Wrapped High Bar Squat Form Check

This was the first time I did a wrapped high bar squat. This was no PR and not a really maximal load but it was the heaviest weigth of this training cycle so far. Like always any critique is welcome.

[deleted]

Anything wrong with the video or more information needed? It is a bit unusual to get no response at all at a form check. I don’t think my squat was that terrible, judging depth might be a little difficult with the clothing but I would like to get someone else’s opinion.

The one things really glaring at me is that foam padding you’re squatting on. I’m guessing your gym put it down which is very unfortunate because you can literally see it compress under you. You’re losing power and I think its causing your weight to shift around.

I see 3 things wrong:
-you paused slightly in the hole
-I can’t see your hip crease because of the color of your pants, but it looks like you might be squatting a bit high.
-get rid of that foam padding! I have the same thing, but I only use it for floor press. Are you not allowed to move it when you squat?

[quote]Drice21 wrote:
The one things really glaring at me is that foam padding you’re squatting on. I’m guessing your gym put it down which is very unfortunate because you can literally see it compress under you. You’re losing power and I think its causing your weight to shift around.[/quote]

Yes, I hate that. I begged the owner to remove this for a long time. This shit is especially dangerous when deadlifting because the foam plates are just losely connected.