Wow. This Really Irks Me

Well I workout at a local NYSC by my house. I also work there as housekeeping(I no). So my manager calls me saying she was getting complains about the mens locker room towel bin being full when i work and dust being on the floor. Funny thing is that the locker room is never bad when i work.

I dont fuckin get it…Do people go to the gym to workout or to complain about anything they can find…seriously people need to shut the fuck up and lift…

it’s a NYSC. what do you expect. besides don’t you get paid to keep the towels fresh and the floor clean?

lurn too spel yo!

I don’t know, I often wonder if people come here to talk training or to complain about things. Seriously though, people need to shut the fuck up and lift.

well we dont have our own washing system here so we get our towels delivered…but regardless of me having to keep the floor clean i hear it all the time…Even when i dont work ill come in and a friend of mine who works at the front desk will be like “yeah this one just complained about dust being on the floor” i just dont get it…its ridiculous, people shouldnt be so focused on how clean the floor is.

[quote]BroLac wrote:
I dont fuckin get it…[/quote]

Talk about stating the obvious.

DB

Whos spelling was bad?

This style of writing is very reminiscent of one sasquatch99. OP, you haven’t by chance ripped any signs out of the parking lot of your gym or gotten legally cock-blocked?

D

You need to adjust your standards of clean to match those of picky people. Clearly you are not doing your job well enough for some people if there are frequent complaints.

It could be worse. When I was 18 and had your job, some joker would come in about once a month and take a massive dump in the steam room. Guess who had to clean that up?

Seriously, it stank so bad I had to hold my breath, clean as much as I could, run out suck wind for a few minutes then repeat until it was all cleaned up and washed down. So, quit whining and get that locker clean!

In my line of work, if i do not fulfill the client’s requests i would get fired. You need to stop complaining and realize you are getting paid to do a job which you are not doing. And if you are doing it, it is not being done suitably.

The way i see it, you have 2 options:

1. Do your job.

2. If you believe you are doing a quality job, then bring your manager into the lockerroom to assess your work. If it is up to his/her standards then she will be able to ignore future complains.

[quote]BroLac wrote:
Whos spelling was bad?[/quote]

LOL. At least try to be subtle.

Just like someone coming up to me the other day for dropping a weight about a foot… obv it made a lot of noise since it was 60lb DB, but i wasn’t in the weightlifting area, i was in the pansy ass area. un-fucking-believable… the athletic director said a member complained about it and to make sure i dont do it again.
I just said “sure” and put my headphones back on.

are you that fucking stupid? A lot of the times you have to drop a weight at least a foot to make sure you don’t tear a bicep or something(DB bench press/incline specifically)

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
This style of writing is very reminiscent of one sasquatch99. OP, you haven’t by chance ripped any signs out of the parking lot of your gym or gotten legally cock-blocked?

D[/quote]

Nah, he’s a bro. He’s pretty chill.

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:

are you that fucking stupid? A lot of the times you have to drop a weight at least a foot to make sure you don’t tear a bicep or something(DB bench press/incline specifically) [/quote]

Lol. DB-droppers crack me up with their justifications. Quit disrespecting the weights.

DB

Seriously, you need to drop a 60lb dumbbell?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

Nah, he’s a bro. He’s pretty chill.[/quote]

Natural Lite and a BBD?

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
ShaneM686 wrote:

are you that fucking stupid? A lot of the times you have to drop a weight at least a foot to make sure you don’t tear a bicep or something(DB bench press/incline specifically)

Lol. DB-droppers crack me up with their justifications. Quit disrespecting the weights.

DB[/quote]

The way the dip station is set up, you have to take 2 steps to get to the top, so there is no way i can get that weight down that far without dropping it less than a foot to the floor.

If you have any great ideas, i’d love to hear it(and no, i’m not buying a dip belt since i’m only at this gym for a couple months out of the year and my other gym has 2 dip belts)

I just don’t see the point at yelling at me for what i did. Also, how do you do decline DB press without hammer curling them down fast/falling? You can’t convince me after doing your 4th/5th set of decline press with (whatever your 85%1rm is) that you are able to bring the weights slowly to the ground.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
ShaneM686 wrote:

DB[/quote]

I don’t see what’s so funny about DollarBill44 droppers. This problem has plagued us for long enough.

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
ShaneM686 wrote:

DB

The way the dip station is set up, you have to take 2 steps to get to the top, so there is no way i can get that weight down that far without dropping it less than a foot to the floor.

If you have any great ideas, i’d love to hear it(and no, i’m not buying a dip belt since i’m only at this gym for a couple months out of the year and my other gym has 2 dip belts)

I just don’t see the point at yelling at me for what i did. Also, how do you do decline DB press without hammer curling them down fast/falling? You can’t convince me after doing your 4th/5th set of decline press with (whatever your 85%1rm is) that you are able to bring the weights slowly to the ground.[/quote]

How are you dipping with a db with no belt? What are you holding the db with? I’m picturing a guy sticking a db in his jock.

In your post, you said “specifically incline db presses”. Those are quite easy to dismount without dropping the weight - you just lean forward and stand up with the dbs in your hands. There are ways to put down the dbs from a flat press as well. Decline db presses are a different story - I’ll give you a pass on them unless you’re using a spotter.

But you have to understand that the equipment belongs to the gym and by dropping the dbs, you’re dropping their stuff. If they’re hex dbs it’s not as big a deal, but if they’re plates, you’re shortening the life of the db by dropping it. I don’t know if you’ve priced dbs, but they’re not cheap.

DB

There is absolutely no reason you should be dropping dumbbells from flat or incline bench position especially so if the dumbbells are 100 pounds or less. I have always thought dumbbell droppers were doing it for attention.

D