Wrist Wraps

Hey guys just wanted to know what brand of wrist wraps do you recommend/use, because I want to buy wraps for bench pressing since they have been bothering me.

[quote]TheChosenOne98 wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to know what brand of wrist wraps do you recommend/use, because I want to buy wraps for bench pressing since they have been bothering me.[/quote]

I use the lighter version of SBD wrist wraps for bench, OHP (and low bar squats sometimes) and am satisfied. I owned a pair of very cheap ones before and noticed the difference.

I have a pair of the titan titanium wraps and also a longer pair of inzer wraps, a 24" wrap should be enough for what you need.

I’ve been using Iron Wrist Wraps Z from Inzer for the past 2 years for benching and squatting and they’re still great, best $17 I ever spent on lifting. Can’t recommend them enough

Metal silver wrist wraps -very uncomfortable at full tightness but are 100% locked in and will pretty much set you up for an instant PR.
Wear them super loose for regular training or use some cheap generic ones got off amazon for 7 bucks

I have a very cheap pair. I fell on my wrist tripping over a trap bar. I threw my arm down a little too hard.

They are fine for the most part, a bit uncomfortable when tightened but that’s what there for. They are most useful lowering heavier than 1rm weights. It feels very solid no trouble at all. You could get a cheap pair to see if you like using them and then buy a better one.

I’ve just got some shitty elitefts ones. Whatever their cheapest ones are, they’re red and like 10 bucks. I don’t think it matters much if you’re not benching a whole lot. My bench is just under 400, and I haven’t felt like my wraps are holding me back. Going from not using wraps at all to using these made a HUGE difference for me though. I never bench or OHP over 200 without them now.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Metal silver wrist wraps -very uncomfortable at full tightness but are 100% locked in and will pretty much set you up for an instant PR.
Wear them super loose for regular training or use some cheap generic ones got off amazon for 7 bucks[/quote]

I live my silvers.

Tried both the Gangsta Wraps and the Inzer Iron Wrist Wraps Z. It’s easier for me to get a tight fit on the Inzer. I can get the Gangstas just as tight but it just takes a lil more effort. I however do prefer using the Gangsta Wraps cause well… They look cooler, ahahahaha. That being said, saying my bench is shitty, is beyond an understatement.

I like my Inzer True Blacks but I don’t love them: they lack stiffness. I can imagine when (eventually) my bench becomes more respectable I’ll need something stiffer. They’d be fine as starters, though, I’m sure. I’m considering a some Metal ones at some point fairly soon.

I’ve been powerlifting since 1995. Just last year, I decided to design and produce a limited line of gear to my own personal specifications…Darksyde Ironwear was born. Knee/Elbow sleeves, Knee/Wrist wraps, t-shirts, and a benchpress band called the Nemesis. Customer reviews have been phenomenal. I assure you that my Renegade wraps are better than any of the ones listed in the above comments.

One design change in my wrist wraps that no other company is doing (but I’m sure will copy it soon)…I have 3" wide mega Velcro. Longer life and better grab…it just made sense. You can view all the products on FB by searching Darksyde Ironwear. To purchase, contact me directly as I am still working out the website construction.

I used Titan THP’s for 2 years and I loved them, until the velcro started dying. I now use flexi SBD’s and they’re different but I like them. Gangsta wraps are ok too, though a bit soft imo

I like the eliteFTS ones, the super stiff ones, you cant bend your wrist at all when wrapped correctly, they grip your wrists nicely.

But, the velcrow doesn’t last long on them, maybe 3 months at a time, then have to buy a new set.

Super Beast Pro Gear wraps