T Nation

Wrist Damage, GHRP6 or GH?

So long story short, at work the other day, I ruined my wrist. I went to my doc who said he suspected some sort of ligament damage. He ordered an MRI and I am waiting to go to that. If it is ligament damage like he suspects, I know it will take a long time to heal. So I would like to try and speed that up with some Chondroitin, MSM, Fish oil type supplements etc. I would also like to use some type of GH product. I can get
GHRP6 5mg/16$ a vial
GH-Domestic 3$/iu

which is better for the money? I think that GH is suppose to be more effective, but would it be significantly more effective that the extra money would be worth it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks yall!

Yes.

Well - i guess it depends.

Have you used either before?

How do you intend to use the GH?

GH will give better results, BUT G6 will work to some extent. If a very bad and potentially long rehab injury, go with the GH IMO.

I have not used GH (for that or any purpose) but have used G6 for that purpose, which did seem to expedite the recovery - which was not severe anyway.

Knowing GH is just so much more effective at raising GH levels, that is the basis for my opinion…

[quote]J-J wrote:
Yes.

[/quote]
I have used GHRP6 before, I like it, but I never noticed drastic change.

I was thinking 2.5iu, IM, in the morning along with a mega dose of cartilage growth supporting supps.

It certainly isn’t a complete tear or anything, but it is quite painful and almost impossible to hold a pan or open a door.

[quote]
I have not used GH (for that or any purpose) but have used G6 for that purpose, which did seem to expedite the recovery - which was not severe anyway.

Knowing GH is just so much more effective at raising GH levels, that is the basis for my opinion…[/quote]

Okay, so it sounds like you’re leaning towards the GH being better more worthwhile as well. Thats what my thought was, I just was hoping I was wrong lol.

Thanks for the reponse, JJ.

[quote]Detroitlionsbaby wrote:
J-J wrote:
Yes.

I was thinking 2.5iu, IM, in the morning along with a mega dose of cartilage growth supporting supps.

GH will give better results, BUT G6 will work to some extent. If a very bad and potentially long rehab injury, go with the GH IMO.

It certainly isn’t a complete tear or anything, but it is quite painful and almost impossible to hold a pan or open a door.

Knowing GH is just so much more effective at raising GH levels, that is the basis for my opinion…

Okay, so it sounds like you’re leaning towards the GH being better more worthwhile as well. Thats what my thought was, I just was hoping I was wrong lol.

[/quote]

There’s a reason GH is so much more expensive than the other peptides (particularly GHRP-6).

One thing I can tell you from personal experience is that you will not not notice a drastic change. Well, I don’t know if “drastic” will be the operative word at 2.5iu/d, but I do certainly think it will go a long way toward helping you to recover more quickly (possibly much more quickly) than you otherwise would have.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Detroitlionsbaby wrote:
J-J wrote:
Yes.

There’s a reason GH is so much more expensive than the other peptides (particularly GHRP-6).

One thing I can tell you from personal experience is that you will not not notice a drastic change. Well, I don’t know if “drastic” will be the operative word at 2.5iu/d, but I do certainly think it will go a long way toward helping you to recover more quickly (possibly much more quickly) than you otherwise would have. [/quote]

Hi Cortes, thanks for your response.

I know you ran the GH protocol, did that help your joints at all? Do you think that protocol would be worth running for an injury, or is 2-3iu/day my best bet?

I can’t say too accurately, as I did not have any real joint problems to begin with. However, I do find myself to be somewhat injury prone, either because I don’t do enough supplementary work/stretching/etc, or I push myself too hard (probably the former, though :wink:

What I can say is that I probably pushed myself harder than I ever have during the first 4 months of the GH protocol, and yet I have not had a single problem with injuries. There were even a couple of moments in which I felt something that could have been wrong that might have developed into something more, but never did. It’s been a very nice, injury free 6 months, and I feel, overall, terrific.

None of this is very scientific, I’m sorry to admit, but, after 15 years of consistent training, and 6 years of really informed, focused training, I have to say that I have come to be able to read my body very, very well, and I feel confident in relating the above as due in part to the addition of high quality GH administered in an effective manner.

