WS4SB Question

In the WS4SB program, on the lifts after the max effort lift or repetition lift, how much weight are you supposed to use? Are you supposed to use as much as you can for that rep range, or a lower percentage? Thanks for any help.

from what ive read, and experienced with this program, you shouldnt be going to failure on the supplemental lifts, try to keep one or two reps in the tank. Good luck with the program, look into doing some strongman training on a 4th day at the end of the week, if you have any questions i’ll try to help, ive been doing the program in cycles over the last year or so, its helped add almost 30 lbs to me, and really increased my strength, esp. with my squat.

Hey, thanks for the help. Not sure if I will be able to get any strongman training in, when I lived with my parents, I used to swing the sledge, and was going to get a tire to flip, but then I got married, and I dont think my wife would let me park a tire in our yard at our new house!! Thanks again!

I’m still with the parents, but i have to go outside the neighborhood to do that stuff, i just go down to a reservoir where there are big ass rocks, i shotput the smaller ones for about a half mile with each arm, and then i find the biggest one i can get up to my chest and carry it for a 1000 steps.

It frys my legs, works the lower back, and has actually helped me finally get my stubborn biceps to start growing again.

[quote]WS4adumbastard wrote:
from what ive read, and experienced with this program, you shouldnt be going to failure on the supplemental lifts, try to keep one or two reps in the tank. Good luck with the program, look into doing some strongman training on a 4th day at the end of the week, if you have any questions i’ll try to help, ive been doing the program in cycles over the last year or so, its helped add almost 30 lbs to me, and really increased my strength, esp. with my squat.[/quote]

I find that going to failure on one supplemental exercise and basically making that the ‘focus’ exercise of the supplementals works effectively as well.

For example, if you are doing an overhead press as your ME, you might do three sets of weighted push-ups, going to failure on the last set. It has worked well for me but must be done sparingly because its really intense.