WTF MTV

i like the hills

OP,

If it’s the videos you are looking for, try:
http://www.mtv.com/music/video/

They have uploaded their entire archive onto this website. (all the way back to “video killed the radio star”)

WARNING: if you are looking for videos this site is going take up most of your evening…

[quote]randman wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
I don’t mind watching some of the shows

flavour of love 1 & 2 were classics
parental control and next are regular favourites
occasionally hogan knows best and brooke knows best are good too watch

Parental control? Next? Brooke Knows Best? Are you kidding me? I’m sorry, this is exactly what this thread is calling out. These shows are extremely stupid. You just dated yourself.

I can’t imagine sitting through a half hour of watching Brooke, the mental giant, living her pathetic life. I’m not trying to call you out but the stupidity of these reality shows.[/quote]

Hogan Knows Best wasn’t that bad though. I liked the one episode where he almost killed the PT that his wife hired.

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
speaking of sci-fi … damn how many seasons does stargate have?[/quote]

Stargate SG-1 had I believe ten seasons, and is no longer being produced; however, they are making direct-to-video movies based on the series (first one is Stargate: Continuum).

Stargate Atlantis is still being produced.

I watch a lot of Sci Fi. :slight_smile:

I was really into sg-1 for a few years after it started then I lost track, im really considering buying the seasons now that I get talking about it haha.

it’s not just MTV, all TV channels are turning into reality shows 24/7

eg. discovery channel and TLC which actually used to have quality programming

[quote]Jetric9 wrote:
i like the hills[/quote]

I hope this was a joke…ugh.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
I don’t mind watching some of the shows

parental control and next are regular favourites
[/quote]

The scripting and acting on those shows makes me want to crucify whoever is responsible for them. I seriously don’t know how the people who go on the show can actually pretend to act as incredibly retarded as they do. The paycheck better be good to demoralize yourself like that.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Drizzt wrote:
speaking of sci-fi … damn how many seasons does stargate have?

Stargate SG-1 had I believe ten seasons, and is no longer being produced; however, they are making direct-to-video movies based on the series (first one is Stargate: Continuum).

I watch a lot of Sci Fi. :-)[/quote]

Two SG-1 movies (The Ark of Truth and Continuum), both are out on DVD.

There was also an animated series (Stargate Infinity) that lasted for 26 episodes (2002-2003).

Third series is in production (Stargate Universe) and it’s supposed to come out at summer 2009.

Atlantis is retarded.

Wait until you have kids and have to overhear/watch the dumb ass shows on Disney and Nickelodeon. My boys are really smart, but they’re constantly watching these dumb-ass shows. Drake and Josh, Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life of Zach and Cody…Thank god they’re not girls or I’d have to see that gay ass high school musical garbage…

A new stargate?! I’m already stoked.

Oh I saw continuum, thought it was pretty sweet. Its worth the money if your into stargate.

[quote]R@NE wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Drizzt wrote:
speaking of sci-fi … damn how many seasons does stargate have?

I watch a lot of Sci Fi. :slight_smile:

Two SG-1 movies (The Ark of Truth and Continuum), both are out on DVD.

There was also an animated series (Stargate Infinity) that lasted for 26 episodes (2002-2003).

Third series is in production (Stargate Universe) and it’s supposed to come out at summer 2009.

Atlantis is retarded.[/quote]

Sweet info re: Stargate Universe. Do you know who is going to be in it?

I agree that Atlantis is retarded. I only watch it so I can stir my old memories.

I haven’t watched MTV in years. It is even blocked in my home so my daughter can’t watch it. Shows about spoiled teens don’t float my boat.

I only watch soapnet and country music channels. Country music isn’t even my favorite but they play music which is the point of a music channel. And I love that new show The Mentalist because I have a crush on that Jane guy.

Degrassi ftw

If any show was ever scripted it’s Wild’N Out.

Oh and another thing. During the MTV presidential “debate” last year, they blatantly picked questions designed to make Ron Paul look bad. Which is pretty much unforgivable to me.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
If any show was ever scripted it’s Wild’N Out.[/quote]

nah. it doesnt seem so. i think that during the Wild Style certain people use writtens but youll see others actually going off the top.

parental control is the only blatently obvious one. next is too. at least some portions are definately scripted.

I stopped watching mtv when they started that TRL show

Only thing mtv is good for now is turning girls into media sluts and boys into little weak fags

Your best bet is to cancel your cable, up your internet speed package, and only download torrents

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

Sweet info re: Stargate Universe. Do you know who is going to be in it?

I agree that Atlantis is retarded. I only watch it so I can stir my old memories.[/quote]

Nope they haven’t announced the cast yet.

Apparentely it’s going to happen mostly aboard a ship, feature more space based action and be more “mature” than the previous series.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/10/sci_fi_iuniversei_is_on_track.shtml

MTV has other channels, i.e MTV2 and MTV Jams where its nothing but music.