WS4SB Question

We’re well and truly on our way to a very cold winter down this side of the world - well, in Melbourne at least

I’m spending the next five months hibernating in my garage, living on DeFranco’s Westside for Skinny Bastards program - with a view to coming out a lot bigger and stronger by late spring. I just began Week 1 a couple of days ago

My question is a pretty basic one:

When Joe writes, for example, “4 sets of 10-15 reps” for a particular exercise, does he mean for us to use the same weight on all four sets? That is, only the last set would be truly difficult. Or alternatively, should we begin with a heavy weight on the 1st set and keep reducing it on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th as we fatigue?

Also, anyone care to share their experiences on the program?

I just started this again after a long layoff due to injury and finals.

I use the same weight. It is harder on the last sets, but if it says 10-15 reps then i’ll pick a weight that i get 15 with, then usually be the 4th set i’ll be down to 10 reps.

I’ll keep using that weight until i can get the prescribed number of set and reps, then increase it.

Just the way i do it.

[quote]kung_fu_king wrote:
I just started this again after a long layoff due to injury and finals.

I use the same weight. It is harder on the last sets, but if it says 10-15 reps then i’ll pick a weight that i get 15 with, then usually be the 4th set i’ll be down to 10 reps.

I’ll keep using that weight until i can get the prescribed number of set and reps, then increase it.

Just the way i do it.[/quote]

Same thing I did.

I think it just depends on what you can recover from and how proficient you are.

A beginner will not be able to tax himself as much as a more advanced lifter on the ME stuff, so its more important to really stress yourself on the accessory lifts.

Just see what works for you, if your lifts are going up, that’s all that matters!

The recommendations are fuzzy because he gives you the luxury of doing what you want. You can increase the weight, lower the weight, just make sure you get 4 sets of 10-15 reps. Find what works best for you.

Cheers guys - see you all in five months