WPC vs WPI

Anyone notice any difference taking them? One’s way more expensive than the other, but how are hte results?

I think you’d be splitting hairs to “notice” a difference between the two. Whey isolate has just gone through a more thorough filtration process to remove excess carbs and fats. Other than that, they’re the same.

I stick mostly to isolate for the lower saturated fat and cholesterol.

[quote]elusive wrote:
I think you’d be splitting hairs to “notice” a difference between the two. Whey isolate has just gone through a more thorough filtration process to remove excess carbs and fats. Other than that, they’re the same.[/quote]

One more difference you are overlooking is the immunoglobulin content, depending on the filtration process. Ion-exchange is a fairly harsh process which destroys these beneficial immune boosting proteins, whereas concentrate usually keeps these proteins intact.

If other, more gentle methods of filtration are used to produce isolate, such as cross-flow microfitration, I think the immunoglobulins are preserved, if I’m not mistaken.

Most isolate you see out there, though, uses ion-exchange, so generally its good to have both a concentrate and an isolate.

And as doubledeuce said, isolate tends to be lower in cholesterol and carbs as well, isolate protein needs to be >=90% protein by volume last time I checked, and most other junk is filtered out.

I’m a person who doesn’t notice how something affects my body so I asked.

Dietary cholesterol has no correlated effect on serum cholesterol in healthy individuals, so no matter?

And the extra carb/fat should not matter that much PWO, yes?