Wrist Wraps for Throwers

This is for any people who throw shot put or even discus. I was thinking about buying a pair of wrist wraps. does anyone here use them or recommend them? if so, which brand should i get, and which length should i get?

One side note- i have read the rules and see that the wraps are legal for college. i throw in high school and cant seem to find any ruling on wrist wraps in particular. i have read tape is legal up to the lines of ones wrist where the hand meets. along with the wrap recommendations, and verification of their legality in high school?

thanks very much.

Tom

why not just use tape it gives you a much tighter feel. Yes their legal, any wrist wrap should be fine longer just means tighter. You just can’t have the thumb strap on though you would not want it anyways. Don’t use it for discus though I can’t think of any discus throwers who use it would mess up release.

If you haven’t been using tape of wrist wraps then start as soon as possible its pretty critical for release and to prevent injury of wrist.

yup i threw for my high school this year and was hitting about 44 feet started using tape it felt alot more secure and my wrist didnt hurt as much plus i got a new pr at 46 feet. i never tried wraps but i thought tape works fine. but on discus i wouldnt use it cause it felt weird on my release

I misread the original post and lol’d cause I thought it said wrist STRAPS for throwing, lol.

Didnt want to start a new thread for this.

Does anyone know what kind of wrap or wrist supporter Margus Hunt is using in this video:

It can be very clearly seen at 56 seconds in until about 1:15 seconds. The wrap seems “stretchy”. Are all wraps like this, or is that a specific kind?

thanks a ton.

[quote]TomRocco wrote:

Does anyone know what kind of wrap or wrist supporter Margus Hunt is using in this video:

It can be very clearly seen at 56 seconds in until about 1:15 seconds. The wrap seems “stretchy”. Are all wraps like this, or is that a specific kind?

thanks a ton. [/quote]

There all the same, http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/62252 this is the exact one he was using, some are longer though longer just means tighter really the smallest size is more then enough-I’ve only used 20’’ ones though-.

[quote]shizen wrote:
TomRocco wrote:

thanks a ton.

There all the same, http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/62252 this is the exact one he was using, some are longer though longer just means tighter really the smallest size is more then enough-I’ve only used 20’’ ones though-. [/quote]

I personally have used both the Inzer and other similar companies including the one Marcus is using and i find that you can’t be as specific in feel and tightness as plain old athletic tape, but its a whole lot easier to wrap and unwrap and you don’t have to worry about it getting all soggy when you sweat and loose its stick. i find around 20 inches is best. maybe even the shorter one could work well, but i have had many throwers complain about anything around 24" or bigger, just too much bulk and awkward feeling.

[quote]shizen wrote:
TomRocco wrote:

thanks a ton.

There all the same, http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/62252 this is the exact one he was using, some are longer though longer just means tighter really the smallest size is more then enough-I’ve only used 20’’ ones though-. [/quote]

I think it might be the Titan titanium wrist wrap:
http://www.titansupport.com/products/wraps/wraps.htm