Wrangler Unlimited

Wranglers suck at towing, they aren’t built for it. Don’t buy one as a vehicle you want to tow anything moderately large or heavy in.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

On an unrelated note, my '06 Mustang just rolled 35,000 miles. I think I’ll keep her for another year or 2 then trade her in on a 2012/2013 Boss 302 Mustang (or SRT-8 Challenger if they start offering plum crazy as a paint option again).[/quote]

damn it, dude…always have to one up somebody.[/quote]

He is Cajun probably thinks its hotter there then here X.[/quote]

Actually I’m born and raised Texan. I just got transplanted to the boot state and developed a taste for the food and the women.[/quote]

You know I am messing with you man, much love and fist bump. Or is that out now? I never know. I love the food, 2nd behind mexican same with the woman. :slight_smile:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Wranglers suck at towing, they aren’t built for it. Don’t buy one as a vehicle you want to tow anything moderately large or heavy in.[/quote]

So this is out DD?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
I live in Egypt and every 18 yr old daddy’s girl/boy has one of these. I initially wanted one, now i’m sick of the sight of them tbh.

Interior and build quality is diabolical, the mpg is just as bad with little power and not much performance.

Toyota fj cruiser maybe?

Land rover defender would put the wrangler to shame hands down. [/quote]

Would love a Defender but the last model sold in US is 1997. The reason is they do not have airbags.

Considered the Cruiser but I read that the back seat has no view at all and I would rather have my kid be able to see out then feel like I stuck her in dark cave begging to be lit by a computer/DVD screen.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
Hold off for now. The Gladiator might see production. I’m not a fan of 1/4 ton trucks like the Dakotas, S-10a, or Rangers, but I would buy this guy.

On an unrelated note, my '06 Mustang just rolled 35,000 miles. I think I’ll keep her for another year or 2 then trade her in on a 2012/2013 Boss 302 Mustang (or SRT-8 Challenger if they start offering plum crazy as a paint option again).[/quote]

I will investigate the Gladiator. Love the look.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Why not get another truck? The Wrangler doesn’t really have any advantages for the kind of stuff that you are describing. There’s very little cargo capacity in the Jeep which means towing a trailer which is cool (I take my track bike in a trailer) but it does limit your (legal speed) and sometimes you just want to load up and go.

I’ve got an SUV now but a pickup is definitely my next vehicle.

james[/quote]

You are right about just getting another truck. I like the looks of the Unlimited and was trying to talk myself into one. Well, I know whose side you are on, my wife’s.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Wranglers suck at towing, they aren’t built for it. Don’t buy one as a vehicle you want to tow anything moderately large or heavy in.[/quote]

So this is out DD?[/quote]

Damn, how many of these pics do you have? I just need a number, not all the pics. I hate counting.

[quote]curnzy wrote:
man, find yourself a 90’s ford bronco. the states has tons still in amazing condition. i picked mine up for 2500. its got some minor body rust now but it runs perfect and i beat the fuck out of it. there solid trucks.

wide wheelbase, 2 rows of seating, still room in the back, removable roof, replacement parts are easy to find and cheap if something did break, the 5L (which i have) is a solid engine and if you wanted more power you can get one with a 351. [/quote]

Good idea. Thanks.

My friend has the defender back in the UK, its bad ass, especially in dark green. Fog’s on the front and big wheels, can’t beat it.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]John Romaniello wrote:
I have the Wrangler Unlimited. In orange.

I fucking love it. [/quote]

Hookem I knew you were a University of Texas fan. :)[/quote]

Or he’s a Sinatra fan.[/quote]

Actually, I just asked for “the most obnoxious and attention getting color.” The orange (called “mango-tango pearl”) won by a clear mile.

If you are looking at Wranglers, hold out for the 2012 models just hitting dealer lots now. They come with the new Pentastar v6, good for 80+ hp more than the 2011 and previous models. Can’t recall the torque increase over prior years, but it is up there. If you like an auto trans, the new 5 speed is supposed to be vastly superior to the prior 4 speed. MPG is somewhere around 18 city/21 hwy, I believe. The interiors are supposed to be much nicer. You can get a tow package with 3.71 diff gears for more grunt down low. If you opt for the Rubicon package, you get a more rugged suspension, and I think you then get 4.10 diff gears, though that may be special order. Holeshot and passing power are supposed to be drastically better than earlier models.

[quote]kineticj wrote:
If you are looking at Wranglers, hold out for the 2012 models just hitting dealer lots now. They come with the new Pentastar v6, good for 80+ hp more than the 2011 and previous models. Can’t recall the torque increase over prior years, but it is up there. If you like an auto trans, the new 5 speed is supposed to be vastly superior to the prior 4 speed. MPG is somewhere around 18 city/21 hwy, I believe. The interiors are supposed to be much nicer. You can get a tow package with 3.71 diff gears for more grunt down low. If you opt for the Rubicon package, you get a more rugged suspension, and I think you then get 4.10 diff gears, though that may be special order. Holeshot and passing power are supposed to be drastically better than earlier models.

[/quote]

cool, thanks.

Looks like the Gladiator is supposed to come out next year. Looks like I need to hold my horses for a bit.

I cast my vote for a truck. Better towing, more power with comparable or better MPG and more comfortable. The only thing lacking is the ability to remove the top.

I am in the market for a vehicle also, with 185K on my 2001 GMC. I have looked at other options, but I always seem to come back full circle to a truck.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

damn it, dude…always have to one up somebody.[/quote]

He is Cajun probably thinks its hotter there then here X.[/quote]

Actually I’m born and raised Texan. I just got transplanted to the boot state and developed a taste for the food and the women.[/quote]

You know I am messing with you man, much love and fist bump. Or is that out now? I never know. I love the food, 2nd behind mexican same with the woman. :)[/quote]

If there are two things I miss it’s Mexican food and Half-Mexican women.

I’d vote truck also. You can find '05-'08 diesels used for less than 30k. That would take care of your towing and off-road needs. Mileage is average(17-20mpg), but considering it doesn’t change while you’re towing, that’s a good choice IMO. Also the mileage is much better than most newer diesels that have the new emission crap installed.

I drive an '06 Dodge 2500 4x4 with the 5.9 Cummins and I’ve never had problems with it. The only expense that sucks, when it comes up, is tires. That usually can run well over 1k.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

So this is out DD?[/quote]

Damn, how many of these pics do you have? I just need a number, not all the pics. I hate counting.[/quote]

Are you talking about my family albums? I have to many to count, BIG family. :slight_smile:

[quote]Paste42 wrote:
I’d vote truck also. You can find '05-'08 diesels used for less than 30k. That would take care of your towing and off-road needs. Mileage is average(17-20mpg), but considering it doesn’t change while you’re towing, that’s a good choice IMO. Also the mileage is much better than most newer diesels that have the new emission crap installed.

I drive an '06 Dodge 2500 4x4 with the 5.9 Cummins and I’ve never had problems with it. The only expense that sucks, when it comes up, is tires. That usually can run well over 1k.[/quote]

You get any rain yet man?