WS4SB II or III?

Hello guys. A few more quick questions:

1. Ive been doing the regular bench presses on my ME day for a while and just recently switched to the incline bench presses. When I try to use same technique (arching back little and using the posterior chain as support) I noticed my feet starting to slide forward little bit and therefore I cant get as much help from my glute and back muscles. Is that normally the case so that you have to do inclines without the posterior chain support or should there be another technique used for incline bench presses?

2. I just started doing push ups for my repetition upper body day. One of the variations calls for a barbell push up with weight. I have been managing to place a 45 lbs plate on my upper back and doing 3 sets of 15 with a good burn. I loved the fact that you have to maintain perfect form otherwise plate falls down from either side. However Id like to know what is the difference btw having your hands on the floor like normal push ups vs. barbell that 's couple inches of the floor. I am making an educated guess: Its not about raising your hands off the floor so that it would be an easier push up… lol

3. Do you guys know any source that shows and explains how to do goodmornings with a good form? I feel like this exercise going to be the major assistant to all my ME lower body exercises. But just wanted to be sure on the form before I go heavier.

Any thoughts and lessons are appreciated. Thank you.

1. Get your feet more underneath you.

2. Doing it on the barbell takes strain off your wrists. It also seems to make it easier to tuck your elbow back rather than flare them out. Not a HUGE difference though.

3. http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?tid=102&__N=Barbell%20Lifts

If you guys aren’t playing a sport I don’t see any reasonto do WS4SB over WS4SVB.

Besides few set of jumps, what makes WS4SB routine “for sport only”?

Lifting heavy, with moderate volume… Sounds like a good muscle building program.

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:

Lifting heavy, with moderate volume… Sounds like a good muscle building program.[/quote]

did you even look at the link I posted? It’s essentially WSFSB, with 2 lower body days, one based on the squat, one based on the deadlift. Which is FAR superior then doing a squat OR deadlift variant once a week if you aren’t running around constantly from sport practice.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Junior__23 wrote:

Lifting heavy, with moderate volume… Sounds like a good muscle building program.

did you even look at the link I posted? It’s essentially WSFSB, with 2 lower body days, one based on the squat, one based on the deadlift. Which is FAR superior then doing a squat OR deadlift variant once a week if you aren’t running around constantly from sport practice.[/quote]

It’s your opinion.

I know that program. And tell Louie Simmons he makes a mistake performing squat OR DL with his athletes…

It was a great difference for me to train only one main lift a week. My squat went from 420 to 470 and deadlift from 430 to 485 in few months…

Speed day really makes the difference.

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Junior__23 wrote:

did you even look at the link I posted? It’s essentially WSFSB, with 2 lower body days, one based on the squat, one based on the deadlift. Which is FAR superior then doing a squat OR deadlift variant once a week if you aren’t running around constantly from sport practice.

It’s your opinion.

I know that program. And tell Louie Simmons he makes a mistake performing squat OR DL with his athletes…

It was a great difference for me to train only one main lift a week. My squat went from 420 to 470 and deadlift from 430 to 485 in few months…

[/quote]

you don’t have a fucking clue what you’re talking about. WSFSB was written and employed by JOE DEFRANCO.

WSFSB doesn’t have a second weights day for lower body so you can recover and can go run, jump, and practice for sport.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Junior__23 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Junior__23 wrote:

It’s your opinion.

WSFSB doesn’t have a second weights day for lower body so you can recover and can go run, jump, and practice for sport.[/quote]

Have you ever seen WS4SB III template?

DeFranco added 4th (dynamic effort) day for lower body… The topic is: “WS4SB II or III?”, and you don’t even know the third edition… Shame…

And…? It’s still based on WB invented by Louie. I can’t see where’s your point.

Hey jtrinsey,

Thank you for the advices man. It makes sense to get my feet even more underneath me. Especially after watching westside videos of doing presses over 800 pounds lol. Wowww those guys literally bend themselves backwards. Thanks for the link also had all the exercises there. Duuhhh.

Hello Zephead4747,

Thank you for the link the program looks pretty good. Like you said, I dont see any reason why not to do 2ME lowerbody per week(or an 8-day cycle) instead of 1ME+1DE like in the WS4SB-III. However I dont think (this is only an opinion I cant say for sure) that Joe Defranco designed this last installment exclusively for the athletes. Since life itself has a little bit athleticism in itself for everybody. Like for me for example even though I dont train regularly for beach volley or anything, I would like to impress a few chicks at the beach with a good stable jump lol. But this is me of course, everybody has their choices and opinions which makes these forums a lot more exciting. Btw, I will do the viking program after finishing 2 more cycles with WS4SBIII. I will make it my "off-season" routine and switch to Defrancos routine towards summer.

Btw, what is the 5x5 program?

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Junior__23 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Junior__23 wrote:

It’s your opinion.

WSFSB doesn’t have a second weights day for lower body so you can recover and can go run, jump, and practice for sport.

Have you ever seen WS4SB III template?

DeFranco added 4th (dynamic effort) day for lower body… The topic is: “WS4SB II or III?”, and you don’t even know the third edition… Shame…

you don’t have a fucking clue what you’re talking about. WSFSB was written and employed by JOE DEFRANCO.

And…? It’s still based on WB invented by Louie. I can’t see where’s your point.[/quote]

I do know the difference, and I’m saying, You’d be better off training with weights, unless you have sports things to do. Knee jumps and stuff are NO WHERE near as intense as a deadlift session, giving you better recovery so you can practice, and do whatever you sport playing guys do without being too impeded by the training. WSFSB and the basic template somewhat similar, but still pretty different, nevermind you said WSFSB was written by louie…

[quote]serkan wrote:
Btw, what is the 5x5 program?[/quote]

google madcows 5x5

I’ve never written it’s (WS4SB) made by Louie. But it’s his idea to train only one max lower body lift a week. DeFranco copied that directly.

Grow up kid… Eat a lot, lift weights… Have a good luck.

EOT

Pick 3 I swithced mine up and added speed training and strongman to it

Mon: Repetition Upper Body and Speed training
Tues: ME Lower Body
Wed: Speed Training
Thurs: ME Upper Body
Fri: DE Lower body Speed training
Sat: Speed training
Sun: Strongman

4 weeks in and gained 13 lbs

[quote]qbkill wrote:
Pick 3 I swithced mine up and added speed training and strongman to it