Write Poems or Short Stories?

Does anyone here write poems or short-stories?I have about 15 pages of poems that I have written,I don’t like writing shot stories but I do like reading them.Anyone else write?

C’mon guys,I know there have to be a few of you who write(excluding article authors).

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
C’mon guys,I know there have to be a few of you who write(excluding article authors).[/quote]

Yeah, I write short stories. My old machine (which housed most of them) went kaput on me last year :(.

[quote]enrac wrote:
Yeah, I write short stories. My old machine (which housed most of them) went kaput on me last year :(.[/quote]

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
My drive went dead,
Backups were due.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Words from my head,
I’m left with few.

Short stories. 2/3 of the way done w/ my first novel. Currently getting my MFA in creative writing at Emerson College in Boston.

nice man,I had to write one on weather in english last year,and was supposed to be funny so I wrote

It’s a beautiful day
I won the lottery
Katrina just came
So now I live in poverty

I got an “A”,my teacher was laughing so hard.

I wrote some poetry for while. I actually wrote my first for a girl for her birthday present since I figured she never got a poem from any of her crappy boyfriends. It wasn’t romantic, and was sort of a joke, but gawd what an intellectual whore I was.

Writing was actually very cathartic during a period of depression. Some of those poems were pretty dark. Writing is very good therapy. I highly recommend it.

I wrote a piece that was just absolutely fucking brilliant, but an ex- friend offered some suggestions on it, which I mistakenly took. Now he claims HE wrote the poem. That piece of work caused me more grief than my meth freak ex-girlfriend, so I write very little anymore.

I did write one after having a nightmare several weeks ago. It’s called “Despair is a HotDog”. Some of my stuff is just plain odd, obviously.

Sorry, just rambling.

hey guys

yea i write poetry and shorts but i also write for a newspaper too - come on guys i’m sure they’re more of us around here, especially on a site like this.

peace

[quote]yorik wrote:
It’s called “Despair is a HotDog”.[/quote]

Post it.

Yeah i write mate. Are we posting stuff? Cause if we are i’ll put ‘Small kings of all the beaches’ on here. I’d be really interested to see some work from people.

Since I asked,I’ll share mine first.I wrote this for school in the spring.

Mirror
Oh mirror
Thou art so cruel
I strive and strive
And work so hard
But still you will not
Show me
A man

[quote]pookie wrote:
yorik wrote:
It’s called “Despair is a HotDog”.

Post it.
[/quote]

Look in my blog.

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
Since I asked,I’ll share mine first.I wrote this for school in the spring.

Mirror
Oh mirror
Thou art so cruel
I strive and strive
And work so hard
But still you will not
Show me
A man
[/quote]

That’s good.

Thank you,when I first started most were about girls(easy to get a train of thought going…hehe)and gradually I was able to write about other stuff.

He is hard to live with
He is stubborn
He is cruel
He is wrong at times
He cares about his hair more than me
He hates it when I talk
He always talks about his bod

But…

He is mine :slight_smile: <3 oooo !

I was serious…if you wanna post something you made up 3 minutes ago then go do it somewhere else