Good to hear that you are going to IM route, too. Looks like you’ve been doing your reading.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for that in-depth answer Cortes. I waited a little to respond because I was hoping to find out by now what exactly is wrong, but still no answer. So for right now my plan is this

500mg/week test to prevent muscle loss during recovery
Resistance wind sprints 3 days a week
1 day of machine leg work a week
Lots of food

I can’t decide if the GH is worth the pricetag. I don’t make a lot of money, so I am hesitant to put out that much money for a less than optimal chanec the GH would help.

Anybody have any other advice?

Testosterone at that dose is supposed to have a negative impact on collagen synthesis.

I doubt it is something that one notices in a matter of weeks… but seeing as it is a recovery ‘cycle’ I personally would use less than 200mg a week (as this is the upper limit of the amount that is beneficial to collagen synthesis) and possibly add another AAS that is also ‘pro-collagen’.

JMO

[quote]J-J wrote:
Testosterone at that dose is supposed to have a negative impact on collagen synthesis.

I doubt it is something that one notices in a matter of weeks… but seeing as it is a recovery ‘cycle’ I personally would use less than 200mg a week (as this is the upper limit of the amount that is beneficial to collagen synthesis) and possibly add another AAS that is also ‘pro-collagen’.

JMO[/quote]

i agree…this would be your better route

Also, $3/iu is right on the threshold of “too expensive,” imo. I pay between $1-$1.50 (I’m sorry, but I cannot give any sources, so please I do not PM me asking for any…this is not directed at you, OP, just so you know).

If you are only using the GH for rehab, though, you may be able to get plenty even at $3/iu. I just don’t really know the proper “rehab” dosages, and would look to someone more informed than myself in this matter. I wish you the best, either way.

[quote]morepain wrote:
J-J wrote:

JMO

i agree…this would be your better route
[/quote]

Okay, any compounds that you guys had in mind specifically? I have read about winstrols ability to increase Pro-collagen III I think it was. I also know deca has reputation for helping. Any others?

Right now I have EQ on hand so what about something like

Test 200mg/week Frontloaded
EQ- 400mg/week Frontloaded

Thanks guys!

[quote]Cortes wrote:

If you are only using the GH for rehab, though, you may be able to get plenty even at $3/iu. I just don’t really know the proper “rehab” dosages, and would look to someone more informed than myself in this matter. I wish you the best, either way.[/quote]

I appreciate it cortes.

Hopefully BBB will have some time and if I am lucky will chime in. I also had a question that maybe you could answer Cortes. Now, I know that IM is recommended because it is closer to mimicking the bodies natural release pattern BUT would I not want a constant increased level if I was looking for rehab purposes? Or does that still not make sense?

thank you for your time!

The Eq and T run is fine :wink:

Are you going to keep working the other side of your upper body? I would recommend it.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
Are you going to keep working the other side of your upper body? I would recommend it. [/quote]

I dont really see how, my wrist is completely out of action. I cant even hold a pan, how am I suppose to do that??

I am actually asking. Any tips on how I can best preserve all my mass is appreciated.

[quote]J-J wrote:
The Eq and T run is fine ;)[/quote]

Great, Thanks J-J! I read a very interesting thread between you and BR about IGF and GHRP that was good stuff! Do you think I should look into the IGF during this time?

[quote]Detroitlionsbaby wrote:
J-J wrote:
The Eq and T run is fine :wink:

Great, Thanks J-J! I read a very interesting thread between you and BR about IGF and GHRP that was good stuff! Do you think I should look into the IGF during this time?[/quote]

First let me pay respect to you for having what looks like a good physique. :wink:

I can’t really say…

IGF i have used probably 3 times, and that is cause i bought 2mg the first and only time i bought it and only use 20mcg/day for 4 weeks at a time.
I got results from it… i must say i don’t add weight or size on it or anytime soon after, and i dont notice any performance improvements or testicle ‘growth’.
I also only use it on cycle - i want it to GROW not maintain!

But i honestly suspect that it DOES in fact induce hyperplasia and this is the reason why i am finding it (relatively*) easy to add recent muscle.

*I do not by any stretch of the imagination mean easy, but more that the past 20lbs has gone on easier than the 20lbs before it…

Cortes on the other hand has used it many more times than I and has no love. So due to all this being subjective and anecdotal - who the fook knows?!

It may or may not work.
If it is expensive do not bother.

depending on the damage you have, test and EQ can help out alot…
I used a small amount of each, and had a friend run the same protocal (100mg a week/both)…for an achilles rupture…in both cases the rehab went along very well, with very little loss in strenght.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.