T Nation

WOW! WOW!...WOW!

http://www.infowars.com/articles/science/aids_hiv_bayer.htm

This clip from Scarborough Country highlights how Bayer knowingly dumped medicine that was known to be contaminated with AIDS virus on the European market after it killed people in America.

This happened over 20 years ago. It was a shitty, shitty thing, but what is the point of bringing it up now. Did something new happen? Why not post holocaust links while you are posting shitty shitty things?

From the NY Times, in 1987:

Bayer Named In AIDS Suit
Published: March 18, 1987

LEAD: Bayer A.G., the giant West German chemical company, said today that it had been sued over its sale of hemophilia drugs that may have been infected with the AIDS virus.

Bayer A.G., the giant West German chemical company, said today that it had been sued over its sale of hemophilia drugs that may have been infected with the AIDS virus.

The news sent Bayer’s shares tumbling by 12.50 marks, or about $6.90, to 292.50 marks, or $162.50, on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and pulled the whole market lower.

A Bayer statement said fewer than 20 patients who have been treated with the Factor VIII hemophilia drug have filed liability claims against the company charging that the substance was contaminated with the AIDS virus.

Factor VIII, which is essential for the treatment of hemophiliacs, is made from human blood plasma. The drug is produced by Miles Laboratories Inc., an Elkhart, Ind., subsidiary of Bayer, a Bayer spokesman said.

The liability claims, which were filed both in the United States and Western Europe, are still in a pre-court phase, said the spokesman, who requested anonymity.

He added that the drugs infected with the AIDS virus could have been produced by other pharmaceutical companies and not Bayer. But the Bayer statement did not deny that its product might have been contaminated in the past.

Since early 1985, Bayer has been screening all donated blood plasma for the AIDS virus, the company statement said, and the drug is now believed to be AIDS-free.

Good job on such a fucking descriptive title too…

[quote]vroom wrote:
Good job on such a fucking descriptive title too…
[/quote]

I personally would have gone with “Whoah”…because I’m just flashy like that.

I would have picked

Oh My God! Oh My God! OH MY GOD! I AM CUMMMMIIINGGG!!!

“To All the UnBayers”

or

“Post here to support AIDS”

would’ve been in keeping with the current fads.

[quote]pookie wrote:
“To All the UnBayers”

or

“Post here to support AIDS”

would’ve been in keeping with the current fads.[/quote]

HA!

That’s the funniest fucking thing I’ve read in a long time, thanks!