WTF Is A Deadlift?

So, I recently started working at a gym in town to have something to do with my day, and I’ve come to find that none of the other Personal Trainers are Powerlifters, use powerlifts (except the bench), or even know how to train in powerlifting type stuff, except MAYBE one guy who is a GPP whiz (haven’t asked him yet). I’m the only person there who can probably spell “Powerlifting”. Is this common? Seriously, where’d all the strong people go? I think I’m going to stick to my garage man.
-B

[quote]blondeguy wrote:
So, I recently started working at a gym in town to have something to do with my day, and I’ve come to find that none of the other Personal Trainers are Powerlifters, use powerlifts (except the bench), or even know how to train in powerlifting type stuff, except MAYBE one guy who is a GPP whiz (haven’t asked him yet). I’m the only person there who can probably spell “Powerlifting”. Is this common? Seriously, where’d all the strong people go? I think I’m going to stick to my garage man.
-B[/quote]

I’ve found the garage man to be quite knowledgeable in most anything. He’s kind of the Oracle of Delphi of today.

DB

[quote]blondeguy wrote:
-B[/quote]

Personal trainers and powerlifting don’t often appear in the same sentece.

I was going to stick it to my garage man, but every time I made a grab for him, he’d disappear and pop up behind me.

Why does he wear a pink shirt with a popped collar? How does he make himself wavy and trasparent when he knows I’m going to attack him? Why doesn’t he say anything to me? And why does he smell like sadness?

[quote]HOV wrote:
I was going to stick it to my garage man, but every time I made a grab for him, he’d disappear and pop up behind me.

Why does he wear a pink shirt with a popped collar? How does he make himself wavy and trasparent when he knows I’m going to attack him? Why doesn’t he say anything to me? And why does he smell like sadness?[/quote]

classic

[quote]HOV wrote:
And why does he smell like sadness?[/quote]

I have no idea what this means but I cannot stop laughing.

I’m surprised that you’re surprised.

But if you’re a PT to, then now you have something to differentiate yourself. If you’re looking for a PT, then you’ll need to look hard for good powerlifting advice.

You’d be better off joining a club than getting personal tuition.

My Aunt gave me a pass or badge or whatever you call it for a 24 Hour Fitness once. This was well recent.

I went twice. I went in once, looked around, threw up, and left.
And I went again the next day thinking that it was just a bad dream, just to be hassled by a bunch of personal trainers trying to get me to do their 24 hour special machine workout. Bleh.

Is it everywhere that 24 Hour Fitness’s tend to have a crap load of machines, and maybe a squat rack or two, next to 3 smith machines, and no power racks, Glute Ham raises, and don’t allow deadlifts?

I mean, I know it sounds like I just took everything from SOYG at Elitefts. But seriously. Are they all like this, or does is just happen to be the one I go to?