Wide grip press 10x95
8 chins

2 sets
BTN press 10x95
8 chins

3 sets
5 Ab wheel
15 lateral raises

In hindsight, I may have went a bit heavier on the press than I should have. But that just means I need to grow more to survive. Today was tough, & the volume will keep getting ratcheted up more each week. I’m planning to do band pull aparts & arms on my four non lifting days. Super solid day today, the amount of work was very tough, especially since I’m not used to it right now. Overall, today just has me excited for the rest of this program

Also thinking I might just do easy runs on the other four days instead of intervals/speed/long run training like I thought earlier. The goal is to put on size, & flipping running to maintenance mode is probably best for this 6 weeks

1 Like

AM workout

10 mile airdyne (24:45)

100 band pull aparts
100 banded pushdowns
100 barbell curls

AM workout

Squat 3x10x205
Wide stance squat 2x10x165
Front squat 2x10x165

50 dips
50 chins
50 band pull aparts

Squats were good today. Ready to bring my squat back up after letting it slide for so long. First time doing wide stance today, it didn’t feel too tough, but I kept it light & will build on it week by week. Legs felt jelly by the end of the session, so even with a pretty light weight front squats were not easy. I’m really just pumped to be doing such a high volume program & all the growth I know it will catalyze.

AM workout

3.12 mile run (33:32)

100 barbell curls
100 banded pushdowns
100 band pull aparts

Legs are sore & just completely dead from yesterday. They loosened up a bit throughout the run, but even my calves were lit up pretty quick. Kept my heart rate down, but it still felt pretty tough even at such a slow pace.

I get so laser focused on a single goal that the “in between” days are tough to stay honest with. Right now I just want to get bigger, & running isn’t going to contribute nearly as much as lifting to that, but I know I need to keep soldiering through it. I’ll be glad I did later.

First bench day tomorrow. Let’s go

1 Like

Got around an hour of lawn mowing in with a weight vest on. Happy with that as all the training I’ll do today.

1 Like

AM workout

3 sets
Bench 10x165
Chins x8

2 sets
Wide grip bench 10x135
Chins x8

2 sets
Incline bench 10x115
Chins x8

3 sets
SL KBDL 8x30
Kb row 15x45

A good end to the lifting week today, looking forward to building on this. My legs are still sore from Wednesday with no end in sight haha. I used the 30 lb kb for the single leg deadlifts, & the weight ended up not being too heavy, but keeping balance was the main challenge as I haven’t done this movement in a while. Wide grip bench moved really well, but after racking both sets it felt like my chest was about to cramp, so weight selection was probably fine. Got a couple conditioning days coming up, then onto week two which adds sets to everything. Let’s do this

AM workout

30 minute easy airdyne- 11.21 miles

100 band pull aparts

5 sets
10 chins
10 barbell curls

100 band pushdowns

Hoping the airdyne flushed a bit of soreness out of the legs. On the pull aparts, I did 40 of the 100 diagonally, & it was for sure more difficult. Will need to be including those from now on. Solid “in between” day, doing what I can to keep that aerobic base while getting in some extra volume on arms & back

AM workout

3.00 mile run (32:31)

100 band pull aparts
100 banded curls
100 band pushdowns

Legs still feel like absolute cinder blocks as I am still recovering from squatting Wednesday. Made this run way more difficult than I planned, but at least I know week one put a significant strain on me, so I must be growing. I ate big this last week, & I gotta keep that up as I head back to work tomorrow to make this a successful 6 weeks of putting on mass

AM workout

4 sets
Press 10x120
8 chins

3 sets
Wide grip press 10x95
8 chins

3 sets
BTN press 10x95
8 chins

4 sets
5 Ab wheel
15 db lateral raise

I’m back to the 5am workouts this week after being able to sleep in & workout around 7:30 last week. Coupling this with all the added sets made this quite a tough workout. The last set of regular press & BTN press were feeling pretty close to max effort. Next week will certainly be a barn burner, so I got 7 days to eat big & recover for it. I’ve liked the small variations in exercises on this program, & am also a fan of the super simple, but very difficult progression scheme. Pumped to keep this train rolling

1 Like

AM workout

5 rounds
1 mile airdyne
10-8-6-4-2 kb snatches per side
10 chins

50 skullcrushers
50 banded curls
100 band pull aparts

For the conditioning workout, it was a total of 60 kb snatches. 10 per side in the first round, then decreasing each side by 2 reps each round. Finished at 20:54. Cardio wasn’t the main limiter, as I had the most trouble making sure I did the chins unbroken. The chins on this workout would have been no problem a couple months ago, so I know I have a lot of room to grow & adapt to this, as today I had to take a brief rest before hopping up on each set. I’m finding that I’m a becoming a little bit indecisive on what I want to do for conditioning this block. On one hand, a week or two ago I’d say I want to keep running to not lose all the gains I made on that, but I also want to find ways to add volume to my resistance training through the conditioning I’m doing. Not sure where exactly I’ll end up on this, but I guess I will take it day by day for a little while

