WTF is This - Shoulder Injection Is Killing Me

I just read the entire Site Injection Pain post and mine doesnt really fit into any of them i think. Maybe im just freaking out but i did a delt shot monday and friday a cc each time and my shoulder is killing me. Where i pinned the muscle is like stiff and kinda hard a little hot but theres a lot of pain, theres also no redness at all. I also did my right delt to and its not even close to this.

moving my arm to the side and backwards hurts. The pain has kind of traveled up to the top of my shoulder right before where the trap would start… its been 3 days and im kinda hoping it will slowly go away. Any thoughts? no fever, i dont wanna run to the ER or my doctor and look like a dick when it could be nothing

Def read the site injection sticky. Any pitting edema? When you press on it does it leave an indention?
Have you tried using Ibuprofen & Ice? Anytime I shoot delts it hurts like Mfer for about 5-6 days. So, now I just don’t shoot them. If you stick to Dorsal glutes, quads, and Ventro Gluteal (any large muscle) you will probably be fine. Keep an eye on it for now, and if any fever or pitting starts you’ll need to either aspirate it (never done it but am guessing it will suck really bad, reallly bad) or have your Doctor do it. They don’t give a shit what you did, it’s their job to fix it and charge you too much money. Otherwise give it a few more days and see if the pain starts to subside. I used around 1000mg of Ibuprofen throughout the day and it helped a lot and seemed to speed up the healing process. Also, even though it sounds crazy… do your shoulder workout if you can, nothing will move that oil around faster than expanding and contracting the tissue around it. I would prob skip the side lateral raises though.

Keep us posted!

[quote]Randizo wrote:
Def read the site injection sticky. Any pitting edema? When you press on it does it leave an indention?
Have you tried using Ibuprofen & Ice? Anytime I shoot delts it hurts like Mfer for about 5-6 days. So, now I just don’t shoot them. If you stick to Dorsal glutes, quads, and Ventro Gluteal (any large muscle) you will probably be fine. Keep an eye on it for now, and if any fever or pitting starts you’ll need to either aspirate it (never done it but am guessing it will suck really bad, reallly bad) or have your Doctor do it. They don’t give a shit what you did, it’s their job to fix it and charge you too much money. Otherwise give it a few more days and see if the pain starts to subside. I used around 1000mg of Ibuprofen throughout the day and it helped a lot and seemed to speed up the healing process. Also, even though it sounds crazy… do your shoulder workout if you can, nothing will move that oil around faster than expanding and contracting the tissue around it. I would prob skip the side lateral raises though.

Keep us posted![/quote]

Nope absolutely no pitting edema, which is why im probably not freaking out right now haha. Its also been 3 days since i hit that spot so i figure if it hasnt kicked in yet it most likely wont. I did chest today and i gotta say it feel a little bit better, i guess i got everything flowing now, ill def keep an eye on it, like the sticky said it could take 7-10 days for pain and swelling to completely subside so hopefully that will be the case and then its in the ass from there! haha

pain and swelling was completely gone on friday, took a week. That was the most painful thing ive ever experienced. Doing glute shots from now on haha

As you should! Unless you got Ronnie Coleman shoulders, it’s just not a pleasant experience.
Well, now ya know!