T Nation

Wrestlings Done-Bulking Time

Alright thanks to wrestling season I have dropped from 5'7'' 165lb (14% BF) to a slim 145lb(~10%) while experiencing some strength loss as well. I have no experience beginning lifting again after an intense drop like this, so my question is what is the best, most effective means by which to recover lost ground? I'm speaking in terms of programming/diet- I was leaning towards a crap load of whole milk and something simple like rippetoes or some other 5x5, what would you guys suggest? Just FYI I'm 16 lifting about 1 yr 8 months with some relatively respectable numbers(given my age/size) when i was 165

You're on the money with milk and 5x5. Do that.

If you value your endocrine function and future muscle mass, please don't blindly obey your wrestling coach and try to stay in a particular weight class while you're growing. Your future gains are much more valuable than him having a 'well-rounded' team (when he says that, it means he has all the weight classes covered, giving him the highest number of potential wins).

You'll be hitting a growth spurt soon, and a very important one. If you're eating like a horse and lifting like a madman (a madman that keeps decent form and keeps recovery in mind, but a madman nonetheless), you'll be one big bastard in a short amount of time. If you're eating like a bird to make weight, whether you lift or not, you'll screw yourself out of future awesomeness.

Tell Coach where to shove his featherweight trophy, then bask in the awesomeness.

A big x2 to everything JayPierce said.

If you want to to think of your long term career as an athlete and as a general badass, you're pretty much approaching what can be one of the best and most productive training periods in your life.

Just to answer this question, there's no kind of special program or diet that will put back weight you previously had. It just a matter of getting back into a solid, well-designed program and giving your body the nutrition it needs (and actually wants at this point) to fully recover and grow.

Check out the article, The Athlete Diet, to get some ideas about making sure your eating is straightened out:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/the_athlete_diet

As far as your training plan, I'm a big fan of making 110% sure younger guys can handle basic bodyweight exercises. You're a wrestler, so it might seem laughable to you, but I'd say make sure you can do the following routine before jumping right back into weight training.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Squat 2x15 (No weight, keep both feet flat on the floor.)
Push-up 2x15 (On your toes, go until the chest almost touches the floor.)
Lunge 2x15 (Alternate legs, 1 rep left/1 rep right.)
Neutral-grip pull-up 2x15 (assisted if necessary. Could be substituted with inverted rows.)
Plank 2x15-count (Hold the top part of a push-up, on the toes, arms straight, keep the whole body straight. Count to 15.)
Burpee/squat thrust 2x15

This will also help "re-prepare" your joints to again deal with the stresses of consistent lifting.

Lastly...

What exactly does this mean?

What were your best squat, flat bench, deadlift, overhead press, and row numbers?