T Nation

WTF Is a Bro?

I’ve seen the termed used lately, and it makes no sense, and just sounds retarded. please stop using this term. yes, it annoys me :smiley:

What are you all bent up for brah? You should hang out with me and the broski’s. Well show
you whats up with that silly reefer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqpadlX_vQ

“Sammy the queer? The guy I said wasn’t alowed to come around here anymore?”

Bro, let’s get some scotch and go upstairs to talk about this. I’ve got some Dave cds you can check out.

Damn if I could only get on myspace at work I could get you tons of douchebag “bro” pics.

Uhhh where I live a “bro” is pretty much a douchebag guy that wears tapout, famous, etc, sags their pants which are too big usually, wears belts with big buckles and tucks their shirt in behind the buckle, drives lifted trucks due to their SPS (small penis syndrome), act “hard”, etc…

It’s a Mansierre, used by men with boobs.

Costanza’s father, George, thought they provided excellent support.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
Damn if I could only get on myspace at work I could get you tons of douchebag “bro” pics.

Uhhh where I live a “bro” is pretty much a douchebag guy that wears tapout, famous, etc, sags their pants which are too big usually, wears belts with big buckles and tucks their shirt in behind the buckle, drives lifted trucks due to their SPS (small penis syndrome), act “hard”, etc…[/quote]

According to the urban dictionary, they also beat their girlfriends.

both those videos were random…

jehovasfitness, where have you been?!?!? people have been calling each other bros since I was in school (I’m 23).

[quote]josh86 wrote:

Uhhh where I live a “bro” is pretty much a douchebag guy that wears tapout, famous, etc, sags their pants which are too big usually, wears belts with big buckles and tucks their shirt in behind the buckle, drives lifted trucks due to their SPS (small penis syndrome), act “hard”, etc…[/quote]

use Vtunnel.com

A bro is a brotha from anotha motha meng.

It’s a nice thing to say. Like if I called up one of my esé’s I might say “sup bro”. Or if I bumped into a dude at the club I might say “sorry bro”.

[quote]TheG wrote:
both those videos were random…

jehovasfitness, where have you been?!?!? people have been calling each other bros since I was in school (I’m 23). [/quote]

Fuck, people have been calling each other bro since I was in school and I AM 48! Did the OP take a wrong turn in the Time Tunnel or something?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I’ve seen the termed used lately, and it makes no sense, and just sounds retarded. please stop using this term. yes, it annoys me :D[/quote]

Can we add “dood” to that list, too?

[quote]josh86 wrote:

You nailed that on the head. I live in the Inland Empire, capital of "bro"dom. Bros are pretty much the West Coast version of Guidos, IMO. A different type of douche, yeah, but just as douchie nonetheless. And they are everywhere out here, which makes going to the gym especially interesting/entertaining. (Although Huntington Beach is now the “IE by the sea,” so I guess it’s spreading…)

dont be stupid mang

bro

Bro doesn’t bother me nearly as much as “brah”, or worse yet, the “bro brah”.

“Duuuuuuude, those white caps are killer. Let’s shread! Yeahuuuhuh!”

[quote]josh86 wrote:

Wholy shit, sounds like the bros form my area, this is from a blog post:

• Oakley sunglasses (Typically Gas Can, Oilrig, etc)
  • “Lidz” baseball cap (turned at an angle)
  • Affliction t-shirt
  • Tattoo (Note: must be a tribal design, spider web on elbow, brand symbol, or an unknown asian language)
  • Blackberry (For textin’ the brahs to find out which club to hit up on whyte ave)
  • Walks around with invisible lat syndrome (walking around as if they are carrying a keg underneath each arm) BONUS: Chest puffing
  • Lifted Heavy Duty diesel truck that they bought off of a leasing company (Rims will be bought from Kal-Tire)
  • Often unable to pay for their utilities bill

Bro, Cuz, Dude, Dog, Man, Buddy, Pal

Bitch, Skank, Hoe, Slut, Douche

Exactly why does this shit matter!

This site should explain everything.
http://flatbiller.com/

Bro is short for brother. In the world of juicebags bro is used constantly and one can tell if they have earned there ranking if they are reffered to as “A good bro” or “A solid bro”. I dunno wtf type of shit you Cali boys are describing but here in dirty Jersey we call guys like that more creative things like dickjaw, queerbait, or guy. Guy is one of my favorites because when you say it with the right tone you can pretty much tell that what you mean is “fucking bitch ass half-a-fag”. For example, “Nice sunglasses guy.” Wich really means, “Nice sunglasses fucking bitch ass half-a-fag.”

BTW I don’t wanna hear anymore complaints outta you westcoast boys. There’s way more dickjawed ginny closet butt touchers over here in Jersey and WAY less attractive women. Imagine going out and easily 90% of the guys around you look like this, PLUS there are considerably less attractive women around…and the weather sucks balls. Go enjoy your palm trees bitches! Hahaha

Bro=Camaraderie

Camaraderie= Goodwill and lighthearted rapport between or among friends