AM workout

Squat 4x10x205
Wide stance squat 3x10x165
Front squat 3x10x165

50 dips
50 chins

This absolutely massacred my legs this morning. Wow. It felt like I got hit by a truck when my alarm went off, & never really got any better. Legs are still shaking well after finishing the squats. I stuck to 2 minute rest periods for all the squatting in order to prepare for next week, since then I’ll have 3 extra sets & pretty much need to stick to that in order to finish in time. Needless to say, it was brutal. Like I said after my press workout Monday, I now have a week to recover and prepare myself for an even bigger week next week.

AM workout

8 mile airdyne (20:49)

100 band pull aparts (all diagonal, 50/side)
100 kb curls
100 band pushdowns

After finally recovering and feeling normal for a day or two, my legs are sore again. Haha. Not as bad as last week, but it was tough getting comfortable sleeping last night. Ready to close out week two of this program with bench tomorrow.

AM workout

4 sets
Bench 4x10x165
8 chins

3 sets
Wide grip bench 3x10x135
8 chins

3 sets
Incline bench 1x10x115, 2x10x125
8 chins

4 sets
8 SL KBDL
15 kb rows

Regular bench hasn’t felt very strong recently, but the rest of this workout moved well given all the fatigue it accrues. Not sure what the answer is for normal bench, but I’ll trust the process & see if I can at least put on some mass, which in the long run will help the most. It’s challenging me more than I’d expect, but that’s better than it not being difficult. Week two down-ready for some battles next week.

AM workout

30-20-10
kb clean & press w/45 lb bells
Burpee chins

Finished at 19:54

100 band pull aparts
50 barbell curls
50 band pushdowns

Heart rate & breathing didn’t get too jacked up during the workout, as shoulder fatigue is really what slowed me down the most. Nonetheless, it was a solid way to get in some extra volume on pulling and press while getting the heart rate up a decent bit. This was a good way to bring kettlebells back in a little bit as well, & I know I need to find places to fit them in throughout the week

AM workout

30 minute airdyne (12.1 miles)

100 band pull aparts
100 banded curls
100 band pushdowns

Half an hour sweat session, a quick pump, then prepare for a big week. Let’s do this

AM workout

5 sets
Press 10x120
8 chins

4 sets
Wide grip press 10x95
8 chins

4 sets
BTN press 10x95
8 chins

5 sets
5 Ab wheel
15 db lateral raises

What a day. Shoulders are 100% blasted. The regular presses have moved better week by week, but the last set today was still very challenging. It’s cool seeing the total amount of work go up while the difficulty week to week seems similar

1 Like

AM workout

Vertical jumps 4x3

20 minute airdyne (7.72 miles)

100 diagonal band pull aparts
100 barbell curls
100 band pushdowns

Had the random inclination to do some jumping, which was cool. It’s been a long time since I’ve done anything explosive like that, so it felt like gravity was turned up a bit, but it was good nonetheless. Hoping it doesn’t impact squatting tomorrow, but regardless tomorrow will just be about fitting it out anyways, so it’s irrelevant really.

AM workout

Squat 5x10x205
Wide stance squat 4x10x165
Front squat 4x10x165

100 band pull aparts

Absolutely nuked from this. Was able to do a set every 3 minutes for the whole workout, which I’m proud of. It was tempting to take an extra 30 seconds here or there, but I held strong & stuck to the plan. This gave me about 2 minutes rest per set. I’ll try to hit the 50 dips & chins later today, but it just wasn’t happening this morning. Lots of food planned & needed the rest of today

AM workout

5 rounds
2 minute airdyne
10 burpee chins

Rest pause 50 dips
10 Ab wheel
50 db curls
50 band pushdowns
60 band pull aparts

Closing out cycle one with bench day tomorrow, & closing out work for the year as tomorrow is the students last day until Christmas break

AM workout

5 sets
Bench 5x10x165
8 chins

4 sets
Wide grip bench 4x10x135
8 chins

4 sets
Incline bench 4x10x125
8 chins

KB SLDL 3x10

KB rows 1x20

A solid close to cycle one. Tough day all around. The volume & variety of this has been really good, & I think it’s gives the opportunity to move to something higher intensity, higher frequency afterwards & reap some huge rewards. Not sure what that’ll be, but I have a while to figure that out

1 Like