WS4SB Not Enough of a Workout

Hey everyone I just started the Westside for Skinny Bastards program 2 weeks ago… just wondering if anyone has tried this and what their results were… as of now i dont really feel like its enough of a workout.

Ok, well are your lifts going up steadily?

If they are, looks like it’s working.

[quote]The Jerminator wrote:
Hey everyone I just started the Westside for Skinny Bastards program 2 weeks ago… just wondering if anyone has tried this and what their results were… as of now i dont really feel like its enough of a workout.[/quote]

You could up the weights in the workout. It’s not really up to the program to be hard, it’s up to you to train hard.

I haven’t looked at it in a while, but I remember there only being one day of legs, and a “jump” day or something. I know this program was originally designed for athletes who were on their feet for their primary sport, ie: football, but for those of us who don’t play competitive sports; I think need legs at least twice a week. This is only my opinion though.

I’ve been using it for 6 weeks now… and it’s fantastic… if you put the intensity in… it’s MORE then enough of a workout… I’ve already gained 10lbs or so…

i play highschool baseball so 1 day of legs is good… I do train hard but its hard without a spotter… so far no muscle gains…shouldn’t see em for at least a month. anyone know of hypertrophy programs that are suppost to be really good or popular

You just started the program 2 weeks ago… give it some time…

If its not enough of a work out…

You aren’t doing it right. lol.

ok ill give it a good few months… thanks for help guys

I’ve used the program on numerous occasions without a spot, and have had no problem. I gained about 20lbs doing it too.

As far as not gaining any muscle, be sure to utilize your RE days as they are there for the specific purpose of hypertrophy. As well as eat enough to support muscle growth.

Its one of the most proven and popular progams discussed on these boards. Check out the thread in the strength forum. Also look up version III on DeFranco’s website

WS4SB is good because it can be heavily modified. You’re right that if you’re not doing a lot of conditioning or running (as a lot of the people DeFranco originally wrote the program for were) you could get away with adding another leg day. I know at DeFranco’s gym they usually do 2 uppers, one lower, and one strongman type day.

thanks a lot guys… and wow 20lbs of muscle gain! nice job man.

add some bulgarian split squats

make sure you’re eating to gain too. Simple, but lots of people blame the program when it’s their eating habits that are responsible for no gains.

Used this template for nearly a year with some phenomenal gains.

ya sounds like WSFSB has good results… eating a lot and trying to stay clean. is WSFSB 3 the best one to do? i noticed thers 3 parts

i just noticed this too, i plan on starting part III monday! never tried any of them before, so im stoked to give it a shot and see how it goes!

same here best of luck skimmy jimmy