to me is what a self-important, pompous crotch stain he and most Hollywood dickweeds are. “I took the time to give you an interview. You’re a jerk! Wah, wah, wah…”

A real man can see the humor in a harmless practical joke and would have laughed this off. Instead, we get this grave, Ward Cleaveresque “I hope you learned your lesson, Beaver” bullshit. What a jackass.

[quote] No Top Gun sucks.

Oh man, I hate that song too…one of the worst ever - so, agreed, Top Gun sucks.[/quote]
Excuse me, but fuck you? That movie was great because it was pure mindless entertainment.

I know maddox included it on his ‘movies that everybody loves but suck anyway’ list or whatever but frankly he’s an asshole anyway.

With that said, Tom Cruise is still a dickface. He apologises for the fact that he is a dickface, but he is still a dickface. I find it incredibly funny that Nicole Kidman is a much better actor than he is, and she is probably more attractive than him if you met her in real life.

I personally always wondered if it was set up by Tom Cruise as a publicity stunt. He got a lot of face time on the news for it.