WR and DVT Risks

Just a quick one

While on cycle and suffering water retention would the extra compunding of the blood vessels make your more at risk from a DVT if you had to go on a flight?

Cheers

Nobody? Bushmyster?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Sorry Guv’nor :wink:

I think that the water retention will increase blood volume but not viscosity, therefore actually slightly lowering the thickness of the blood.

HOWEVER, the increased erythropoesis and therefore RBC count, will act to make the blood thicker and slightly more prone to coagulation.

So, stay hydrated. Walk the aisles ever hour. Elevate your feet periodically. DO NOT drink alcohol. Consider taking 1/2 sapirin every 4 hours, to reduce platelet aggregation.

Bushy[/quote]

Its gonna take me the rest of the afternoon to look up all those words in the medical book. Bastard :slight_smile:

good job it’s raining

[quote]testanabol wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Sorry Guv’nor :wink:

I think that the water retention will increase blood volume but not viscosity, therefore actually slightly lowering the thickness of the blood.

HOWEVER, the increased erythropoesis and therefore RBC count, will act to make the blood thicker and slightly more prone to coagulation.

So, stay hydrated. Walk the aisles ever hour. Elevate your feet periodically. DO NOT drink alcohol. Consider taking 1/2 sapirin every 4 hours, to reduce platelet aggregation.

Bushy

Its gonna take me the rest of the afternoon to look up all those words in the medical book. Bastard :slight_smile:

good job it’s raining[/quote]

Haha Yeah me too!

I cannot find much info on Saprin! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers Bushy thats great ta.

sapirin = aspirin

I hoped the “:p” would signal my sarcasm, nevermind