T Nation

WTF Is a Bro?

Is it the male version of a bra? Or perhaps that is the manssiere?

/end Seinfeld episode

do you people think I’m that dumb? lol, ok maybe I am.

I know what a bro is, but lately people have been using that term on this board and BB.com in a way I haven’t heard it used before.

:shrug:

edit- in response to the old timers giving the usual definition of bro

i say bro, i type it too

ahh i got the bro bug ahhhhhh

[quote]ab_power wrote:
josh86 wrote:
Damn if I could only get on myspace at work I could get you tons of douchebag “bro” pics.

Uhhh where I live a “bro” is pretty much a douchebag guy that wears tapout, famous, etc, sags their pants which are too big usually, wears belts with big buckles and tucks their shirt in behind the buckle, drives lifted trucks due to their SPS (small penis syndrome), act “hard”, etc…

Wholy shit, sounds like the bros form my area, this is from a blog post:

  • Oakley sunglasses (Typically Gas Can, Oilrig, etc)
  • “Lidz” baseball cap (turned at an angle)
  • Affliction t-shirt
  • Tattoo (Note: must be a tribal design, spider web on elbow, brand symbol, or an unknown asian language)
  • Blackberry (For textin’ the brahs to find out which club to hit up on whyte ave)
  • Walks around with invisible lat syndrome (walking around as if they are carrying a keg underneath each arm) BONUS: Chest puffing
  • Lifted Heavy Duty diesel truck that they bought off of a leasing company (Rims will be bought from Kal-Tire)
  • Often unable to pay for their utilities bill

[/quote]

You live innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Grande Prairie I’m guessing??
I was there for 6 months awhile back and that pretty much describes my take on the place

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/bro_youre_a_god_among_bros

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:
ab_power wrote:
josh86 wrote:
Damn if I could only get on myspace at work I could get you tons of douchebag “bro” pics.

Uhhh where I live a “bro” is pretty much a douchebag guy that wears tapout, famous, etc, sags their pants which are too big usually, wears belts with big buckles and tucks their shirt in behind the buckle, drives lifted trucks due to their SPS (small penis syndrome), act “hard”, etc…

Wholy shit, sounds like the bros form my area, this is from a blog post:

  • Oakley sunglasses (Typically Gas Can, Oilrig, etc)
  • “Lidz” baseball cap (turned at an angle)
  • Affliction t-shirt
  • Tattoo (Note: must be a tribal design, spider web on elbow, brand symbol, or an unknown asian language)
  • Blackberry (For textin’ the brahs to find out which club to hit up on whyte ave)
  • Walks around with invisible lat syndrome (walking around as if they are carrying a keg underneath each arm) BONUS: Chest puffing
  • Lifted Heavy Duty diesel truck that they bought off of a leasing company (Rims will be bought from Kal-Tire)
  • Often unable to pay for their utilities bill

You live innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Grande Prairie I’m guessing??
I was there for 6 months awhile back and that pretty much describes my take on the place
[/quote]

Never been to GP, thank god. But it’s about the same way in Edmonton, depending on the night.

Ahh, the good ol’ bro, very prevalent here in east county san diego.

Most of them are all douchebags.
There is a good descrpition of them here. http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Flatbiller

I love the exert at the end of the article… “They are basically the equivalent of an urban redneck. Often bros are viewed to harbor racist attitudes, which is somewhat ironic, since many listen to rap music. Most recently, the bro population in many Southern California suburbs have been slowly decreasing, due to the subprime mortgage crisis resulting in inability to pay house payments. This is often blamed, rightly or not, to bros’ perceived attitude for living in the moment rather than planning for the future, characterized by uninhibited spending on trucks, tattoos, dirtbikes, boats, and a number of other “toys” that they thought they could afford but couldn’t, as opposed to investing their money in more prudent and lasting things like a college education. As gas prices rose in the late 2000s, more and more bro trucks were sold or parted out due to inability to afford their rising gasoline expenses.”

One word I hate is “the” quit using it. It makes my skin crawl

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/bro_youre_a_god_among_bros

[/quote]

You are the king of all bros. Brotankhamen. You are the Ayatollah Bromeini. You are Broseidon, lord of the brocean.

lol

.

Hey, JehovahsFitness–

'Sup, bro?

I generally use the full iteration of the word. Sup Brother. Like the Hulkster used to. Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the Hulk runs wild on you.

Broham is another that was once widley used here in upstate NY. Thing is my area is so depressed, there is literally not many douchebags here. Douchebags can’t survive in a tough economy, they need to be somewhere where they can survive and still suck at life. If you don’t handle your shit in my area, no ones helping your ass out. So the overall lack of douchebaggery is the only upside to a shitty tough economy. I mean I know there are definately the odd douchebags around, but there is no overwhelming flocks of them. you can pretty much go out anywhere and 90% of the dudes will be normal guys who just busted thier ass all day and just want to watch a game and drink a beer. And possible hoot a little at the RARE Hot girl who walks in, And if drunk enough, hoot a little at the many mediocre girls who flood the joints.

V

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
Ahh, the good ol’ bro, very prevalent here in east county san diego.

Most of them are all douchebags.
There is a good descrpition of them here. http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Flatbiller

[/quote]

If I had the time right now I’d make a “Generation Fail” poster. WTF happened to the xy’s in my generation? But…come to think of it … every gen. had a group like this … fuckin jerk-offs

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
.[/quote]

ehhhhhh WRONG

its bro’s before ho’s


…__
…/´¯/’…’/´¯¯`·¸
…/’/…/…/…/¨¯
…(’(…´…´… ¯~/’…’)
…’…/
…’’… _.·´
…(
BRO FIST

You can’t forget how they have their lifted trucks 6 inches higher in the front than in the back. It’s brotastic that way.

[quote]Green Man wrote:
Bro, let’s get some scotch and go upstairs to talk about this. I’ve got some Dave cds you can check out.[/quote]

Thats high school all over again.

i’m not really diggin the harshness on the lifted trucks lol maybe im just a hick but every truck ive owned has been lifted and have ran many truck pulls, even went so far as to put 49" tires on one. so ill agree with the rest of it but if my truck makes me a “bro” then so be it

[quote]orion wrote:
Tech9 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/bro_youre_a_god_among_bros

You are the king of all bros. Brotankhamen. You are the Ayatollah Bromeini. You are Broseidon, lord of the brocean.

lol[/quote]

Did anyone else find this article a little brover-the-top?