WSFSB Minor Lifts Progression

I know for the max effort and max repetition lifts your goal is to break last weeks record, but what about the secondary lifts? I know the former should be rotated ever two weeks and the latter every six, but I couldnt find in the article the protocol regarding increasing reps/weight with exercises such as reverse hypers, lat pulldowns, curls, etc.

Im new to this program style (came off of a 5x5 routine) so idk what to do!

Increase the weight whenever you feel it’s a good idea. The secondary lifts are there to get extra volume & hypertrophy so if you have to choose between more weight or better MMC and good form then choose the latter.

Don’t concern yourself over this, and you don’t have to track/record the weight you do on these assistance lifts. Just lift a challenging weight that allows you to stay in the given rep range

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
Don’t concern yourself over this, and you don’t have to track/record the weight you do on these assistance lifts. Just lift a challenging weight that allows you to stay in the given rep range[/quote]
Actually the assistance work is very important if you are picking the right stuff. If my hamstrings were weak I know I would be fighting hard to progress on glute-ham-raises, and romanian deadlifts everytime I did them.

My abs, and back are weak at the moment so I am attempting to hit personal records with the assistance work I picked for them every time I train. You won’t always be able to add five-ten pounds from last week, while doing the same reps, or add two-three reps per set. But you should always try to add some weight, or reps since the last time you did the exercise, or add more sets while keeping the reps consistent throughout (like 4X10 instead of 3X10 or 5X8 instead of 4X8).

The main thing is making progress on the ME work/big lifts, I wouldn’t even worry too much about PRs on the ‘max repetition’ lifts as long getting a good amount of volume. (By all means push it if feeling good that day though)

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
Don’t concern yourself over this, and you don’t have to track/record the weight you do on these assistance lifts. Just lift a challenging weight that allows you to stay in the given rep range[/quote]
Actually the assistance work is very important if you are picking the right stuff. If my hamstrings were weak I know I would be fighting hard to progress on glute-ham-raises, and romanian deadlifts everytime I did them.

My abs, and back are weak at the moment so I am attempting to hit personal records with the assistance work I picked for them every time I train. You won’t always be able to add five-ten pounds from last week, while doing the same reps, or add two-three reps per set. But you should always try to add some weight, or reps since the last time you did the exercise, or add more sets while keeping the reps consistent throughout (like 4X10 instead of 3X10 or 5X8 instead of 4X8). [/quote]

If you read my post, I never said it wasn’t important. I think your focus is misguided if you are busting your ass to hit PR’s on assistance work. All the focus should be on making PR’s in the max effort movements. Assistance work is there to do just that, assist.

This affirmed what I was thinking, thanks. Just wanted to check before I did anything. Also, what would you guys recommend as a good assistance workout for someone who gets back pain? It generally doesnt hurt when I deadlift, but if I slouch in a chair and tilt my chin toward my collar bone it feels like the area around my last disc is in pain.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
This affirmed what I was thinking, thanks. Just wanted to check before I did anything. Also, what would you guys recommend as a good assistance workout for someone who gets back pain? It generally doesnt hurt when I deadlift, but if I slouch in a chair and tilt my chin toward my collar bone it feels like the area around my last disc is in pain.[/quote]

I’d suggest you go to a doctor

i have at least 2 times and they havent done shit for me.