Wrath of the Titans

I’ll be seeing it tonight. Hopefully its better than the first and it makes more than the Hunger Games.

Sam Worthington, don’t let me down a third time.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I’ll be seeing it tonight. Hopefully its better than the first and it makes more than the Hunger Games.

Sam Worthington, don’t let me down a third time.[/quote]

Don’t let him M.Night Shyma you. I fell for his lies 3 times.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Don’t let him M.Night Shyma you. I fell for his lies 3 times.[/quote]

He got me once with Terminator 3. He got me once with Clash of the Titans. But the trailer on this movie is so bad ass that I have to see it.

And Hunger Games looks gay. I can’t support Twilight movies.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
h Clash of the Titans. But the trailer on this movie is so bad ass that I have to see it.

And Hunger Games looks gay. I can’t support Twilight movies.[/quote]

lol wat?

it aint no Expendables~

gonna be terrible just like the first one.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

He got me once with Terminator 3. He got me once with Clash of the Titans. But the trailer on this movie is so bad ass that I have to see it.

To be fair, Hunger Games is watchable and better than Twilight (not saying much), although both lack the defining features of the sub-genres they’re inspired by: that means no violence, and no scares respectively.

The Hunger Games movie isn’t as pretentious as that other teen-magnet franchise: the first movie is just product placement for an uprising/ sequel, the ending is pure Phantom Menace (swap Palpatine for the Pres. and you’ll get the idea) and it doesn’t pretend to be anything else. The violence, being the most controversial, rating unfriendly, difficult aspect of the movie to convey (yet also the most interesting) is glossed over through necessity, so we are left with a movie that promises gore and difficult moral choices but can’t deliver.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Worthington wasn’t in Terminator 3. He was in Terminator Salvation and I thought he was the best character in that movie.

The retina-searing quicky 3D conversion of the first movie was so bad that I don’t remember much about it all. The characters must have had a far better view of the movie than the audience, otherwise the Medusa’s gaze would be rendered useless by her victims’ inability to see fuck all (barring vague shapes through hastily tacked-on optical illusion -perfect defense, really). Then again, maybe the actors were petrified from embarrassment, not the Gorgon’s trout face and bad hair.

Sam Worthington was already carved of stone if his performance and facial expressions are anything to go by.

The only saving grace was Alexa Davalos as Andromeda. In spite of everything I would have watched ‘Wrath’ if she’d been asked back. As soon as they gave her the boot and drafted in Rosamund Pike (hot, but no substitute), my boycott was guaranteed.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

To be fair, Hunger Games is watchable and better than Twilight (not saying much), although both lack the defining features of the sub-genres they’re inspired by: that means no violence, and no scares respectively.

The Hunger Games movie isn’t as pretentious as that other teen-magnet franchise: the first movie is just product placement for an uprising/ sequel, the ending is pure Phantom Menace (swap Palpatine for the Pres. and you’ll get the idea) and it doesn’t pretend to be anything else. The violence, being the most controversial, rating unfriendly, difficult aspect of the movie to convey (yet also the most interesting) is glossed over through necessity, so we are left with a movie that promises gore and difficult moral choices but can’t deliver. [/quote]

After watching Battle Royale recently, I can’t see any reason to watch Hunger Games. You still make a good point, Roybot.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

The Hunger Games movie isn’t as pretentious as that other teen-magnet franchise: the first movie is just product placement for an uprising/ sequel, the ending is pure Phantom Menace (swap Palpatine for the Pres. and you’ll get the idea) and it doesn’t pretend to be anything else. The violence, being the most controversial, rating unfriendly, difficult aspect of the movie to convey (yet also the most interesting) is glossed over through necessity, so we are left with a movie that promises gore and difficult moral choices but can’t deliver. [/quote]

After watching Battle Royale recently, I can’t see any reason to watch Hunger Games. You still make a good point, Roybot.

[/quote]

Wol, Battle Royale goes where The Hunger Games fears to tread. The HG movie seems to focus on everything but the games - sort of like making a serial killer movie for tweeners.

Example: the creepy kid from Orphan played the most convincing killer and I only saw her as one after seeing what she could do in Orphan…

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Worthington wasn’t in Terminator 3. He was in Terminator Salvation and I thought he was the best character in that movie.[/quote]

Worthington as Marcus Wright was his best Hollywood performance, but his terminator draws joint third place with Kristanna Loken’s T-1TS. People unfairly credit Arnie’s effectiveness as a terminator to his robotic acting. I say his role drew on xenophobia: the accent and build were unprecedented at that time. Cameron inverted that in T2 by making the enemy physically and vocally unremarkable.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

Wol, Battle Royale goes where The Hunger Games fears to tread. The HG movie seems to focus on everything but the games - sort of like making a serial killer movie for tweeners.

Example: the creepy kid from Orphan played the most convincing killer and I only saw her as one after seeing what she could do in Orphan…

America is Not ready for The Battle Royal. People would protest the shit out of it.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

Orphan - Trailer HD - YouTube [/quote]

America is Not ready for The Battle Royal. People would protest the shit out of it. [/quote]

Parents are already up in arms over the Hunger Games’ violent content:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Parents are already up in arms over the Hunger Games’ violent content:

That’s just funny. If doesn’t know there is violence in the Hunger Games or any other violent movie PG-13 and up, that’s their fault. The violence in hunger game was pretty tame anyway.

Clash/Wrath of the Titans-they make one hell of a kick ass preview. Movie…not so much.

LOL at wanting to make it “rated 15”. Honestly, why take your kids to see this if you are that uptight about it? From what I hear, they have so many cut scenes during any violent action that you really don’t see anything. It is just implied.

Keep your kids at home instead of trying to change the movie for the rest of the world.

I guess I don’t understand trying to make your own morals and values law for everyone else.

Man, this series makes no sense. The first film was phenomenal and the next one was awful. Who knows about this one.

1. Remember the Titans- great
  2. Clash of the Titans- Awful
  3. Wrath of the Titans- ???

I mean really, where is this going…

LOLz

Honestly, they should of just made a movie(machinima) from GoW 1-3 cutscenes and BAM put it on the big screen, would be infinitely better then Wrath of the Titans.

[quote]Dt546 wrote:
Man, this series makes no sense. The first film was phenomenal and the next one was awful. Who knows about this one.

1. Remember the Titans- great
  2. Clash of the Titans- Awful
  3. Wrath of the Titans- ???

I mean really, where is this going…[/quote]

I know, it’s like there’s no correlation between the first and the second two