Wrist Pain - Help

Hello,

I have recently started to get wrist pain. If it helps I use suicide grip for OHP, Bench and High bar squat. At home sometimes i can barely lift anything but when lifting normally it feels fine. So I’m not sure what I could do, Should I buy wrist wraps or could it be something else?

Thanks

Is it on the outside of the wrist?

yes, it only seems to hurt when at home though

Yeah mine does that too, I think it’s just a byproduct of compound lifts and my job personally.

Jeff Cavalier has some drills:

I usually do the one where he talks about using your fingers to “seperate” your wrist, then I wrap it in a voodoo floss band, seems to make it go away. (This is not a permanent fix, it still happens to me regularly)

Thanks, I have just started 5/3/1 which is mainly all compound lifts so that could be the reason.

What’s up man, I have dealt with wrist pain before too and it’s not something to just wave off. I would 100% recommend that you should NOT buy wrist straps because then you’re starting to play with different recruitment patterns and ignoring the pain. I think you should focus more on therapy sessions for the wrist. When I get pain in places I always go to the internet and search through mass amounts of exercises that I can do to better strengthen that part of body, and as a result I rarely ever get pain anymore. Hope all gets better bro

1 Like