WSM 2010

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]majik wrote:
yeah Big Z got married, hot wife too [/quote]

Seriously hot. Dude did well for himself![/quote]

Women tend to wet their panties when you pick them up literally with one hand, he put her over his head… she was his forever.

Misha Koklyaev is a Beast!!! and My pick…
I would like Louis-Philippe Jean to do very well

I’m interested how Mark Felix will do. Not in line for a podium finish if you ask me.
My prediction:

1. Zydrunas
  2. Poundstone
  3. Brian Shaw

Poundstone has torn his VL. Very unfortunate, as I think he was overdue for a win at WSM. Maybe next year…

(skip to 3:40)

^
Fuck. I was really getting into that video as a training montage when the injury happened.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery but I also hope he actually stays out of WSM 2010 and lets it heal up properly. Porps for being such in inspiration though

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
^
Fuck. I was really getting into that video as a training montage when the injury happened.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery but I also hope he actually stays out of WSM 2010 and lets it heal up properly. Porps for being such in inspiration though[/quote]

He posted on facebook that he is competing.

Major bummer to Derek get injured. He has stated he’s competing but I don’t see how you could pick him as a favorite now. I hope he does well and is does not hurt further.

Top 5:

Z
Shaw
Shahlaei
Koklyaev
Skog

Really wouldn’t be surprised to see Travis up there either. He has taken some time off and should be fresh. Having trained with Shaw before he’s more than capable of winning the deal and he hasn’t competed much either. Looking forward to seeing what happens!

The odds are definitely against Derek, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the year he finally wins. Pudz did still compete after that calf injury after the (i think) 5th event a few years ago.

That’s a pretty bad injury to be recovering from in time to even compete, Let alone do well…

Just thought you might enjoy this. Richard Skog prepping for WSM 2010

Anybody heard any news thus far? Qualifying heats began yesterday and my Google Fu is not the best…

[quote]huffer wrote:
Anybody heard any news thus far? Qualifying heats began yesterday and my Google Fu is not the best…[/quote]

After day 1

group one
Brian Shaw
Steffan Solvi Peterson
Sstoyan Todarchev
Ettiene Smith
Uk guy
Mark Felix

Group Two
Terry Hollands
Rob Frampton
Derek
Richard
Alex
Heinne Jordan

Group three.
Travis
Ervin
lamas
polish guy don’t know
fifth darren.

Group four
z
Loz
nick
Louis
alde
warrick.
Bus pull.
Ervin
Travis
lamas.
Next group
shaw
Felix stojan.

Group five
Dave
Jason
mark w
misha
christian
rob frampton.

day 2

Group 1 stairs 225kg steps 24
1m. Brian Shaw (this is Shaws third event win out of 3)
2m. Solvi Petursson

GROUP 2 stairs 225kg steps 24
1m. Terry Hollands (Terrys second win out of two)
2m. Robert SzczepaÅ?ski
3m. Derek Poundstone (Poundstone has been 3rd tice)

deadlift comin up

shaw has won all 3 events so far, i think he has guaranteed a spot. terry has won 2 events. heres yesterdays events

1 Brian Shaw
2 Sölvi Pétursson

Group 2 - Giant farmers
…1 Terry Holands
2 Robert Szczepanski
3 Derek Poundstone

Group 3 - Medley
1 Travis Ortmayer
2 Ervin Katona

Group 4 - Giant farmers
1 Zydrunas Savickas
2 Laurence Shahlaei

Group 5 - Medley
1 Dave Ostlund
2 Mark Westaby
4 Misha Koklyaev and Rob Frampyon joint 4th Misha off to a poor start

and shaw won truck pull, katona won truck pull in his group, ort 2nd.

this all just copy/paste from 3rd hand info haha

they are really trying to not let the results leak this year, all the competitor’s if they post their results will forfeit their placing and $$.

Pretty ridiculous for a tv show that won’t air for 3 months and everyone who wants to know the results will still watch…

this is a spreadsheet is rawsome

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AvSNkChZOFN7dDVldnVHUGNtdDNPOVg3cVZZVk9YVlE&hl=en&gid=0

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AvSNkChZOFN7dDVldnVHUGNtdDNPOVg3cVZZVk9YVlE&hl=en&output=html

I feel sorry for my countryman Johannes Arsjo. He injured his calf the day before the qualifiers when he tested the tire that would be used in the medley. A real shame, he’s been looking good this year. He trains deadlift and press at my gym sometimes, both him and his coach are great guys.

He’s young though, he’ll be back.

anybody have the broadcast dates for this yet?