T Nation

WS4SB 3 for Size and Strength?

I’m looking to get bigger and stronger over the summer. Would this program be good for both size and strength? I’ve been lifting for over a year.

dood,

1. Yes that program will work great
  2. Expect flames about not using the search

i 2nd coyote

I don’t think the search engine would have helped as much as actually reading the program.

my search doesn’t work. I did read the program.

Well did you watch any of his youtube videos or watch any of the before and after pictures at the end ?

his a lvl 4 and his only been training for a bit over one year. That’s a lot of supplements.

Hehe Alex just what i was thinking when i first saw him…

Besides that when will there come some other athlete program than WS4SB i think that every athlete should bench at least 225 times 5 and squat 315 before they get WS4SB full potential… or maybe athletes beneat that just havent learnt to traing properly with intensity and stuff…

[quote]colin1168 wrote:
my search doesn’t work. I did read the program.[/quote]

Defranco mentions in his program that he uses it to get his athletes bigger and stronger. Then you go and ask if it will get you bigger and stronger?

I seriously doubt you actually read the program. You may have looked at the exercises, but, that isn’t reading the program.

It’s not like hes gonna say that his program doesn’t work. Maybe some people shouldn’t believe everything they read…

What version? Full on with the cardio days too? or the washed up meathead style?

You need to be in “good lifting shape” to be able to handle the workload of that program.

Recovery ability becomes the limiting factor on a routine like that with the max effort lifts and go to failure repetition days.
better have your diet spot on also with alot of calories…

[quote]colin1168 wrote:
It’s not like hes gonna say that his program doesn’t work. Maybe some people shouldn’t believe everything they read…[/quote]

I would normally agree with you. But, after dong some research and seeing that Joe Defranco has sent a lot of high school athletes to college (on scholarship) and a lot of college guys to the NFL, I’ll try out his program based on what he says. That is if I want to get bigger and stronger.

[quote]Arioch wrote:
colin1168 wrote:
It’s not like hes gonna say that his program doesn’t work. Maybe some people shouldn’t believe everything they read…

I would normally agree with you. But, after dong some research and seeing that Joe Defranco has sent a lot of high school athletes to college (on scholarship) and a lot of college guys to the NFL, I’ll try out his program based on what he says. That is if I want to get bigger and stronger.
[/quote]

True enough, I’ll check to see videos/pics of him and his training

Yeah its smart not believe everything you read, but Defranco’s program is legit, its based on what is done by Louie Simmons at Westside Barbell which has worked for a lot of guys. It will definitely work for you I think.

Another reason I like it more than most is it gives you options on what to do for every exercise, and leaves you with the ability to use a ton of variety, its really a template more than a program.