WS4SB and Rugby

Would this be good for an out of season rugby player? Thinking about doing the strength/speed template

Yup.

Like for the max effort lifts on the speed template, would rotating exercises still be necessary even though I would be working with 80-82% of my 1rm instead of a true 3-5rm?

[quote]FexedOut wrote:
Like for the max effort lifts on the speed template, would rotating exercises still be necessary even though I would be working with 80-82% of my 1rm instead of a true 3-5rm?[/quote]

It would be ideal. OF course, you could just keep any given lift in the program for 2-3 weeks at a time, so it’d go like

week 1-3: bench press
week 4-6: floor press
week 7-9: incline press

The idea behind this is to avoid stagnation and overuse injuries while still pushing hard.

Also, how many exercises should I rotate between for max effort?

Would flat bench and incline bench for upper and back and front squat for lower be enough for rotating or should I add a 3rd exercise to rotate between?

week 1-3: Flat Bench
week 4-6: Incline
week 7-9: Back to flat

or
Week 1-3: Flat Bench
Week 4-6: Board Press
Week 7-9: Incline Bench

Remember, the goal of the ME movements isn’t to get better at the movement or stronger at it: it’s just to learn how to strain. Don’t get too wrapped around the axle about what movement to use. Rotate through a few and see what works for you.