WS4SB Gains

In one year of the WS4SB program I added 95 lbs. to my bench and 200 lbs. to my deadlift and squat (combined). It was my first year of REAL training and it made me far more athletic than I was a year before. I’m still no Hulk, but I added 45 lbs. of muscle in the process and just had the best basketball season of my life.

I was just wondering what kind of gains others made on the program and specifically if they use any modifications to it that are successful.

45lbs pounds of muscle in a year…What your secrets…hum…no water or fat…only muscle…

95lbs on your bench and 100lbs on your squat and deadlift does not = 45lbs of muscle.

If you gained 45lbs then some is definitely fat, but thats not to say that you haven’t made great progress.

However, that progress alone doesn’t say much for the program, if your new to lifting you could have done better than that with 5x5 or something simple like that.

What are your current lifts?

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
95lbs on your bench and 100lbs on your squat and deadlift does not = 45lbs of muscle.

If you gained 45lbs then some is definitely fat, but thats not to say that you haven’t made great progress.

However, that progress alone doesn’t say much for the program, if your new to lifting you could have done better than that with 5x5 or something simple like that.

What are your current lifts? [/quote]

Better than 100lbs on bench and 200lbs on squat and dl. Are you kidding me? Even for a newb that is amazing progress no matter what program did it. And for an athlete WS4SB is way better then 5x5.

I will write it down when i have trained some month with the WS4SB 3 template. In 4 weeks i can`t say anything but that it makes fun to train this program and that i think it could get me forward.

How old are you? When you’re a teen, 45 pounds of muscle is definetley possible in a year depending on the timing, your genetics, and if you have just a bare minimum level of good nutrition lol.

When I was 16-17, I put a good 20+ pounds on and got a lot faster/more explosive in 4-5 months doing bench, hammer strength machines, curls, and abs!

I’m only 16 so I think that may have caused confusion. For a full-grown man 45 lbs. probably would be questionable, but for a teenager it is not that big a deal (it sure wasn’t easy though). My best friend has been training with me the whole time and he added 40 lbs. of muscle and even more lbs. to his bench than I did.

On a side note: does anyone know of some SUPER high calorie protein powder. The only real high calorie shakes I can find really AREN’T actually that packed with calories, they just require you to use a million scoops.Thanks

Hey man, don’t bother wasting your money on protein powder. Eat steak, fish, chicken, eggs, fruit, beans, wheat bread, oatmeal, rice, and sweet potatoes and keep working hard! You’ll be jacked my friend, nothing can ever replace real food. Also, drink some organic milk every now and then :wink:

Do you play any sports? What are your training goals?

[quote]bball-muscle wrote:
I’m only 16 so I think that may have caused confusion. For a full-grown man 45 lbs. probably would be questionable, but for a teenager it is not that big a deal (it sure wasn’t easy though). My best friend has been training with me the whole time and he added 40 lbs. of muscle and even more lbs. to his bench than I did.

On a side note: does anyone know of some SUPER high calorie protein powder. The only real high calorie shakes I can find really AREN’T actually that packed with calories, they just require you to use a million scoops.Thanks [/quote]

I just use dried egg whites. You can get a ten pound tub for around $50, and one tablespoon of that contains 12 grams of protein. I just load the blender up with a scoop or two of that, some peanut butter, milk, banana, and whatever else I might want to add. Maybe some olive oil if I really want to up the calories.

[quote]Pemdas wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:

What are your current lifts?

Better than 100lbs on bench and 200lbs on squat and dl. Are you kidding me? Even for a newb that is amazing progress no matter what program did it. And for an athlete WS4SB is way better then 5x5. [/quote]

freshmen at my school train over summer for football, most average about 100lbs on their squat in the 10-12 weeks, going from not doing deadlifts to doing deadlifts can easily be 100lbs in 10-12 weeks and when you first start benching you can easily put tons of weight on your bench.

Learning proper form alone with a few weeks to get used to it is good for close to 50lbs on the big 3 when your new.

My second year of training I started squats and deadlifts, went from 350-500 dead and 225-455 or something like that on squat and I wasnt consistent with my training.

100lbs on each lift is hardly amazing progress when your new, I would say average at BEST for a healthy male. I would be more inclined to say its not very good progress for 1 year when your new than I would be to say its good progress.

And WS4SB isnt “better” for a athlete than 5x5, most “athletes” in highschool barley lift. And would do better increasing their basic lifts with a little bit higher volume than west side for skiny bastards.

When you squat 275, dead 365, and bench 245 chances are you are better off just training bench than you are doing board presses with bands. And just squating and deadlifting than you are doing saftey squat bar goodmornings and super wide box squats with tons of chains and band tension.

On a side note: does anyone know of some SUPER high calorie protein powder. The only real high calorie shakes I can find really AREN’T actually that packed with calories, they just require you to use a million scoops.Thanks [/quote]

what are your current lifts?

I’m definitely going to start eating more real food instead of protein drinks, I was looking at the nutrition facts for stuff like chicken, beans, oatmeal, etc. and I was very impressed.

As far as protein drinks the egg-white tub sounds like a good idea.

My current lifts are pretty dang close to what “mega newb” guessed in his post. My bench is at 245, squat 285, and deadlift 335.

I know these aren’t impressive to anyone on this site, but keep in mind I’m a basketball player, not a powerlifter, and my lifting only matters to me if it makes me better on the court.

As a weakling freshman I didn’t know how I would get any college interest, but now at the end of my soph. year I’m starting to get letters from D1 schools, which is great because my main goal is a college scholarship.

iso mass xtreme. 30 servings for 30-40$ iirc.

I’m definitely going to start eating more real food instead of protein drinks, I was looking at the nutrition facts for stuff like chicken, beans, oatmeal, etc. and I was very impressed.

As far as protein drinks the egg-white tub sounds like a good idea.

My current lifts are pretty dang close to what “mega newb” guessed in his post. My bench is at 245, squat 285, and deadlift 335.

I know these aren’t impressive to anyone on this site, but keep in mind I’m a basketball player, not a powerlifter, and my lifting only matters to me if it makes me better on the court.

As a weakling freshman I didn’t know how I would get any college interest, but now at the end of my soph. year I’m starting to get letters from D1 schools, which is great because my main goal is a college scholarship. [/quote]

Ok, in a situation, your gains dont say much for the program. Because you could have made those gains with with any number of programs.

However, its progress and 100lbs on your lifts is nothing to talk shit about for a years work.

Good job, I wasnt trying to talk shit. Just trying to figure out how well the program really worked in comparison to other programs.