T Nation

WTF? Man! Clen Making Me Anabolic?

Guys, help me out here!!!..

I’ve been on a Clen/diet cycle for about 2 weeks. The plan was to go like this:

Keto diet for a week to get system ready. Then Clen cycle w/keto for 3 weeks. Clen cycle is like this…

20/20/40/40 40/60/80 120/120/120/120/120/120/120 80/60/40 40/20/20

So I dropped from 208 at 24%bf to 196 at 20%bf in the first 2 weeks. The all of a sudden on day 3 of the 120mg dose of Clen my body went Anabolic and I started GAINING!!!

I’m back up to 198 and my pants are looser! I haven’t been to the gym and used the bf meter but checking in the mirror and just general body feedback “feeling” tells me my bf is the same and maybe even dropping.

I’ve tried dropping my overall cal count from 2200 to 1600 and I’m still gaining. I realize most guys would be like “shut up, that’s what you want!”. But I’m really trying to cut right now and I want to know what’s going on with my body.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

If you’re getting leaner and gaining…thats better than just leaning out with preexisting mass lol.

[quote]Alex-P wrote:
If you’re getting leaner and gaining…thats better than just leaning out with preexisting mass lol. [/quote]

unless of course he is a fighter trying to make weight or some other weight class sport.

Very true, Crew.

All im going to say is you sonofabitch lol
if your not happy please send me the rest of whatever it is you are taking lol.

By saying you have gone Keto, i am assuming you are following the anabolic diet yes?

[quote]testanabol wrote:
All im going to say is you sonofabitch lol
if your not happy please send me the rest of whatever it is you are taking lol.

By saying you have gone Keto, i am assuming you are following the anabolic diet yes?[/quote]

I’m basically eating about 1.5g of protein for every lb of bodyweight. So right now it’s about 133g. I’m doing it old school with chicken breasts, roast beef and turkey. I keep my carbs as low as possible. I’m taking a multivitamin, 5 tabs of fish oil and the clen every morning.

I track everything on fitday.com. Here’s yesterday’s percentages and gram weights. It’s a pretty good representation of an average day for me. But I have to confess my diet dirties up a little on the weekend.

grams   	cals  	%total

Total: 1661
Fat: 75 672 42%
Sat: 26 238 15%
Poly: 7 65 4%
Mono: 30 270 17%
Carbs: 64 207 13%
Fiber: 12 0 0%
Protein: 177 709 45%

Sorry about the formatting. I don’t know how to fix it.

So why am I gaining instead of cutting? Is the anabolic effect of Clen that powerful?

BTW, I intend to do a three day purge of the Clen by using Benadryl over the weekend. I took 120mg this morning and I barely feel a thing. Should I restart on Monday or wait three weeks?

[quote]MightyMaus wrote:
Guys, help me out here!!!..

I’ve been on a Clen/diet cycle for about 2 weeks. The plan was to go like this:

Keto diet for a week to get system ready. Then Clen cycle w/keto for 3 weeks. Clen cycle is like this…

20/20/40/40 40/60/80 120/120/120/120/120/120/120 80/60/40 40/20/20

So I dropped from 208 at 24%bf to 196 at 20%bf in the first 2 weeks. The all of a sudden on day 3 of the 120mg dose of Clen my body went Anabolic and I started GAINING!!!

I’m back up to 198 and my pants are looser! I haven’t been to the gym and used the bf meter but checking in the mirror and just general body feedback “feeling” tells me my bf is the same and maybe even dropping.

I’ve tried dropping my overall cal count from 2200 to 1600 and I’m still gaining. I realize most guys would be like “shut up, that’s what you want!”. But I’m really trying to cut right now and I want to know what’s going on with my body.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?[/quote]

Wick the Clen and whatever supps you might be taking and stick with the diet alone. at 1600/cals a day you will starve your body for sure, but hey at least you will drop weight…along with the “unwanted muscle” and strenght

That’s not my point. I’m not unhappy with this situation, just confused as hell because it runs contrary to everything I’ve read. I’m still cutting, but not as fast and I’m gaining lean mass too so that’s good.

I’m just asking cause I want to understand the mechanism. If this formula is what my body loves, then I want to tweak it further and see if I can really get big/lean.

[quote]MightyMaus wrote:

kick the Clen and whatever supps you might be taking and with the diet alone. at 1600/cals a day you will starve your body for sure, but hey at least you will drop weight…along with the “unwanted muscle” and strenght

That’s not my point. I’m not unhappy with this situation, just confused as hell because it runs contrary to everything I’ve read. I’m still cutting, but not as fast and I’m gaining lean mass too so that’s good.

I’m just asking cause I want to understand the mechanism. If this formula is what my body loves, then I want to tweak it further and see if I can really get big/lean.[/quote]

clen is slightly anabolic,not so much so that you will gain though. you should keep some mass that you already have but no its not really anabolic on its own.

it may be the diet itself is making you gain.
if you are dropping bf then whats the deal?

I know when i started my high protien diet,I started to loose weight rapidly.

couple weeks later when I was actually in ketosis,could tell by smell in my urine, I went right back up in weight and I stayed at the weight I was at before I started dieting.

however,I am leaning out prety quickly.
I bounce back and forth a few pounds a week.
so I think this is normal for this kind of diet.

I havent taken clen on this diet yet I am just taking ephedrine and hrx for now but I will def let you know when I start my clen if I have the same experiance.

[quote]Clen is slightly anabolic,not so much so that you will gain though. you should keep some mass that you already have but no its not really anabolic on its own.

couple weeks later when I was actually in ketosis,could tell by smell in my urine, I went right back up in weight and I stayed at the weight I was at before I started dieting.

I havent taken clen on this diet yet I am just taking ephedrine and hrx for now but I will def let you know when I start my clen if I have the same experiance.
[/quote]

I was planning to do a second Clen cycle in about three weeks stacked with Liquidex and possibly T3. Should I be adding a bit of clomid or nolvi at the end in case my E spikes?

[quote]MightyMaus wrote:
Clen is slightly anabolic,not so much so that you will gain though. you should keep some mass that you already have but no its not really anabolic on its own.

Couple weeks later when I was actually in ketosis,could tell by smell in my urine, I went right back up in weight and I stayed at the weight I was at before I started dieting.

However,I am leaning out prety quickly.

I was planning to do a second Clen cycle in about three weeks stacked with Liquidex and possibly T3. Should I be adding a bit of clomid or nolvi at the end in case my E spikes?
[/quote]

I personally have no experiance with Liquidex or T3,but I wouldnt think you would have huge estro spikes on something like this anyways.

Clen is actually often used as an anabolic substance. Ive seen a ton of studies on rats et al and they indeed gained muscle while on it. I am under the impression that the mechanisms are unknown, but they certainly are there.

Ive experienced something like that while “dieting” too…I wouldnt call it a diet though…I was eating right and every 3 hours. my cal intake was just under 2000 and protein at about 180/g.

I started leaning out but at the same time I was getting stronger and muscles looked fuller. So it was kind of a trade off between muscle and fat weight…dropping fat gaining muscle but my actualy body weight remained about the same. just ended up in shape and more defined :wink:

[quote]MightyMaus wrote:
Clen is slightly anabolic,not so much so that you will gain though. you should keep some mass that you already have but no its not really anabolic on its own.

[/quote]

What is your thinking behind your estrogen spiking?

Do you mean rebound?