WS4SB: Jump Training Progression

In general I go in three-week waves, decreasing the number of sets. I can’t give you a hard and fast rule for sets and reps because it does depend on the individual, but a sample might be:

Unweighted: 12 x 3
2nd week (10% bw): 10 x 3
3rd week (20% bw): 8 x 3

As far as box height goes, part of the reason why I don’t do the same height for all of the sets is that often you don’t know exactly what you’re capable of.

So do a couple sets at a height that is “comfortable” (you know you can get) and start increasing it until you get nervous about missing it. Generally I’ve found that a good box height is one that you can get but makes you a little nervous, like you have to focus to get up there.

Gotcha. I’ll try to feel it out this week. I may just try and work with changing heights until i find one that makes me a bit nervous, then add weight next week.

Today was DE lower day. I did the following:
Box Jumps 8x3, holding 2x7.5lbs DBs.
Box Heights(in inches):
24/28/29/29/29/29/30(no weight, I was nervous about getting this w/ weight)/30(holding DBs again)

Jtrinsey, I followed your advice and went for a height I was nervous about missing. I definitely had to focus to get the 30" jumps.