WPO At The Arnold

Travis Mash had kick ass day.

970-705-739 total 2414

Travis took a fourth attempt on the bench for 722. I was less than 10 feet from the bench ? I thought it was a good lift. Travis was visibly pissed, he asked each ref why the lift was bad- while he was on the platform. They said he did a double dip at the bottom. I didn?t see a double dip. But the refs said ?No lift? ? their word is final and it has to be.

All and all still a good day for Travis. 2414 was a new world record.

Chuckie V didn?t have such a good day? better luck next year !

[quote]Atreides wrote:
Travis Mash had kick ass day.

970-705-739 total 2414

Travis took a fourth attempt on the bench for 722. I was less than 10 feet from the bench ? I thought it was a good lift. Travis was visibly pissed, he asked each ref why the lift was bad- while he was on the platform. They said he did a double dip at the bottom. I didn?t see a double dip. But the refs said ?No lift? ? their word is final and it has to be.

All and all still a good day for Travis. 2414 was a new world record.

Chuckie V didn?t have such a good day? better luck next year !
[/quote]

Congrats to Travis and to you for being able to witness it. What is a double dip? Is that where the lifter brings the bar down to the chest, then up an inch (or less)and then bounces it off the chest to get some velocity going???

A double did would be any time after the “press” signal is given and the bar begins its ascent then it goes down and then up again.

I was just looking over the results of the Light and Middleweights at the Arnold and congrats to BM’s pal Ron Palmer with a 1962 total at 165! He is wicked close to breaking that 2000 barrier and to do that at 165 is amazing to say the least.

where did u find the results?

[quote]TTewell342 wrote:
where did u find the results?[/quote]

http://www.worldpowerlifting.org/Results030405.pdf

Ron Palmer is ri-damn-diculous. Ask Ross about his training; they lift together quite a bit.