Wrist/Palm Pain While Training

i’ll try to explain… i have a weird pain at the base of my palm meeting the wrist on my pinky side of my right hand. First off i do maybe 3-4 olympic lifts at the start of my workouts during the week, I workout just 3 days a week. mostly full body. Squats, bench, hang cleans, hang cleans + push press. Lots of back, bent over rows. inverted rows, lat pulls, lots of pullups and chins, pullups every workout actually. Some shoulder presses. My workouts are very balanced. I usually finish with small muscle groups like biceps and triceps or rotator cuff work at the end.

AT first i thought my pain stemmed from a bout in the gym where i was lifting 70 pound db’s from a seated position onto a bench for 15 rep bench pressing. I felt the pain doing this as i lifted the weight and again when dropping the weight back to the floor after the set was finished. Now im still doing these but have spotters now. I don’t feel pain when i do these. I only feel it when placing my hand and wrist in the situation i just described. I’ve been feeling this pain since July 7th. It is however not debilitating. Ive added wrist rolls http://i.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Wrist_Roller_Grip_Roller_Forearm_Strength_f_ezr.jpg

using this contraption.
Im not bothered by doing oly’s or overhead or any push or pull. except maybe headbangers and stability or med ball pushups, where my hand is placed in the situation i described earlier.

If anybody has any answers, im all ears

[quote]Illiptical360 wrote:
i’ll try to explain… i have a weird pain at the base of my palm meeting the wrist on my pinky side of my right hand. First off i do maybe 3-4 olympic lifts at the start of my workouts during the week, I workout just 3 days a week. mostly full body. Squats, bench, hang cleans, hang cleans + push press. Lots of back, bent over rows. inverted rows, lat pulls, lots of pullups and chins, pullups every workout actually. Some shoulder presses. My workouts are very balanced. I usually finish with small muscle groups like biceps and triceps or rotator cuff work at the end.

AT first i thought my pain stemmed from a bout in the gym where i was lifting 70 pound db’s from a seated position onto a bench for 15 rep bench pressing. I felt the pain doing this as i lifted the weight and again when dropping the weight back to the floor after the set was finished. Now im still doing these but have spotters now. I don’t feel pain when i do these. I only feel it when placing my hand and wrist in the situation i just described. I’ve been feeling this pain since July 7th. It is however not debilitating. Ive added wrist rolls http://i.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Wrist_Roller_Grip_Roller_Forearm_Strength_f_ezr.jpg

using this contraption.
Im not bothered by doing oly’s or overhead or any push or pull. except maybe headbangers and stability or med ball pushups, where my hand is placed in the situation i described earlier.

If anybody has any answers, im all ears

[/quote]

I get a the same type of pain whenever I do bicep curls.

i had the same thing a little while back. what worked for me was wearing wrist wraps during the exercises that cause you pain, and in the meantime, strengthening the entire wrist and forearm area. I got them when I did curls, but now that my forearms and wrists are much stronger, it doesnt hurt at all.

What your prob experiencing is a mild form of CTS.

Wrist wraps will help - APT do the best on the planet.

also icing them after heavy sessions will also help.