T Nation

WTF MTV

what the hell is up with all these reality shows on MTV and VH1??? 90% seems likes its scripted too. Back in the day mtv was ALL MUSIC based. Same goes for VH1… pisses me off.

Reality shows on VH1 got old after flavor of love, that shit was histarical though.

If my GF wants to watch something on MTV or VH1 she has to go in the bed room b/c it makes me sick to watch all the fucking retards they put on TV. I cant beleave they let thouse ppl have kids, they must need a court order for that shit! I would rather put a brick through every TV in my house than sit there and watch that shit!

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
what the hell is up with all these reality shows on MTV and VH1??? 90% seems likes its scripted too. Back in the day mtv was ALL MUSIC based. Same goes for VH1… pisses me off.

Reality shows on VH1 got old after flavor of love, that shit was histarical though.[/quote]

You must be old. MTV stopped showing music videos when I was a teenager, and that was more than 12 years ago.

i like the shows

I stopped watching MTV when they dropped Headbangers Ball.

It’s channels like this that make me avoid TV in general.

10-15 years ago, MTV was the pinnacle of human achievement in the entertainment arena. Since then it has degenerated to the point of being one of the worst networks in television history and a bastion of media liberalism with the apparent goal of exposing youth to as many gay people as possible. I don’t hate gays, but, Christ, it’s like they’re actually trying to turn kids gay. But at least you can download Beavis and Butthead episodes on the internet, so some of the worthwhile feature of old school MTV have been preserved.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
I stopped watching MTV when they dropped Headbangers Ball.[/quote]

I stopped watching it before I started. What do I win?

It’s scary to see how the new young generation gets entertained. We’re really going downhill fast.

I pretty much exclusively watch:

  1. Science channel
  2. Discovery
  3. History Channel
  4. Military channel
  5. The Learning Channel
  6. History international
  7. National Geographic channel

Then i flip through HBO, Starts and Encore.

I don’t mind watching some of the shows

flavour of love 1 & 2 were classics
parental control and next are regular favourites
occasionally hogan knows best and brooke knows best are good too watch

See I don’t see why anybody would need 500 channels on their service.

If I was to pick, I could probably get 10-12 channels which would have all one could ask for:

2 News channels, CNN & BBC
1 Sport Channel
Discovery
National Geographic
1 Series Channel
2 Movie Channels
1 Recreation Channel (cooking, randon activities, extreme sports and what not)
Porn Channel HD
Cartoon Channel
Music Channel

Seriously - who needs more than that?

its on CMT and i only caught it once but Celeberty Wrestling is pretty entertaining.

mtv is bleh for reality shows. i watched I Love Money for like 5 episodes then got bored with it.

yeah im not really big on reality shows i just stick to watching episodes of Always Sunny In Philadelphia on FX on demand.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Drizzt wrote:
what the hell is up with all these reality shows on MTV and VH1??? 90% seems likes its scripted too. Back in the day mtv was ALL MUSIC based. Same goes for VH1… pisses me off.

Reality shows on VH1 got old after flavor of love, that shit was histarical though.

You must be old. MTV stopped showing music videos when I was a teenager, and that was more than 12 years ago.[/quote]

haha no im not old…

Well about 3 years ago I had cable, and mtv/mtv2 or whatever played music video’s and had different shows regarding genre’s of music i.e. Headbangers ball. Now I just got cable back, I turn mtv on and its this stupid dating show and on after that is this show where kids talk to their parents about how much sex they have… seriously play some fucking music or something. It’s making my generation retarded.

Now I’m all I watch is.
Sci-fi
Spike
AMC
Discovery

[quote]Gregus wrote:
It’s scary to see how the new young generation gets entertained. We’re really going downhill fast.

I pretty much exclusively watch:

  1. Science channel
  2. Discovery
  3. History Channel
  4. Military channel
  5. The Learning Channel
  6. History international
  7. National Geographic channel

Then i flip through HBO, Starts and Encore. [/quote]

Great channels especially Nat Geo and Discovery.

The only shows I ever watch on VH1 is the 100 Greatest songs of ____.

theres MTV Jams which used to be better because it was all music, no commercials, no stupid fucking Hood Fab no Parker Report, just videos. now its turning into another typical MTV full of proactive commercials.

theres also MTV2 which plays a lot of videos of all genres. it always plays shows though like Viva La Bam and Wildboys. so its ok, more like MTV Rock than anything else.

then theres MTV tres and i couldnt tell you anything about it other than its latin themed.

It’s popular because it’s cheap as shit to produce since they don’t have to hire writers.

The semi-scripted stuff is what bothers me, like the hills. I mean, if I want to watch fiction then it should at least be quality fiction, not some half-assed bullshit which only passes because it’s supposed to be “reality”.

I watched that show for like 15 minutes and turned it off because it was so stupid.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
If my GF wants to watch something on MTV or VH1 she has to go in the bed room b/c it makes me sick to watch all the fucking retards they put on TV. I cant beleave they let thouse ppl have kids, they must need a court order for that shit! I would rather put a brick through every TV in my house than sit there and watch that shit!

[/quote]

Exactly.

If I’m watching TV it’s usually:

G4
Food Network
Travel Channel
Sci-fi (although this has been lame lately)
Cartoon Network
Military Channel
Discovery Channel
Comedy Channel

speaking of sci-fi … damn how many seasons does stargate have?

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
I don’t mind watching some of the shows

flavour of love 1 & 2 were classics
parental control and next are regular favourites
occasionally hogan knows best and brooke knows best are good too watch[/quote]

Parental control? Next? Brooke Knows Best? Are you kidding me? I’m sorry, this is exactly what this thread is calling out. These shows are extremely stupid. You just dated yourself.

I can’t imagine sitting through a half hour of watching Brooke, the mental giant, living her pathetic life. I’m not trying to call you out but the stupidity of these reality shows.