T Nation

WS4SB and Max Rep

Hey guys, i just started WS4SB and on the Max Rep. Upper Body do you think it would go against the programming to instead of doing some kind of bench press/pushup/dip, to instead do SOHP with a proportionate weight?

You want to do standing overhead press instead of bench pressing?

Thats rare.

Does the program say that you can only do one of the three exercises that you mentioned?

-Zep

I wouldn’t think its a problem, but if I remember correctly, you are supposed to be getting like 60+ reps in the 3 sets. To get 60+ reps, I would probably be using the bar only, which sounds pretty lame. I’d rather rep out 135 on the bench.

[quote]Zeppelin0731 wrote:
You want to do standing overhead press instead of bench pressing?

Thats rare.

Does the program say that you can only do one of the three exercises that you mentioned?

-Zep[/quote]
Not particularly, DeFranco gives a list of exercises one could choose from but they all seem to be variations of the above

wtf are you talking about?

[quote]gabex wrote:
I wouldn’t think its a problem, but if I remember correctly, you are supposed to be getting like 60+ reps in the 3 sets. To get 60+ reps, I would probably be using the bar only, which sounds pretty lame. I’d rather rep out 135 on the bench.[/quote]

Haha I am beyond confused. Have you considered doing incine dumbell bench?

-Zep